Official 2012 Gopher Spring Camp Thread: Updates, Analysis, Links, etc.

Wow. Gray, Kirkwood, Wright, Moulton, and Barker looked possessed. Nice throw by Nelson. I'm getting rather giddy.

Right? Watching all of these videos is just killing me. I cannot wait for next year, it will be a fun one.

gophs11 said:
Right? Watching all of these videos is just killing me. I cannot wait for next year, it will be a fun one.
What about this year?

It was a good night. Wind was swirling and the rain held off to the very end.

RaleighGopher (my 12-year old Gopher in Training) really relished getting autographs from Marqueis and the Olsons...all three next to Erik Decker's sig. She thinks that the players "are really big and could hurt you (as she was almost involved in play that went sideline than downfield) ...but they're really nice."

On her the last point there's no doubt that some very fine young men play college sports.

Looking forward to next Saturday. Should be a good show.

On a more somber note, safe travels to the team.

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!

Just a heads up on tomorrow's practice, via the U: Coach Kill has announced that Tuesday's practice will take place at TCF Bank Stadium. Practice is still slated to begin at 3:15 p.m. and is still open to the public.

Sometimes timing is everything. I think the coaches looked at this kid's HS frame and growth pattern and thought "wow"...

And then there's Ekpe, who between the time he arrived in Minnesota in January and the beginning of spring practice in late March added nearly 30 pounds to his already 248-pound frame. Enrolling early provides players with early access to top-notch trainers and weight programs, to nutritional tips and advice that might not be had in a high school gym.

"He is eating and growing and right in front of our eyes," Kill said of Ekpe. "We told his mother to take a picture, because you knew he was going to grow."

Saturday's Coming.

Go Gophers!!

As a former DB and a DB at heart.. This is another position I'm excited to watch this Spring Game/season. Last year we saw too many DBs (young and inexperienced) give up too early on plays (especially the broken down plays where our DL make opposing QBs looks like Tarkenton). I thought they looked solid in the 2nd half of the USC game but the wheels fell off until late in the season. I hope the new JUCOs will be huge help and the experience gained from last year's young guys will pay off.

I know people like to get ahead of themselves around here, so I'll just say it...what do you think our chances of signing Gray's twins in 2030 are?

I have to admit, I thought of this as well. It was the first time I had read that they were boys, and I couldn't have been more excited. Obviously, this is all done with my tongue in my cheek but it's fun to think about. Best of luck to Gray's family regardless of how it turns out...

FYI - They are talking persistent RAIN tomorrow during he game.

Is KFAN covering the spring game again this year?

Top Bottom