Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

again, he committed to Indiana….so whether he wrestles at 120# or as a heavyweight, do we really care anymore?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Safe to say I hate Iowa and they have the ugliest basketball team</p>— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KNARFWONGAR/statuses/424995525125890048">January 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is Frank being cryptic and giving us a hint here? Because we hate Iowa too. . .

JK

Mims committed to Western Kentucky today. I thought he was basically a lock to MN and had a commitable offer, but maybe that wasn't the case.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Committed to play football at Western Kentucky University! ??</p>— Martavius Mims 1⃣3⃣ (@Mims_NotHot) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mims_NotHot/statuses/424995497615839232">January 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

He did have an offer, distance was always an issue for him. He took the visit to WK with his cousin who also committed to WK. Distance + family, we move on to Campbell & maybe Porter now.

Not excited that we lost a recruit to both IU and WKU today.

No B1G team would lose someone to Western Kentucky.

Worst take ever. It may not be everyone's dream to play in the B1G and some kids may find other things (location, family, school, friends, certain girls, weather, PT, etc., etc.) than the prestige of a conference important.

Rashad Canty appears to have uncommitted to Appalachian St. after his visit to Wake Forest…but doesn't seem to have committed to Wake Forest...

again, he committed to Indiana….so whether he wrestles at 120# or as a heavyweight, do we really care anymore?

What a strange post!

There was 1 comment about his wrestling weight post-finding out about his Indiana commitment. It was 2 minutes after the post about him committing to Indiana, so maybe, just maybe, it was being written before the other post was up?

Furthermore, it's a relatively interested discussion (for some of us) about how wrestling weights translate to football player weights.

Lastly, yes, yes it would be interesting if Indiana signed a 120 lbs DE, I would still care.

Worst take ever. It may not be everyone's dream to play in the B1G and some kids may find other things (location, family, school, friends, certain girls, weather, PT, etc., etc.) than the prestige of a conference important.

It hardly ever happens.

Rashad Canty appears to have uncommitted to Appalachian St. after his visit to Wake Forest…but doesn't seem to have committed to Wake Forest...
It sounds like the Gophers have cooled on him for some reason. Watching his film, I'm not quite sure why, he looks pretty good to me. I heard Vandy was showing some interest too, at least they were until James Franklin left.

Was Mims the second option behind Craig James? Does this mean a James commitment is coming soon?

Was Mims the second option behind Craig James? Does this mean a James commitment is coming soon?
I'm quite certain we're going to take more than two defensive backs, so I don't think Mims' offer was dependent on anything. I think he just chose Western Kentucky over us.

Now, is Craig James a silent? I sure hope so.

On a separate note, Cortez Lewis firmed up his commitment to Wake Forest. I was never terribly concerned about him, but his teamate Demetrius is still technically on the fence, and that's not a great sign.

Does Scales know IU is going to be in the same division as Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State?

Does Scales know IU is going to be in the same division as Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State?

And? so you're saying IU will have no chance at being relevant because of those other teams? that shouldn't be a factor in his decision and anyways if you camp play for the best then you play against the best.

Curious if his visit to the U next weekend is still on? If so, I wouldn't count us out of this yet.

I feel like the Walrus answering my own posts with a post, but it sounds like Scales has cancelled his visit here next weekend and is done with recruiting.

I was hoping this staff would make a little more progress on the recruiting front by year 4 (3rd full class) than they appear to be. A lot of factors at play, but you can only find so many diamonds in the rough.

It sounds like the Gophers have cooled on him for some reason. Watching his film, I'm not quite sure why, he looks pretty good to me. I heard Vandy was showing some interest too, at least they were until James Franklin left.

I thought he looked kinda slow imo.

I was hoping this staff would make a little more progress on the recruiting front by year 4 (3rd full class) than they appear to be. A lot of factors at play, but you can only find so many diamonds in the rough.

Hold this post for 16-days, will ya? We lost a couple, but if we get Jones, Holland, and Ragnow all to commit here then your post will look quite silly. If all 3 go elsewhere, then.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2014 B1G Recruiting Update <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> 13 Commits so far. National Rankings Scout 65, Rivals 72, 24/7 - 66</p>— Gerry DiNardo (@gerrydinardo) <a href="https://twitter.com/gerrydinardo/statuses/425274623203106816">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

Hold this post for 16-days, will ya? We lost a couple, but if we get Jones, Holland, and Ragnow all to commit here then your post will look quite silly. If all 3 go elsewhere, then.....

even with Jeff Jones this class still ranks last in the big ten by some and we already lost out on Scales

even with Jeff Jones this class still ranks last in the big ten by some and we already lost out on Scales

Some of that has to do with numbers -

Rutgers - 23 commits
Wisconsin - 24 commits
Nebraska - 18 Commits
Penn State - 20 Commits
Indiana - 21 Commits
Michigan Sate - 20 Commits
Gophers - 13 Commits

etc...

Top Bottom