News on Shaka Smart

60 pages. Can someone please summarize?

images

Update from Bristol where my friend works at ESPN:

-Someone told him it was Rick P of Lousiville who the big name unknown coach that was contacted. He was told Rick P was interested in coming to the B1G to coach in the top league and compete against the others.

-Shakas deal is done he just wants 100% backing that the facilities will be upgraded.

-Big donors are being contacted from Fortune 500 companies to private.

-Flip seems to be the fall back if NT doesn't get his top dog.

-Flip has privately said he will accept the Job if NT doesn't get his man. That makes a lot of donors and media happy because Flip has a lot of pull in MN.

-Andy Katz says he might have something new and will tweet it when it becomes more solid!

Will post more tonight as info becomes available.

Somebody set up a three way conference call with with Mean Gene Okerlund, Jesse and Shaka...We've got Richmond/DC killed when it comes to Wrastlin' pedigree.

That was it for my day updates. Next update 10pm. I could be posting MAJOR NEWS if it comes together. Also, local news in Richmond now reporting that the hangup is over recruiting and travel budget. Shaka wants to fly private jets to each game instead of flying commercial/taking buses. I can tell you this will DESTROY VCU's budget if they agree to this. Its getting VERY interesting.

Haha. Crazy seeing all the love for me! LOL!

Thanks guys. I can't tell you how this is going to shake out, but I'll let you in on a little secret.

I'm going to be one happy dude when this is all over!

And yeah...the VCU offices are pretty crazy right now!

Get out of here you imposter. :mad::mad:

Also, I just got a message asking for myself to appear on a local Minny radio program tomorrow morning. If this occurs I'll give you guys the website to tune in and hear from me.

Torres, not something you can summarize. It is an experience you have to go through. It will be one of those " I was ......fill in the blank when Richmondinsider told me who the next coach was"

-Someone told him it was Rick P of Lousiville who the big name unknown coach that was contacted. He was told Rick P was interested in coming to the B1G to coach in the top league and compete against the others.

-Shakas deal is done he just wants 100% backing that the facilities will be upgraded.

-Flip has privately said he will accept the Job if NT doesn't get his man. That makes a lot of donors and media happy because Flip has a lot of pull in MN.

-Andy Katz says he might have something new and will tweet it when it becomes more solid!

Seriously?

How many of us are now going to watch wrestling on Monday night to see if we catch a glimpse of Shaka? They will have record ratings.

This thread is out of control. I can't trust anyone! Screw it, I'm going to the Vu. First round's on me GHers

Perhaps Pitino wants to win a NC with Tubby's players . . .

Pitino says hes retiring at the end of next year....next

my wings were terrible

You need to take a trip to Redfield, SD. At the motel there, a restaurant is available. Order a dozen wings. You will NOT get 12 little bite sized drummies. You will get 12 entire wings. And I will put money on it that you will not be able to eat them all. I know, because I tried.

That was it for my day updates. Next update 10pm. I could be posting MAJOR NEWS if it comes together. Also, local news in Richmond now reporting that the hangup is over recruiting and travel budget. Shaka wants to fly private jets to each game instead of flying commercial/taking buses. I can tell you this will DESTROY VCU's budget if they agree to this. Its getting VERY interesting.

Yes, it's always been commitment to the program and enhancing it by keeping assistants/improving the program's budget over his personal salary. It's not big news, it's commonly known. Maybe you're just an idiot.

Well now we know RI works second shift at the mill.

Maybe you are The Shadow

The recruiting additions from above appear to be true, based on this article:

Sources have told CBS 6 Sports that more money in VCU’s recruiting budget and more charter air travel are points in the negotiation. Smart would like the team to travel to games on more charter flights and would like his coaching staff to have more access to planes for recruiting trips.

http://wtvr.com/2013/03/27/vcu-shaka-smart-contract/

Go Gophers!!

Also, I just got a message asking for myself to appear on a local Minny radio program tomorrow morning. If this occurs I'll give you guys the website to tune in and hear from me.

Odds of OP delivering? Do we get to meet the man or woman behind the mask? Staaaay Tuuned!

The recruiting additions from above appear to be true, based on this article:

Sources have told CBS 6 Sports that more money in VCU’s recruiting budget and more charter air travel are points in the negotiation. Smart would like the team to travel to games on more charter flights and would like his coaching staff to have more access to planes for recruiting trips.

http://wtvr.com/2013/03/27/vcu-shaka-smart-contract/

Go Gophers!!

If true, it sounds like he'd prefer to stay in the commonwealth. Oh well.

Dear News On Shaka Smart Thread:

I'm sorry for going to lunch and leaving you like this. I see I've missed so much of your growing up. I promise, I'll stick by you from this day until the end of my days.

Much love,

Jmag

You need to take a trip to Redfield, SD. At the motel there, a restaurant is available. Order a dozen wings. You will NOT get 12 little bite sized drummies. You will get 12 entire wings. And I will put money on it that you will not be able to eat them all. I know, because I tried.

Ah, Redfield. Pheasant Capital of the World!

Top Bottom