Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

That's a big loss. Unfortunately I have a feeling that's just the first of all the big names left to go elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really sucks. This team needs lots of young talent on DL.

'Got road killed after Pitt ran their car over on this one.

We'll see how good a recruiter Jay Jonson, Bart Miller, and Claeys are soon enough.

The penalty for not having a winning season is we loss a few more recruiting battles.

I wonder if we can get Will Evans if we have designs to move him inside to DT. Plays inside on some of his highlight tape and looks like he may have the frame to add the weight.

I wonder if we can get Will Evans if we have designs to move him inside to DT. Plays inside on some of his highlight tape and looks like he may have the frame to add the weight.

He is already listed at 255 by 247 sports and rivals. Assuming this is accurate, he could put on 25 pounds or more pretty quickly.

Evans has already ruled out Minnesota, claiming it's too far from home.

This great class we had to keep isn't looking too great anymore....

This is why it's been so hard for me to get into college football, so much drama when you have to follow HS kids and see what they do. I can never follow recruiting but this year it's been such a huge deal, and now a huge portion of the hype train is gone

He's a Bison commit.

I guess the Gophers should consider him, or Ken Aguirre (Rashaun Epting's fellow WMU commit).

This great class we had to keep isn't looking too great anymore....

This is why it's been so hard for me to get into college football, so much drama when you have to follow HS kids and see what they do. I can never follow recruiting but this year it's been such a huge deal, and now a huge portion of the hype train is gone

Overall the class is still pretty solid, once Snelson is removed it'll a dip a little (he's still technically committed, I would be shocked if he actually signs here), but reason to be optimistic.

We'll be fine. We can't panic over kids we have no idea if they'll be good or not. Heck, many of our best players were kids with low rankings and many of our highly ranked guys ended up being duds.

And get pushed all over the field as a 280lb DT.

Well, hopefully a freshman is not playing a whole lot. But a freshman at 280 is pretty solid in my opinion. No reason he couldn't be up above 290 by the time he would be an upperclassmen.

Either way, I think the weight thing is a little overblown in my opinion. It's just as much about technique as anything else. Wisconsin's starting NT was listed at 272 this year.

This great class we had to keep isn't looking too great anymore.... This is why it's been so hard for me to get into college football, so much drama when you have to follow HS kids and see what they do. I can never follow recruiting but this year it's been such a huge deal, and now a huge portion of the hype train is gone

Believe it will still finish as the best ranked class in the Kill/Claeys era with each year better than the last.

I'm a 247 follower and we've basically been between 55 and 65 every year in Kill/Claeys. General improvement recently, but not constant improvement every year.

Assuming Snelson is lost and some lower-ranked last minute guys come in, I'm assuming high 40s national rank of class?

Snelson is a 3-star on 247. Of course, star-ratings are not true indicators of future success. Eric Decker was a 2-star recruit...

Julio Jones was a 5-star recruit. What's your point?
My point is that folks are saying the quality of this class depends on Snelson, who has dropped in rating since his commit. However, ratings aren't everything, and I pointed at one of the best Gopher players of this century and his low recruitment ranking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It Snelson is commited to the Gophers and he was just taking visits to enjoy the recruiting experience as he and others have suggested - Why is he even tweeting out a final 4 today? Why have a final 4?

Top Bottom