Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

From my understanding of gray shirting, anyone really can gray shirt. I think wdiii would be a superb candidate for it.

Grey shirts usually occur when the fall class is full. They then move the recruit back to spring semester when a slot opens up. It is a interesting question though.

Rivals: NSD Conference Breakdown: Big Ten

6. Minnesota
An 8-5 record and Citrus Bowl appearance this past season kept excitement high in Minneapolis and that fed a strong recruiting class for the Golden Gophers. Offensive line and running back are two positions of strength in Minnesota's class, but the infusion of talent in the defensive backfield should be felt immediately. Their biggest addition came a week before Signing Day when they flipped four-star safety Dior Johnson from Wake Forest.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1731531

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'll get to see him live when Florida Tech plays him in the future. Welcome to the GSC TJ.

Go Gophers!!

The guys on 247 seem pretty confident that Whitfield will stick with Tulsa. It will be interesting to see if the Gophers try to add an LB really late that's a plan C or D guy or just leave that scholarship open for a late qualifier (or give it to a current walk on for a year).

Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

FOOTBALL. From pioneer press

Matt Anderson Stillwater North Dakota State

Tommy Anderson Eastview Minnesota-Duluth

Vance Barnes Minnetonka St. Cloud State

Josh Bauer Spring Lake Park Southwest Minnesota State

Aaron Berg Burnsville N.D. School of Science

John Birkholz Rosemount Minnesota-Duluth

Marquise Bridges DeLaSalle North Dakota State

Adam Buirge Park Center Northern Illinois

Jesse Cardenas Lakeville North Northern Iowa

Jordan Cardenas Lakeville North Augustana (S.D.

Advertisement

)
Drayton Carlberg DeLaSalle Oregon

Bryan Carlton Minnetonka North Dakota State

Brooks Carroll Stillwater Bemidji State

Nick Connelly Red Wing Minnesota

Jon Coppens Holy Family Wyoming

Josh Corcoran Lakeville South Northern Illinois

Jack Darnell Champlin Park North Dakota State

Bronson Dovich Chaska Minnesota

Tahi Dixon Burnsville Southwest Minnesota State

Nate Eckerson Bloom. Kennedy Augustana (S.D.)

Carl Engwall Lakeville North North Dakota

Aaron Gorres Park Minnesota-Duluth

Robbie Grimsley Hutchinson North Dakota State

Stu Hamann Lakeville North St. Cloud State

Trystan Hanson Lakeville North Air Force

Alex Hart Prior Lake New Mexico

Isaac Hodge DeLaSalle Northern State

Jesper Horsted Roseville Princeton

Connor Hubbs White Bear Lake North Dakota State

Tommy Hutsell Eastview Minnesota-Duluth

Kyle Johnson Hopkins Minnesota State Mankato

Trey Johnson Eastview Eastern Michigan

Zach Johnson Spring Lake Park North Dakota State

Mike Junker Hastings North Dakota

Jacob Lacina Cretin-Derham Hall Augustana (S.D.)

Andy Lockwood White Bear Lake Winona State

Trevor Long Champlin Park Minnesota-Crookston

Jeb Melson Park Southwest Minnesota State

Connor Melz Lakeville North Southwest Minnesota State

Harry Momoh Hopkins Wyoming

Blake Moreno St. Francis Minnesota State Mankato

Ziele Mosley Minnetonka South Dakota State

Datrice Mulsumo Champlin Park Southwest Minnesota State

Aaron Murphy Spring Lake Park Southwest Minnesota State

DeVante Nutall Wayzata Minnesota-Crookston

Taylor Otterstatter Mayer Lutheran Northern Iowa

Will Rains Eden Prairie Minnesota State Mankato

Donnell Rodgers Woodbury North Dakota

Patric Rooney Benilde-St. Margaret's North Dakota

Peyton Sanders Chaska Southwest Minnesota State

John Santiago St. Francis North Dakota

Connor Schissel Champlin Park Sioux Falls

Brett Shepley Burnsville Augustana (S.D.)

Ben Shoults Maple Grove Harvard

Braden Sikes Minnetonka North Dakota State

John Solberg Cambridge-Isanti St. Cloud State

Sam Steckman Andover South Dakota State

Gavin Rudoll Rosemount Minnesota-Duluth

Zach Thissen Rosemount Southwest Minnesota State

Dakota Toedter Lakeville North Northern State

Brandyn Tulloch Park Upper Iowa

Dimitri Williams Rosemount North Dakota State

D'Tavius Williams Hopkins Southwest Minnesota State

Jahvonta Wilson Brnsville N.D. School of Science

Sawyer Witt Hutchinson Minnesota State Mankato

Sam Zenner Eagan South Dakota State

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The guys on 247 seem pretty confident that Whitfield will stick with Tulsa. It will be interesting to see if the Gophers try to add an LB really late that's a plan C or D guy or just leave that scholarship open for a late qualifier (or give it to a current walk on for a year).

Yep - He got what he wanted from his trip here this past weekend, a trip to The Mall of America.

Yep - He got what he wanted from his trip here this past weekend, a trip to The Mall of America.

I dunno, wouldn't they have offered Smiley if they thought McKinley was unlikely to sign?

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2909455/highlights/173104377' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

From that Pi Press list...not a single commit to Wisconsin or Iowa. That's all I ask, that no Minnesota kids leave MN to go to one of those schools and better yet if they leave the B1G entirely if they're not coming to the U.

From that Pi Press list...not a single commit to Wisconsin or Iowa. That's all I ask, that no Minnesota kids leave MN to go to one of those schools and better yet if they leave the B1G entirely if they're not coming to the U.

One of the most noticeable omissions is Ryan Schlichte. He seems to have been pretty much an after thought since his junior year when it looked like he was going to be the second best in-state recruit in this class. The best being Cornell who was omitted also for some reason.

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Gophers putting the final touches on their recruiting class; key decision looms Wednesday

Gophers defensive line coach Jeff Phelps sent a generic tweet after the team received its latest recruiting commitment Sunday. It said, "Life as the DL Coach at The University of Minnesota just keeps getting better, one last piece of the plan remains! #blessed."

Coaches aren't allowed to comment on specific players, but the Gophers had just received a commitment from Winston DeLattiboudere, a defensive end from Ellicott City (Md.) Howard.

That gave the Gophers 24 commitments heading into national signing day on Wednesday. Phelps comment about "one last piece of the plan" is likely a reference to Jamal Milan, a defensive tackle from Chicago Raby, who plans to announce his decision on Wednesday. Milan's finalists are said to be Minnesota, Illinois and Indiana. He is a consensus three-star recruit.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/290542611.html

Go Gophers!!

One of the most noticeable omissions is Ryan Schlichte. He seems to have been pretty much an after thought since his junior year when it looked like he was going to be the second best in-state recruit in this class. The best being Cornell who was omitted also for some reason.

I think it's mostly metro area players. Schlichte is going to Minnesota State Mankato.

I think it's mostly metro area players. Schlichte is going to Minnesota State Mankato.

That's fair. I don't know how the PiPress missed Cornell, a CDH product and St Paul native, though. Someone there isn't doing their due diligence.

That's fair. I don't know how the PiPress missed Cornell, a CDH product and St Paul native, though. Someone there isn't doing their due diligence.

its because those are just the players signing tomorrow. Cornell has allready enrolled at Ohio State.

The schools are the ones that provide the info to the paper as well...so its Cretin you would need to blame if there were no other Cretin athletes on the list.

its because those are just the players signing tomorrow. Cornell has allready enrolled at Ohio State.

The schools are the ones that provide the info to the paper as well...so its Cretin you would need to blame if there were no other Cretin athletes on the list.

Jacob Lacina is on the list.

Jamal Milan to Illinois. That seems to be where the consensus is putting their bets.

I'm wondering if we have someone else waiting to be offered, possible flip or late qualifier.

Goblirsch and Funk both changed their predictions just now for Milan to Illinois...that sucks. I was really hoping this kid would stick with us but we all know how those sports experts HATE to be wrong so they must know something I guess :(

Top Bottom