News on Shaka Smart

Why is d-o-u-c-h-e-y autopopulated with random characters on GH; LOL

Just got off the phone with Tubby himself. Says he's headed to VCU and bringing Saul and Coach Joe with him. Buyout to be somewhere in the 8 million dollar range.

Shaka taking his talents and staff to NDSU. Gophers getting Saul Phillips from NDSU.

Case closed.

Do people from Indianapolis plan fights on forums? If so, let's get the Stevens rumors cooking.

You all are so over rating Shaka Smart. Talk about managing expectations. You act like we would be the best program in the Big Ten if he came here. Get over yourselves. It's not like he's Coach K at Duke. His team just got pisspounded by a Big Ten team, and there are 4 other Big Ten teams that could have done the same thing. There are 20 to 30 other coaches as good or better than Shaka Laka.

You all are so over rating Shaka Smart. Talk about managing expectations. You act like we would be the best program in the Big Ten if he came here. Get over yourselves. It's not like he's Coach K at Duke. His team just got pisspounded by a Big Ten team, and there are 4 other Big Ten teams that could have done the same thing. There are 20 to 30 other coaches as good or better than Shaka Laka.

Please name 20 coaches as good as Shaka that are realistically available. Go.

Go to bed, Some Day. We have been having too much fun here tonight to have it ruined by your attitude.

Please name 20 coaches as good as Shaka that are realistically available. Go.

Didn't say available. Just saying settle down before u ..... on the cookie. 5 or 6 other guys that could be just as good or better though. Ya all acting as if the guy is the best coach in college basketball. I even saw a John Wooden reference. Pretty good for a guy with such a stories head coaching career.

Didn't say available. Just saying settle down before u ..... on the cookie. 5 or 6 other guys that could be just as good or better though. Ya all acting as if the guy is the best coach in college basketball. I even saw a John Wooden reference. Pretty good for a guy with such a stories head coaching career.

I don't think anybody has seriously said Shaka would make us a top 4 program in the Big 10. It would certainly catapult us into the 2nd tier behind MSU, OSU, and Indiana (could probably throw Michigan in there as well) and we'd realistically be able to start recruiting like a Wisconsin for the near future. Time would tell if we would be able to maintain that rank.

And you are caught in a lie. My boy Mo Mo aka Maurice was behind the bar tonight dealing drinks and something stuff and flat out said NOBODY in a Twins hat was there all night. When you actually become a man and want to meet me somewhere let me know.

OMFG...this is too funny. When big MoMo says its so, its so!

This. Shaka is a nice candidate and would be a good hire but he didn't exactly lift VCU from the ashes. Before him they had a guy named Anthony Grant, who won a bunch there and was a hot commodity. His results at Bama have been mixed.

Before that was the once über hot Jeff Capel, who bombed out at Oklahoma in spite of having Blake Griffin. Bama and Oklahoma, both similar situations to what he would see here.

I for one think someone like Wichita State's Gregg Marshall has a far more proven record of sustained success. Shaka may well do great things but the only difference right now between him and his predecessors was a hot couple weeks at the right time and upsetting Kansas once.

Welcome and Enjoy!

Agree, Philly, this was a great thread. Now, after everyone gets some sleep and comes back tomorrow, will the senses of humor prevail, or will this thread turn into a proverbial pissing contest. Stay tuned.

This. Shaka is a nice candidate and would be a good hire but he didn't exactly lift VCU from the ashes. Before him they had a guy named Anthony Grant, who won a bunch there and was a hot commodity. His results at Bama have been mixed.

Before that was the once über hot Jeff Capel, who bombed out at Oklahoma in spite of having Blake Griffin. Bama and Oklahoma, both similar situations to what he would see here.

I for one think someone like Wichita State's Gregg Marshall has a far more proven record of sustained success. Shaka may well do great things but the only difference right now between him and his predecessors was a hot couple weeks at the right time and upsetting Kansas once.

I agree with you on Marshall. The guy's track record is outstanding. He will be very successful at a high major program.

Go Gophers!!

Even Tyus's thread hasn't seen the surge like this motha'

Agree, Philly, this was a great thread. Now, after everyone gets some sleep and comes back tomorrow, will the senses of humor prevail, or will this thread turn into a proverbial pissing contest. Stay tuned.

This feels like late in the evening on Halloween. We've been back in for a while, we've been eating candy for hours, the porch light is turned off, nobody would answer their doors anymore. There's nothing left to do but hit the sack and pick up the pieces tomorrow.

This feels like late in the evening on Halloween. We've been back in for a while, we've been eating candy for hours, the porch light is turned off, nobody would answer their doors anymore. There's nothing left to do but hit the sack and put the pieces back tomorrow.

Hey big head...what about that logo??

I'm hitting up the Holiday on Wabasha for some carne seca beef jerky and a couple of red lines. Then I'm posting up in my tent off 52 binoculars and walkie talkie in hand.

I'll check in at 9am GMT with any updates if my cell phone battery lasts that long.

We did just hire someone from Butler to our athletic staff.

Stevens to MN? This is wonderful. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!

Is anyone else bothered with the overall national reaction to our chances of getting Shaka? This is the best college basketball conference and a place where a guy like Shaka can recruit and build a dynasty, with some foundation added by Tubby already...it is getting annoying. Even Myron is smack talking us.

"Maybe MN will hire Shaka, and Brad Stevens will agree to be his assistant and Hoiberg will be strength coach. Why not, right? #GopherDreams" - Myron

To sum up, this whole thing has become an episode of Lost. I'm trying to find a way to shoehorn this into the Fibonacci Sequence, but I just can't put it together. We have visual proof of Shaka Smart standing in front of the Vu waiting for the Giant Hot Dog Buffet, then we are told about the giant mystery man they call Pav, who is addicted to hot dogs. Like an episode of LOST, I don't know who is good and who is evil, I'm not even sure what I just read. I just know that I want to keep on reading it. It's an absolute roller coaster ride, just like the one Shaka Smart enjoyed Tuesday afternoon.

Top Bottom