Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

You need to uncheck the box.

11918943_10155996304615433_8329470590964772056_o.jpg

Attachments

• 11918943_10155996304615433_8329470590964772056_o.jpg
    11918943_10155996304615433_8329470590964772056_o.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 67

I watched Waconia vs Chaska last night. Sean Engel has some good size and was able to go up, attack and get the ball. Would think with his size he might make a good defensive end. Was surprised to see Matt Kegel playing right tackle instead of left tackle. I thought you typically put your better of the two tackles at left. Chaska dominated both sides of the ball. Three of four defensive linemen were constantly in the backfield, I haven't seen that much domination in a long time. Hard to tell whether it was Waconia thay had a poor line or Chaska's being that good.

Looks like we have a new commit.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like we have a new commit.

Vincent Calhoun, Walvenski Aime, or Trent Maynard? Or someone we have not heard of with Gopher interest?

Sounds like Calhoun. I don't think we were after any other OL.

December grad and will be on campus for spring. Projected in guard rotation immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats to Vincent Calhoun!

Taking a JC player (a beast) will balance out the OL classes.

Likewise, let's hope we can snatch JC player Walvenski Aime on the DT side.

So. Why would a 3 star juco expect to start for a big ten school?

We loosing a lot there this year without good juniors?

We lose Christenson, Bush, and Bjorklund who have all seen a lot of snaps at Guard in their career and don't have a lot of depth behind them. There's a big opportunity for Calhoun to step in and play.

Assuming Bobek and Mayes start next year, you have Hayes, Weyler and Moore who would be a second year guy. I'd rather have Calhoun than any of those three starting next year.

2-deeps next year on the O-line:

LT: Lauer/Oseland
LG: Calhoun/Hayes
C: Bobek/Moore
RG: Mayes/Hayes
RT: Pirsig/A. Mayes

Like DHG said, w/o Calhoun we're rolling with C. Mayes, Hayes and probably Weyler and a TBD redshirt freshman in the 2-deeps at Guard. At worst, Calhoun can back-up Connor and Isaac and give the other players another year to develop. At best he's starting game 1.

what hs Lauer done to get all the love? he needs to stay healthy and then show us something (as does the whole OL)

what hs Lauer done to get all the love? he needs to stay healthy and then show us something (as does the whole OL)

He was a freshman All-American who now has health problems. Obviously people are hoping that he will be able to recover and return to his freshman condition.

2-deeps next year on the O-line:

LT: Lauer/Oseland
LG: Calhoun/Hayes
C: Bobek/Moore
RG: Mayes/Hayes
RT: Pirsig/A. Mayes

The way the coaches have talked, I'd bet on Pirsig being the LT. And I think RT will be wide open. Unfortunately Lauer hasn't been healthy in 2 years (nor has Alex Mayes). We could use a little luck in that department.

On the interior, even after getting Calhoun, we really need Bobek to get that 6th year waiver or our depth is not good. You cannot count on 2nd-year players in the B1G and expect to have a great OL.

I just realized we don't have a RB commitment yet. Is there a chance we don't sign one this year since we signed three last year?

I think you're on the money GII- especially with 2 of them R shirting it would appear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom