Official 2012 Gopher Spring Camp Thread: Updates, Analysis, Links, etc.

The purpose of this message string is to compile stories and provide links for ease of use. Why would I come here otherwise when I could just "google" Gopher football stories.

I think its the correct thing to do. Why are the 2 biggest tools on this board from Bayfield and Madison? (Oh and save yourself the time of typing your loyalty bio. I get it. You born in MN or graduated UM Band member. whatever) Be nicer. The more new members the better.

Give Bayfield some slack. He has been a long and strong supporter of the Gopher football program and this site and is also a season ticket holder. He later clarified that he was reacting to how some people here were too lazy to look up something. He then apologized for his comment. There was no reason for that kind of reaction to Bayfields's comment.

Let Bayfield alone or you will have to go thru me. I know that scares you.

Give Bayfield some slack. He has been a long and strong supporter of the Gopher football program and this site and is also a season ticket holder. He later clarified that he was reacting to how some people here were too lazy to look up something. He then apologized for his comment. There was no reason for that kind of reaction to Bayfields's comment.

+1

I disagree. To get any sort of cred or respect, it's noted that you give it. That said, the link in question was ultimately given, so I don't know why there's still heat.

It's a little offtopic, but 3 of our trophies made it into the trailer promoting EA NCAA Football '13. Also the new uniforms are there! Sadly, we are shown on the losing end of 2 trophy games, but we win the Axe. (Cue WI fans saying a video game is the only way Gophers get to win it.)

Enjoy...

Finally they added the trophy celebration... Too bad A) our jerseys aren't purple like the video shows and B) I stopped playing EA Sports titles (the gameplay on Madden/NCAA Football is horrible and they have ignored huge glaring issues the past 3 years).

The purpose of this message string is to compile stories and provide links for ease of use. Why would I come here otherwise when I could just "google" Gopher football stories.

I think its the correct thing to do. Why are the 2 biggest tools on this board from Bayfield and Madison? (Oh and save yourself the time of typing your loyalty bio. I get it. You born in MN or graduated UM Band member. whatever) Be nicer. The more new members the better.

I think you are leaving one major tool out of the competition.....maybe look in a mirror sometime.

I hope we are improved enough so that we can beat the New Mexico State's of the world!

Go Gophers!

Any idea if today's events impact tomorrow's practice? I was thinking about heading down.

Trying to get back to "normal".

Gophers reach second stage of mourning for Tinsley

Practice report: Professors loved Tinsley, too

Minnesota Gophers use strength in numbers to grieve Gary Tinsley's death

Practice Photos

Now that things have progressed a little, I want to say how much better I feel, especially in how things have been handled by the U and Coach Kill.

Not to diminish Gary Tinsley's impact on this team and to the program--I think that the timing of this event actually has helped his teammates and the staff recover (if you can ever recover 100%) more quickly. If Tinsley had died during last season, or died during training camp next fall (obviously not at the U), or was even still an underclassman, I think the impact would have been far more profound and devastating. From a purely clinical aspect, bear with me, this was the time for something like this to happen.

These are young men, and young men recover quickly. Fall camp is still nearly four months away. I think they will use this experience to become even closer, and will honor Gary Tinsley with their play.

Please don't get upset by these comments. I'm just as torn up and anyone about what transpired. You never want these things to happen--but they do. Sometimes the timing is just as important as the event.

Trying to get back to "normal".

Gophers reach second stage of mourning for Tinsley

Practice Photos

Now that things have progressed a little, I want to say how much better I feel, especially in how things have been handled by the U and Coach Kill.

Not to diminish Gary Tinsley's impact on this team and to the program--I think that the timing of this event actually has helped his teammates and the staff recover (if you can ever recover 100%) more quickly. If Tinsley had died during last season, or died during training camp next fall (obviously not at the U), or was even still an underclassman, I think the impact would have been far more profound and devastating. From a purely clinical aspect, bear with me, this was the time for something like this to happen.

These are young men, and young men recover quickly. Fall camp is still nearly four months away. I think they will use this experience to become even closer, and will honor Gary Tinsley with their play.

Please don't get upset by these comments. I'm just as torn up and anyone about what transpired. You never want these things to happen--but they do. Sometimes the timing is just as important as the event.

It's just as any other adversity in life- what matters is how your respond. Do you let it continue to bring you down or does it inspire you to become better. Hearing how Tinsley learned from his earlier mistakes has inspired me to be a better person. I hope he has a similar effect on the team and everyone else who know him.

This defensive line group is really interesting.

Obviously Hageman is the most important piece, but other than that there is a lot of competition.

Wilhite, Perry, Amafula (spelling?), Cockran . . . they all are relatively similar kind of players who seem to fit Kill's scheme (athletic and get up field). It'll be interesting to see who emerges from that group.

- - On a side note, I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be and how improved of a defense we would have if one of the "forgotten" players (no offense to them), emerges here at the end of their careers. If Michael Carter puts it all together and emerges as one of our best 3 CBs, if Matt Garin can figure it out here in the next couple years and get into the mix at DE. These are guys who probably haven't lived up to what we (or them) had hoped, but Carter seems to be doing a lot of things right and Matt Garin still has a couple years left.

Is Cobb's knee injury serious? There was a comment on another board about it being an ACL and his twitter says something about it as well.

Is Cobb's knee injury serious? There was a comment on another board about it being an ACL and his twitter says something about it as well.

Nate Sandell just tweeted:

RB David Cobb is the newest addition to the injury list. He tweaked his left knee in practice Tues & may be out for the rest of the spring.

Kill said the injury was similar to the one TE John Rabe suffered last season. Surgery isn't expected to be necessary.

My notes from Thursdays practice--was a gorgeous day at sun splashed TCF stadium. I guess i get as much fun observing people on the sidelines as i do watching practice. Just as I entered the stadium someone came up to me and shook hands and started talking. It was the wide receivers coach. We must have talked five minutes about the receivers and he was a very friendly guy. Of course he was taking serious notes while we talked regarding all my suggestions *wink*.
I thought Gray looked excellent. I saw a placekicker and punter doing horribly but i guess i cant comment on any names.
Along the sidelines I also saw former all american Doug Kingsriter. I saw Paul Ramseth of redwood falls who was undoubtedly the only guy there who ever played for the gophers in a rose bowl. Mrs Kill had a sweet hello for me. AND I met Wrens brother who lives in the cities. Hi to him and doesnt that just top it all off.

Florida QB Set to Visit Gophers

Scout: As the Gophers take practice at TCF Bank Stadium on Friday, they will play host to Boone (Fla.) quarterback Alton Meeks. Go Inside to see what Meeks has to say about his upcoming visit.

Top Bottom