Northwestern Fires Pat Fitzgerald

In the stories it was upperclassmen doing it. It could be most, if not all, of the culprits are already gone

It could be they are but they aren’t announcing it.

Many “could’s” in this story.

As a younger person one of the best if not the best piece of advice I was given was this: people can only treat you as badly as you allow them to.

Sexual assault and hazing are serious crimes in Illinois. Is it interesting the only retribution these assaulted, humiliated players want is money from the school for most, or a fired coach in the case of at least one disgruntled player. I don’t know. Maybe a real investigation would be more enlightening for us in the peanut gallery.

As a younger person one of the best if not the best piece of advice I was given was this: people can only treat you as badly as you allow them to.

Sexual assault and hazing are serious crimes in Illinois. Is it interesting the only retribution these assaulted, humiliated players want is money from the school for most, or a fired coach in the case of at least one disgruntled player. I don’t know. Maybe a real investigation would be more enlightening for us in the peanut gallery.
Boy, when you decide to ride a bad take into the dirt, you don't stop. I'll give you that.
You've never even come off your initial "nothing will happen to Fitz" stance.
Remarkable lack of insight. Breathtaking.

Maybe there is a real investigation going on

Maybe there isn’t any hazing and Fitzgerald is such a terrible coach they just used this to get rid of him.

Boy, when you decide to ride a bad take into the dirt, you don't stop. I'll give you that.
You've never even come off your initial "nothing will happen to Fitz" stance.
Remarkable lack of insight. Breathtaking.

Boy, you have a talent for making things up. My stance has always been you nor I have any idea of what actually went down. Worlds apart from your straw man.

You are, sadly, really bad at this.

Maybe there is a real investigation going on

Maybe there isn’t any hazing and Fitzgerald is such a terrible coach they just used this to get rid of him.

I think the t-shirts, coach’s reaction, the players statements, the low number of portal transfers indicate what the staff and current team think of the peanut gallery’s assessment in the media, on the internet of what down. Gragg to date hasn't fired Braun for his staff’s display of disrespect for the Northwestern administration. Interesting.

We don’t know what we don’t know. There was probably hazing but to what extent, frequency, and was it “common knowledge” and should have been known as was said used for termination. Coach-organized and orchestrated sexual assault per the transferred QB, sporadic ass-grabbing activites, or freshman singing the team song, or a spectrum of hazing in between. Many teams have activities that could probably be called hazing by a strict definition,

Boy, you have a talent for making things up. My stance has always been you nor I have any idea of what actually went down. Worlds apart from your straw man.

You are, sadly, really bad at this.
NOW you back away??

You have approximately 4600 posts in this thread stating nothing happened and nothing would, or should, happen to Fitz.

NOW you back away??

You have approximately 4600 posts in this thread stating nothing happened and nothing would, or should, happen to Fitz.

Ok, go ahead and post where I stated nothing would happen to Fitzgerald or I stated nothing happened at Northwestern. Absolute BS on your part.

You’ve been following me around on this thread making up things. Why? I don’t understand the anger and vitriol. Sorry. You don’t know what happened. Neither do I. End of story.

I think the t-shirts, coach’s reaction, the players statements, the low number of portal transfers indicate what the staff and current team think of the peanut gallery’s assessment in the media, on the internet of what down. Gragg to date hasn't fired Braun for his staff’s display of disrespect for the Northwestern administration. Interesting.

We don’t know what we don’t know. There was probably hazing but to what extent, frequency, and was it “common knowledge” and should have been known as was said used for termination. Coach-organized and orchestrated sexual assault per the transferred QB, sporadic ass-grabbing activites, or freshman singing the team song, or a spectrum of hazing in between. Many teams have activities that could probably be called hazing by a strict definition,
Gragg is in a bad spot to replace Braun. And he already tried. Gonna have to ride with him until December.

Gragg is in a bad spot to replace Braun. And he already tried. Gonna have to ride with him until December.
This. Same as minimal players will leave now as there’s very little shot they’re going to get a roster spot elsewhere

It could be that Northwestern is an absolute fucking joke with zero leadership or coherent direction from the President on down. I think the evidence supports that theory pretty strongly.

I’m not sure what principle(s) they are/were following, or if they have any. Seems like they decided on the worst way to deal with this every step of the way. The time for transparency, doing the right thing in a fair way for all parties including players and staff has passed; now it is in the hands of the attorneys which could stretch on for a long, long time and may never reach the light of day.

Announced today that he will be a volunteer coach at Loyola Academy this season.

Skip Holtz in as some sort of special assistant to the head coach or some verbiage like that.

Such a clusterf*** over in Evanston

Not sure these players saying this changes the situation at all.
Bad PR for sure

Bad PR for sure
I agree it changes nothing. It’s signed by people who go all the way back to prior to Fitz being a coach there. However circulating the comments "left a welcome mat out for the weaponization of sexual harassment, hazing, and racism allegations" is not an incredibly wise line from the writers. again it further digs a hole for the entire University and getting out of will become worse and worse (aka cost them more and more money). It feels like the only things that have been released from anyone affiliated with NU (both current leadership and past affiliates/players) have made things worse which is quite impressive

You are correct so it’s pretty odd how sure you are about everything else in your post

I agree it changes nothing. It’s signed by people who go all the way back to prior to Fitz being a coach there. However circulating the comments "left a welcome mat out for the weaponization of sexual harassment, hazing, and racism allegations" is not an incredibly wise line from the writers. again it further digs a hole for the entire University and getting out of will become worse and worse (aka cost them more and more money). It feels like the only things that have been released from anyone affiliated with NU (both current leadership and past affiliates/players) have made things worse which is quite impressive
Hard for someone to make things better in a scandal

USAF can cyberbully these guys for defending systemic hazing.

Bad PR for sure

Their mistake is assuming due process will be delivered at university, particularly Northwestern. Due process will be the legal process which is currently unfolding. Maybe one or both sides have things to hide. Actually, we know one side is actively hiding the report so that’s one data point, the significance of which is unknown.

The lawsuits started coming fast and furious after the university took their wallet out. I think there is some correlation there. Whether Northwestern always dispenses old west justice for every disciplinary defendant ( of which there are still none we’re aware of in this episode) is open to question.

The lawsuits started coming fast and furious after the university took their wallet out. I think there is some correlation there. Whether Northwestern always dispenses old west justice for every disciplinary defendant ( of which there are still none we’re aware of in this episode) is open to question.
Not here to decide the merits of each allegation as we weren’t there or know the facts, but making broad strokes statements that characterize any of the people stating allegations of the above make you come across as tone deaf and in no way make your own claims that he was ousted without due process stronger. Just poor and clunky phrasing, particularly in this era of how we approach these claims (not going to argue either side, just stating what I’d envision the optics to be)

Their mistake is assuming due process will be delivered at university, particularly Northwestern. Due process will be the legal process which is currently unfolding. Maybe one or both sides have things to hide. Actually, we know one side is actively hiding the report so that’s one data point, the significance of which is unknown.
You’re making a lot of assumptions again in this post. Is my point. For all we know Northwestern intends on paying Pat Fitzgerald his whole buyout.

In a surprising show of loyalty, only three NWern players appear to have entered the transfer portal after Fitz got bounced. They landed well: Ohio State, Florida State and Auburn. Assume they will be missed and hard, at this late date, to replace. Tough year for the Wildcats coming up.

You’re making a lot of assumptions again in this post. Is my point. For all we know Northwestern intends on paying Pat Fitzgerald his whole buyout.

Well, I guess I disagree I’m making any solid assumptions. There are in fact legal operations ongoing, the details of which we don’t know. We know Northwestern refuses to release the preliminary investigation performed by their hired law firm. We don’t know why but we can guess at various reasons, privacy concern or others but with that crew who knows.

Is it a bit odd calling me out for making assumptions, given the company I’m in in this thread. Would you say I’m the only party making assumptions? Maybe an anonymous poll

Well, I guess I disagree I’m making any solid assumptions. There are in fact legal operations ongoing, the details of which we don’t know. We know Northwestern refuses to release the preliminary investigation performed by their hired law firm. We don’t know why but we can guess at various reasons, privacy concern or others but with that crew who knows.

Is it a bit odd calling me out for making assumptions, given the company I’m in in this thread. Would you say I’m the only party making assumptions? Maybe an anonymous poll
You’re pretty funny that you say you aren’t making any assumptions and then proceed to list about 3 things that are speculation

Top Bottom