Official 2015 Gophers Football Signing Day Thread! Real-Time Updates, Tweets etc

Whitfield has not signed with Tulsa yet and according to 247 the Gophers are still trying to flip him.

Update-recap

Whitfield has not signed with Tulsa yet and according to 247 the Gophers are still trying to flip him.

Did all of the guys who Rivals thought were verbals sign today for the Gophers? Did we lose anybody? Anybody flip?

Did we pick up a surprise signing?

Who is left? Milan went to Illinois. Others on fence or gone?

Did all of the guys who Rivals thought were verbals sign today for the Gophers? Did we lose anybody? Anybody flip?

Yes, everyone has signed and nobody flipped. The only one still up in the air is Mckinley Whitfield. Sounds like he is still trying to decide. No other surprises.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

All verbals signed. No surprises, yet. Of the previous mentioned, Whitfield and Smiley have not signed yet.

Brooks' Golden As He Signs With The Gophers

Shannon is the first player in Dragons history to sign a full scholarship to the Big10. Brooks verbally committed to Minnesota on September 11th, 2014 and waited the nearly five months to put pen to paper. After the signing and the picture taking, i was able to briefly chat with the newest member of the Golden Gopher family.

I first asked Shannon what it felt like to finally put his signature on that scholarship:

"It feels really good. Just reminds me of how blessed I am."

I then asked Shannon what were some of the determining factors that led him to sign with Minnesota (had offers from Buffalo, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Furman, Georgia Tech, & Kennesaw State).

"The people and the coaching staff. When I went up there the first time I just felt at home and I knew that's the place where I wanted to be."

http://pickens.fetchyournews.com/archives/5214-Brooks-Golden-As-He-Signs-With-The-Gophers.html

Go Gophers!!

All verbals signed. No surprises, yet. Of the previous mentioned, Whitfield and Smiley have not signed yet.

Looks like Smiley signed with Troy:

Yes, everyone has signed and nobody flipped. The only one still up in the air is Mckinley Whitfield. Sounds like he is still trying to decide. No other surprises.

Thanks Jaymil... with the 2's we dropped to 50 on Rivals and Michigan is up to 60 with half the guys. But, I think we got a lot of guys who fit for us and we kept our guys we recruited. That sets a tone too.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Big Time player, nice get by Coach Kill RT .<a href="https://twitter.com/GopherGridiron">@GopherGridiron</a>:

Welcome, Demry! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NSD15?src=hash">#NSD15</a> <a href="http://t.co/bLV2QBBnZw">pic.twitter.com/bLV2QBBnZw</a></p>— petenajarian (@petenajarian) <a href="https://twitter.com/petenajarian/status/562979261334953984">February 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

+1
"As quarterback recruits go, Croft is a relative late bloomer. He didn’t make his first varsity start at QB until the third game of his junior season." This is exactly where you find college athletes. I love it.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

My bad for scheduling a training session on this day!

GopherSports:
We are now joined with recruiting coordinator Billy Glasscock. The man who makes everything happen. Send your questions in and learn how the process of recruiting works.

Comment From Kent
Will you still look for any late qualifiers or guys to sign late like David Cobb and Cedric Thompson?

GopherSports:
BG: Absolutely. Sometimes you will find some of the best players after signing day.

Comment From Tim
My question: Are you noticing any benefit from the Vikes playing at TCF in recruiting??

GopherSports:
BG: Yes. There is exposure for the University during Sunday games. A lot of the NFL players commented about how nice the stadium is - much nicer then the stadiums have played in and we can use that in recruiting.

Comment From chester
How do you find out about potential recruits in states far away, such as Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Florida?

GopherSports:
BG: We put a lot of time in research, watch a lot of film and have great connections in a lot of different states.

Comment From J
How good of a recruiting class do you think you have this year?

GopherSports:
BG: This is a very good class. We feel very good about how they fit in with our current group of guys. This could be the most talented offensive class we have put together, but like the entire class. Everyone is very athletic and everyone can run really well.

Comment From Tom
What do you think is the most undervalued trait (physical or mental) in a potential recruit?

GopherSports:
BG: Mental gets undervalued the most, but is probably the most important. That is why we put a lot of emphasis into the mental aspect of recruiting.

Comment From CAS
I'm from MD. I know he will play defense, but how did the staff get Winston Delattiboudere? Awesome recruit. Best in state. And he will grow, given his age.

GopherSports:
BG: We always take a second look at accomplished players who do not have a lot of offers. We felt like Winston was an athletic fit for us. He visited and loved Minnesota and we are excited he is a Gopher.

Comment From Fargopher
congrats on the award from Lemming. that must mean something coming from him. keep up the great work! proud to be a fan!

GopherSports:
BG: Thanks! It was a great honor to be recognized by Tom. He is a great person and great at what he does.

Comment From NC Goph fan
How much extra effort is put into the process looking for more players after you get your "committed" recruits signed today?

GopherSports:
BG: Our job doesn't stop after today and doesn't really slow down. We will meet this afternoon on the 2016 class, but are always looking for players to sign after today. Just look at Cedric Thompson and David Cobb.

Comment From J
I have to ask how do you get these guys to come here do you have any tricks or anything like that?

GopherSports:
BG: We strive to personalize each visit and make them as memorable as possible. From the beginning to the end, we always tell them exactly what is going on. We don't use any gimmicks.

Comment From Big Shakes
Mr. Billy Glasscock - how does it feel to have the best name in all of college football? Also, who is your favorite member of the recruiting staff?

GopherSports:
BG: I have always been proud of last name. I do not have any favorites, as they are all good at their job. However, John Schaekel has been with us for four years and does a great job.

Comment From Karl P
What's the number one thing you sell recruits on?

GopherSports:
BG: Our coaching staff and life after football. The opportunities that you will have when you get your degree from Minnesota.

Comment From CAS
How do you respond when a recruit asks, "Can you promise that I will play?" or "When will I be able to play?" Does MN lose any recruits because you do not make promises?

GopherSports:
BG: We will never promise playing time. That has to be earned. That is why it is important to recruit kids who want to be Gophers.

Comment From Gophergirl
How do you convince the recruits from the southern states to come here and play in the cold?

GopherSports:
BG: We cannot control the weather, but one of things we tell recruits is that if they want to play in the NFL they have to be able to play in the cold.

Comment From Harlan
What is the acceptance of admission form that some players sign?

GopherSports:
BG: That is the preferred walk-on agreement.

Comment From Guest
During the individual's recruiting process, do you look to get in touch with anyone besides the football coach to get a better idea of who the athlete is outside of football? i.e. their strength and conditioning coach or a basketball coach etc.?

GopherSports:
BG: During the contact period, we will talk to anyone who is involved with a potential Gopher.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

30 kids signed up and ready to go. Ski-U-Mah!

Who did we fill in with when we didn't get those last guys we were waiting on????

Top Bottom