News on Shaka Smart

Breaking News..............Breaking News

Richmond Insider is obviously in the know.

My sister who is a nun at Notre Dame texted me that her daughter who works in a toll booth on the Indiana Pike just made change for a guy who looked like Howie Mandel in a purple VW which sported a VCU parking permit. She also stated that on the passenger seat was a copy of a book titled “Sid Hartmann’s Great Minnesota Sports Moments.

He simply didn't get it done here. The players weren't responding to his coaching. National media may see it as a dumb fire, but they also, like you, see MN as a perpetually mediocre bball program. Some of us have our aims set higher than that, Sid.

Mediocre is better than awful...face it Minnesota is not a blue blood of college basketball. Now stop bothering me and get off my lawn!

I just saw Mike Max in the Northstar Bldg but he was past me and up the escalator before I could blurt anything out about Shaka.

Everytime i refresh this thread and nothing new comes up, I immediatley go to the main page to see if some actual news came out.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/200282131.html

Is Mike Ellis the consigliere for Shaka Smart and others? One Richmond radio personality says yes

But even if Minnesota doesn’t get Smart, Burton noted that fans should calm down.

On Monday, Teague said that Minnesota wasn’t planning to hire a search firm because of the contacts they have internally.

“They are a search firm!” Burton said. “I feel bad for Gophers fans because I think they’re so fixated on Shaka. They’re going to get an exceptional basketball coach because Norwood and Mike are so connected. … The schools will never admit it, but they have helped dozens of schools with their vacancies. Mid major schools through this whole Villa 7, but even outside of Villa 7, ADs are calling Mike Ellis, ADs are calling Norwood Teague and saying ‘What do you think?’ So they’ve advised mid majors all over the country to help them with basketball searches.”

Had to get this info out word out of ESPN is that Shaka is on his way to MN...said he is driving to avoid a media frenzy. More to follow.

Of course, it all makes sense. He has to pick up Brad in Indy on the way up. It's a package deal.

Amelia Rayno ‏@AmeliaRayno Lots of rumors swirling right now. Working my hardest to sort through them and eventually fill you in on what's real. #Gophers

Amelia Rayno ‏@AmeliaRayno Lots of rumors swirling right now. Working my hardest to sort through them and eventually fill you in on what's real. #Gophers

She's in for a long night with this thread.

You have to believe the media is watching this site. I bet this is where news will break first.

You have to believe the media is watching this site. I bet this is where news will break first.

The news of Tubby's firing broke here two hours before Jeff Goodman's first report.

I was trolling before trolling was cool...I still think that Norwood will re-hire Tubby after my scathing column that will be coming out and all the protests from the Gophers fans and NAACP who feel his firing was unjust.

I would pay good money for that moniker

The news of Tubby's firing broke here two hours before Jeff Goodman's first report.

I can't imagine that there is a scenario that could possibly happen that hasn't already been broken here by someone's insiders, so no matter how this turns out, Gopherhole reported it FIRST.

Of course, it all makes sense. He has to pick up Brad in Indy on the way up. It's a package deal.

You beat me to this - My source told me back in the early 90's they both ran into each other at the Mall of America and came up with a plan that would lead them to co-coaching the U of M. They have kept their distance from each other since then as to not raise suspicion, but will be driving to Mall together to announce this in front of Legoland where they orignially hatched their crazy plan. I thought my source was crazy, but became immediately convinced me by pointing out neither have denied it. If no denial then it must be true!!!

Yea, we've covered pretty much every base. So many 'deepthroats' roaming the boards

Initially I was against hiring Flip, but what about this-

He becomes coach, closes on the Big 3. They all play 2 years.
He retires after 3 years and we get to have this fun again!

You beat me to this - My source told me back in the early 90's they both ran into each other at the Mall of America and came up with a plan that would lead them to co-coaching the U of M. They have kept their distance from each other since then as to not raise suspicion, but will be driving to Mall together to announce this in front of Legoland where they orignially hatched their crazy plan. I thought my source was crazy, but became immediately convinced me by pointing out neither have denied it. If no denial then it must be true!!!

I heard they are both meeting the Easter Bunny before and consulting him for advice.

Are you sure they didn't meet at the upstairs booths at Sex World? A few of them seem to have little holes on the sides where a friendship could begin.

We'll need about two years to recover from this.

He'd ruin them.

Ah, Redfield. Pheasant Capital of the World!

Pfffftttt. Winner, SD all the way.

3642730446_431a470f7a_z.jpg

Ok guys, I know the last thing some of you want right now is someone else claiming to have inside info but I can at least verify 100% a couple of things that have already been posted. The U is indeed working on a deal for Shaka for 7 years at 3.5 million. He is their #1 target and has been from the start and VCU is doing everything they can to keep him.

I know what I just posted is not groundbreaking news but the posters who are claiming Shaka never did or will consider the U are dead wrong.

Ok guys, I know the last thing some of you want right now is someone else claiming to have inside info but I can at least verify 100% a couple of things that have already been posted. The U is indeed working on a deal for Shaka for 7 years at 3.5 million. He is their #1 target and has been from the start and VCU is doing everything they can to keep him.

I know it's not groundbreaking news but the posters who are claiming Shaka never did or will consider the U are dead wrong.

How do people get these insiders?!

Top Bottom