Northwestern Fires Pat Fitzgerald

Radio here is disemboweling NW.

Braun talks a prepared speech that covers 11 of the 15 min alotted. Mentions the greatness of Fitz in the first 10 seconds. Talks about the adversity that the current players are going through(not that it was self inflicted) and that they will overcome it. Radio guys go on the NU website and notice that Fitz is still listed on there with his bio.

I wasn't the person who reported "men's swim class in Cooke Hall was nude swimming". I'm assuming that "men" in this comment is in regard to gender, hence the reason I used gender in my post. Nice try tho :)

I wasn't the person who reported "men's swim class in Cooke Hall was nude swimming". I'm assuming that "men" in this comment is in regard to gender, hence the reason I used gender in my post. Nice try tho :)
Dude, it’s funny!

No, it's lame just like all the lame gender ish that society is pushing these days

We (the boys) had to swim naked in middle school phy-ed. If we acted up, the gym teacher would make us stand on the diving blocks in the deep end, bend over, touch our toes, and he would then smack us in the ass with a styrofoam kickboard. That forced us to dive in, and when we came up, our classmates would be cheering and jeering us. I guess it was a form of deterrent to not screw around. Was I hazed? More importantly, can I sue?
Honestly sounds like pedophile shit. That's terrible.
Yup. Early-mid 70's. Rochester. I know there were other districts at that time that also had this bizarre policy.

I'll second this. I experienced naked swimming at Robbinsdale Junior High when I went there in the post-bicentennial era. We even had an incident where the boys gym teacher miscommunicated with the girls gym teacher about whose class had time in the pool one day. I'll leave it to your imagination about the chaos that ensued. Ironically, I think swimsuits were required the next year week day and badminton was added as an alternative to swimming.

Last edited:

This comment is laughable

"If hardcore/widespread racism existed in the program, why would any Black/Latino recruit have come to Northwestern?" Hankwitz wrote. "Their hosts on their recruiting visits were our players, who were free to speak their minds."

Yes because no one has ever gotten a big load of shit on a recruiting trip, dinner, etc and then found out it’s not what you bargained for.

We will see what details come out or where the money flows (probably the latter), but his comments really change nothing

I'll second this. I experienced naked swimming at Robbinsdale Junior High when I went there in the post-bicentennial era. We even had an incident where the boys gym teacher miscommunicated with the girls gym teacher about whose class had time in the pool one day. I'll leave it to your imagination about the chaos that ensued. Ironically, I think swimsuits were required the next year week day and badminton was added as an alternative to swimming.
wow

even if you think he's innocent and you did no wrong, wearing the shirts is incredibly stupid. clearly going to be a dead man walking type season at NW as there's no way any of this group can come back (and it's probably going to make it harder to find a job after if you're going to thumb your nose at your admin)

even if you think he's innocent and you did no wrong, wearing the shirts is incredibly stupid. clearly going to be a dead man walking type season at NW as there's no way any of this group can come back (and it's probably going to make it harder to find a job after if you're going to thumb your nose at your admin)
Yeah. I would guess there is a massive exodus in late December

Didn't realize Braun was aware they were going to wear the shirts. amazing the lack of common sense/foresight

Didn't realize Braun was aware they were going to wear the shirts. amazing the lack of common sense/foresight
Not much leadership at Northwestern these days.

Much information out there. Now it's going to be an issue as to who is telling the truth and who isn't.

I’m certain the disciplinary hearings, criminal investigations of involved players will begin any day now.

Top Bottom