Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Burns did not say the trick up the Gophers sleeve in terms of OL recruiting was in any sense related to Badgers commit or recuit. Quit digging for something that isn't there.

You wasted a page of this thread chasing down a lead that multiple people told you wasnt the information Burns relayed.

Ok...I talked about Kasl twice. Then people told me I was wrong. Maybe you should quit trying to tell me I've been "stirring the pot" when I've said one thing about the OL recruiting. Sorry I'm not a recruiting guru like you.

Burns did not say the trick up the Gophers sleeve in terms of OL recruiting was in any sense related to Badgers commit or recuit. Quit digging for something that isn't there.

You wasted a page of this thread chasing down a lead that multiple people told you wasnt the information Burns relayed.
Wow, chill out...at least it was on topic. How about you chase down the people that kill many more pages on completely off topic tangents.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

At this point I would have to ask simply. Why would Kasl choose Minnesota over Wisconsin at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Oh no, we're gonna run out of pages!

At this point I would have to ask simply. Why would Kasl choose Minnesota over Wisconsin at this point.

At this point I would have to ask simply. Why are you still allowed to post here at this point.

Sent from my GFY-BadgerTroll using Myfootinyourass

At this point I would have to ask simply. Why are you still allowed to post here at this point.

Sent from my GFY-BadgerTroll using Myfootinyourass
You could go back 2 pages and see the point I made about the kid who got his scholarship yanked by Michigan. I am just trying to stay on topic. You seem to want to be an asshat.
BTW not a Badger troll.

There's all kinds of things that could impact his decision (or any recruit's decision). Play closer to home. Better chance to play early on. Wants to be closer to where his girlfriend is. Really likes the new OC and OL coach. Has decided to major in a program that Wisconsin doesn't offer or Minnesota is a better option (business for example).

I have no idea of any of these apply but any of them could.

BTW not a Badger troll.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

There's all kinds of things that could impact his decision (or any recruit's decision). Play closer to home. Better chance to play early on. Wants to be closer to where his girlfriend is. Really likes the new OC and OL coach. Has decided to major in a program that Wisconsin doesn't offer or Minnesota is a better option (business for example).

I have no idea of any of these apply but any of them could.
Up until this point none of these reasons have seemed to played a factor. If you are an OL why not go to a school the would max your potential at your position while playing winning football.

I would agree the timing sucks and I am not a Harbaugh guy at all but is it really any different then a kid changing his mind at the last minute.

I have no problem with kids changing their minds.

Schools (any school including MN) dropping someone this late is not cool.

I have no problem with kids changing their minds.

Schools (any school including MN) dropping someone this late is not cool.
Yeah I would agree not cool. From what I heard from a Michigan friend they saw him the kid play early in the season and told him that he had to step his game up. Some thought he took a lot of plays off and didn't "step up". Now they could have cut him loose sooner but I am pretty sure he will land on his feet somewhere.

Yeah I would agree not cool. From what I heard from a Michigan friend they saw him the kid play early in the season and told him that he had to step his game up. Some thought he took a lot of plays off and didn't "step up". Now they could have cut him loose sooner but I am pretty sure he will land on his feet somewhere.

The sad part with that kid was they (Michigan) should have known, should have just dropped him. He refused a invite to a camp this past summer (odd) supposedly was told to play better. Michigan got tapes of his play in November, but dropped him only recently.

Dropping a kid, I have no issue with that, just gotta time it right, this late, not col.

The sad part with that kid was they (Michigan) should have known, should have just dropped him. He refused a invite to a camp this past summer (odd) supposedly was told to play better. Michigan got tapes of his play in November, but dropped him only recently.

Dropping a kid, I have no issue with that, just gotta time it right, this late, not col.
I think we agree......sorry

Up until this point none of these reasons have seemed to played a factor. If you are an OL why not go to a school the would max your potential at your position while playing winning football.

Things can change. Maybe he sees how young Wisconsin's line is now and how much easier it could be to play earlier at Minnesota. I have no idea if any of things I stated are true. I just wanted to give you reasons why someone could change their mind.

The chances of changing are probably very small. I agree with that. I just think it could happen because he is local.

Things can change. Maybe he sees how young Wisconsin's line is now and how much easier it could be to play earlier at Minnesota. I have no idea if any of things I stated are true. I just wanted to give you reasons why someone could change their mind.

The chances of changing are probably very small. I agree with that. I just think it could happen because he is local.
Things could change but in this case I highly doubt that it will. I also feel that if Minnesota thought they could flip him they would have offered.
As for playing time I will say this: Ryan Groy did not start much at Wisconsin but was able to get himself an NFL contract. If you want to go to the next level which is honestly the better option?

Things could change but in this case I highly doubt that it will.

Agree.

I also feel that if Minnesota thought they could flip him they would have offered.

I think it is possible they did offer. But if the player doesn't tell anyone, it doesn't get updated. But you're probably right.

As for playing time I will say this: Ryan Groy did not start much at Wisconsin but was able to get himself an NFL contract. If you want to go to the next level which is honestly the better option?

To you and I it makes sense. But kids make decisions for all kinds of reasons. Some feel that getting more playing time will get them to the NFL. Believe it or not, some aren't even thinking about the NFL when it comes to this decision.

Agree.

I think it is possible they did offer. But if the player doesn't tell anyone, it doesn't get updated. But you're probably right.

To you and I it makes sense. But kids make decisions for all kinds of reasons. Some feel that getting more playing time will get them to the NFL. Believe it or not, some aren't even thinking about the NFL when it comes to this decision.
I think we mostly agree so again I am sorry. Now I did hear something about Minnesota coaches wanting an in home visit but got denied. Is this true?

You could go back 2 pages and see the point I made about the kid who got his scholarship yanked by Michigan. I am just trying to stay on topic. You seem to want to be an asshat.
BTW not a Badger troll.

Accurate, on all counts.

Accurate, on all counts.
Am I a Gopher fan? No and I never pretended to be either. Am I here to troll? No and I am trying hard not to as well. I do like to talk college football on many levels (I hate Free Shoe University). I do intend to push and I feel in the end that makes everyone better fans.

Am I a Gopher fan? No and I never pretended to be either. Am I here to troll? No and I am trying hard not to as well. I do like to talk college football on many levels (I hate Free Shoe University). I do intend to push and I feel in the end that makes everyone better fans.
I just got back from the rowing teams forum trying to teach those crazies how to be better fans. Did I miss anything over here?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for making us better fans.

BTW not a Badger troll.

maybe you're not a Badger troll, although I still think you are, but you are definitely an ass hat fart checker.

Top Bottom