Northwestern Fires Pat Fitzgerald

Or wish they ran / outsourced a good investigation and listened to it… or didn’t override it or …. something.
Lol. That's a better way of putting it.

Talk about getting it from both ends...you've got to deal with Fitz's powerful trial attorney, while also dealing with Crump. Even the lawyers for Northwestern are probably updating their LinkedIn profiles....

Maybe @Bob_Loblaw can give us some insight into how ugly this can get, like do they have to worry about saying some things in their dealings with one attorney that would hurt them with the other attorney?

How many huge mistakes?
Lol, yeah, the graphic should have it spelled "mistake(s)" ;)

They better hope they somehow retain their jobs through this - who else would even hire these people to stock shelves at Walmart?

Someone who is more read up on this should tell me. Who hired Ben crump. Players on the side of Fitzgerald? Or players whore saying they’ve had damages done because of fitzgerald’s program

Someone who is more read up on this should tell me. Who hired Ben crump. Players on the side of Fitzgerald? Or players whore saying they’ve had damages done because of fitzgerald’s program
The latter.

The good news for northwestern,
It is probably isn’t a very high probability of needing to pay out both that party and Pat Fitzgerald (in full)
I don’t think they’re going to enjoy getting sued…

Universities are where da money is so it’s gonna get nuts! Crump!

The good news for northwestern,
It is probably isn’t a very high probability of needing to pay out both that party and Pat Fitzgerald (in full)
Radio guys had their lawyer guy come on and said that this could leave the individual members of the board liable and open to lawsuits.

Radio guys had their lawyer guy come on and said that this could leave the individual members of the board liable and open to lawsuits.
I highly doubt individual board members would be personally liable. There's D&O insurance to cover the board.

Or wish they ran / outsourced a good investigation and listened to it… or didn’t override it or …. something.
Non-Sequitur. Nice to see Minnesota vs Nebraska (8/31-7pm (Fox)) game on the header of the website.

4 of the players involved are going to have a press conference today.

One of NU’s 4-star freshman has already entered the portal, less than two months before the start of the season. Do we need an outside LB/safety? I wonder who’s going to take this kid a couple weeks before camps start?

Will be interesting to see how many players try and take advantage of the 30 day open window after a coach leaves to move somewhere else for this season. Assume a team taking them on would have to have space available under the 85 limit for the 2023 season which might make it tough for guys to find new homes this late in the process.

Will be interesting to see how many players try and take advantage of the 30 day open window after a coach leaves to move somewhere else for this season. Assume a team taking them on would have to have space available under the 85 limit for the 2023 season which might make it tough for guys to find new homes this late in the process.
For that reason I would guess a few leave now but expect a massive group to leave at the end of the season.

For that reason I would guess a few leave now but expect a massive group to leave at the end of the season.
Agree, I would expect the majority to ride it out this year and then jump ship once the season ends.

The Northwestern president and board have nicely boxed themselves. How large will the settlements be. First the lawyers came for Northwestern, and they did nothing..

…Maybe these players will point some fingers at their (criminal) tormentors? The school will open disciplinary proceedings? Rhetorical. Absolutely amazing happenings to the east.

Top Bottom