Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Love this kid:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Milan's mom likes Illinois for obvious reasons.

STrib: U's recruiting class all three stars from top to bottom

This year’s Gophers recruiting class doesn’t include a marquee name like last year’s did, with four-star running back Jeff Jones, but it looks solid from top to bottom.

Entering the weekend, all 23 of Minnesota’s recruits were listed as three-star recruits in the 247Sports.com Composite Index, which combines the ratings of the various recruiting services. Dior Johnson, a safety from Southfield, Mich., has a four-star rating from Rivals.com, but ESPN, Scout and 247Sports all give him three stars.

Demry Croft, a dual-threat quarterback from Rockford (Ill.) Boylan Catholic, has an intriguing blend of size (6-5), speed (4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash) and arm strength. Jonathan Femi-Cole, a running back from Vaughn, Ontario, is a weightlifting phenom who rushed for 1,615 yards and 12 touchdowns in eight games as a senior. James Johanneson, from Fargo, N.D., rushed for 6,198 yards in three high school seasons.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/290437351.html

Go Gophers!!

Plenty of 200lb qbs in ncaa footbal, including Mauk from Missouri

And if he can throw the ball 60 yards he already has a strong arm for college football

He is 6'6" tho. 200 is only part of the size equation. Also, was listed at 180 to start the year so I'm not so sure he is at 200 yet. Either way, just opinion that he needs to get bigger before they even consider playing him. A RS year will do everyone well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviewing the class thus far it's hard to not get excited about the DBs coming in. Buford is a rangy athlete with speed. Ditto for Johnson and Alonzo Craighton and Ace Rogers. Craighton in particular looks like a physical player. Antonio Shenault is a physical player with good instincts. He reminds me of BBC. This group could be special.

Bryce Witham looks underrated. Shannon Brooks will be a good one. I'm excited to see how Johanesson and Beebe fits. This class is full of "football players". Maybe unspectacular but effective with a chip on the shoulder. That's a great recipe.

Obviously the linemen need to develop but Quinn Oselund and Tyler Moore impress. Mose needs a lot of coaching before he'll be ready but you've got to trust the coaches. They've been after him for awhile.

Go get 'em Jerry.

Reviewing the class thus far it's hard to not get excited about the DBs coming in. Buford is a rangy athlete with speed. Ditto for Johnson and Alonzo Craighton and Ace Rogers. Craighton in particular looks like a physical player. Antonio Shenault is a physical player with good instincts. He reminds me of BBC. This group could be special.

Bryce Witham looks underrated. Shannon Brooks will be a good one. I'm excited to see how Johanesson and Beebe fits. This class is full of "football players". Maybe unspectacular but effective with a chip on the shoulder. That's a great recipe.

Obviously the linemen need to develop but Quinn Oselund and Tyler Moore impress. Mose needs a lot of coaching before he'll be ready but you've got to trust the coaches. They've been after him for awhile.

Go get 'em Jerry.

My worry is we're fairly strong in the secondary (knowing we have two senior corners next year). We need more defensive lineman (big time) and better linebackers. And that's just defense. So it's great to know other teams won't be throwing for 500 yards on us, but that's not going to beat Wisconsin.

My worry is we're fairly strong in the secondary (knowing we have two senior corners next year). We need more defensive lineman (big time) and better linebackers. And that's just defense. So it's great to know other teams won't be throwing for 500 yards on us, but that's not going to beat Wisconsin.

Agree 100%. I think Celestin is going to be a good one. We have some starters coming back that "should" be better this year. The DL is a big question mark with some talented young kids, some average joes, and some unknowns. I'm not sure Mose will be ready for awhile. He looks like a project to me. I'm still upset about the miss on Hinojosa. I've got to believe off the field issues torpedoed his career. He had some talent on the field. So did our WR recruits that flamed out last few years. **** happens.

Edit. I forgot about Rallis and Wipson. If they can round into form they are the next gen along with Celestin. I'm sure LB will be a recruiting priority. Also, Dixon and Laster.

Even though he himself tweeted a picture of the scale reading 200 lbs? No wonder you have issues.

Guess I don't follow him on Twitter. Doesn't really matter as your choice of a line to quote had nothing to do with my point. Great response, thanks UU.

O.K. I'll use your entire quote.

He is 6'6" tho. 200 is only part of the size equation. Also, was listed at 180 to start the year so I'm not so sure he is at 200 yet. Either way, just opinion that he needs to get bigger before they even consider playing him. A RS year will do everyone well.

So, can you tell me how your quote was not about his current weight?

Also, the entire reason people started bring up Croft this late in this thread was the picture posted here from his twitter account. That same picture shows up at least 2 more times in subsequent posts when used as a quote from the original post about Croft.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy to move the goalpost and say that you were discussing a redshirt year, which is already a given.

O.K. I'll use your entire quote.

So, can you tell me how your quote was not about his current weight?

Also, the entire reason people started bring up Croft this late in this thread was the picture posted here from his twitter account. That same picture shows up at least 2 more times in subsequent posts when used as a quote from the original post about Croft.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy to move the goalpost and say that you were discussing a redshirt year, which is already a given.

So my point was that he needs to put on weight and will RS. Move the goalpost? Those were my exact words. I'm not even sure what you are worked up about. At 6'6" he needs to put on weight. WTH are you after here UU?

Milan's mom likes Illinois for obvious reasons.
His top 3 appear to be Minnesota, Illinois & Indiana. Beckman & Wilson will be on the hot seat once again. I still like the chances that Milan ends up in maroon and gold.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Sorry if this has already been asked. What happened to McKinley Whitfield? Are we still hoping he flips from Tulsa? Will this class be 26 then?

Go Gophers!!

Is it possible that wdiii could be a gray shirt?

Top Bottom