Northwestern Fires Pat Fitzgerald

My Jerry was for the previous post that mentioned PSU’s Gary Sandusky. Your point total has been reduced.
In fairness, you mention Jerry and/or Rebecca like every other day.

Ben Crumb (FIFY) Crump, what a name for a lawyer. He will pick the crumbs from this case and put in in the bank.

Last edited:

Evidentally Skip turned them down too. Coach O was mentioned early on. They have hired a D Coord that was the same at E. Washington last year.

Ben Crumb, what a name for a lawyer. He will pick the crumbs from this case and put in in the bank.
I cant tell if this misspelling was intentional or not.

If only Pat Fitzgerald and the AD put a stop to hazing with an official statement ahead of their plan to showcase Pat Fitzerald's accomplishment, will he still be the Northwestern head coach?

Did the investigations trigger malcontents and players feeling violated by hazing to come out after realizing they have an opportunity to get money for their pain and suffering?

Glen Mason is an upright coach. He got rid of hazing because it does not reflect the value of respect for every player. It is counter to everything the u stands for. Kudos to Glen Mason!

If only Pat Fitzgerald and the AD put a stop to hazing with an official statement ahead of their plan to showcase Pat Fitzerald's accomplishment, will he still be the Northwestern head coach?

Did the investigations trigger malcontents and players feeling violated by hazing to come out after realizing they have an opportunity to get money for their pain and suffering?

Glen Mason is an upright coach. He got rid of hazing because it does not reflect the value of respect for every player. It is counter to everything the u stands for. Kudos to Glen Mason!
Really? Counter? All for alma mater.

Playing NW without Fitzgerald is going to seem so weird.

We (the boys) had to swim naked in middle school phy-ed. If we acted up, the gym teacher would make us stand on the diving blocks in the deep end, bend over, touch our toes, and he would then smack us in the ass with a styrofoam kickboard. That forced us to dive in, and when we came up, our classmates would be cheering and jeering us. I guess it was a form of deterrent to not screw around. Was I hazed? More importantly, can I sue?

We (the boys) had to swim naked in middle school phy-ed. If we acted up, the gym teacher would make us stand on the diving blocks in the deep end, bend over, touch our toes, and he would then smack us in the ass with a styrofoam kickboard. That forced us to dive in, and when we came up, our classmates would be cheering and jeering us. I guess it was a form of deterrent to not screw around. Was I hazed? More importantly, can I sue?
Is this real? What decade?

Would you be upset if PJ hired Pat Fitzgerald as an asst coach?
I think anyone who says anything other than “we need to learn more before deciding on that” is kidding themselves

“We need to learn more” but probably not. Hankwitz ran that d. Fitzgerald was more involved in the (incompetent) offense. So not sure he would add much other than baggage. But not offended.

Why not? We have to keep those lawyers employed. The US leads the world in the number of lawyers (1 for every 250 people) compared to Japan (1 for every 4,000 people).

And now volleyball is a part of this!

Ex-Northwestern volleyballer suing over response to hazing

This doesn't sound good - the last quote, oh my.

In early March of that year, according to the lawsuit, Davis told his team's captains to pick a "punishment" for the player. The captains made the player "run suicide" sprints that included diving to the ground at each line on the gymnasium floor while her teammates and coaches watched. She said she was injured and required medical attention after completing the sprints.

The following day, Northwestern opened an investigation into hazing within the program, according to the lawsuit. Yates told ESPN on Monday that the school investigated and "confirmed that hazing had taken place."

In early March of that year, according to the lawsuit, Davis told his team's captains to pick a "punishment" for the player. The captains made the player "run suicide" sprints that included diving to the ground at each line on the gymnasium floor while her teammates and coaches watched. She said she was injured and required medical attention after completing the sprints.

The following day, Northwestern opened an investigation into hazing within the program, according to the lawsuit. Yates told ESPN on Monday that the school investigated and "confirmed that hazing had taken place."
They also said on the radio today that softball and cheerleading are included too and if you go back to 2006 then women's soccer.

Where does Fitz find the time to haze all these people?!?!?

Honestly sounds like pedophile shit. That's terrible.

Top Bottom