News on Shaka Smart

I would once again like to note I've never in my life posted on a VA Tech board. This is the last I will address of this situation.

By the way, I fairly well known CBS basketball reporter just text me saying "spill the beans big homie I know you know where hes going". Maybe I do, maybe I do.

By "big homie", are you Pav using an alternate screen name?

Why is the other poster insinuating that you are VCU insider?

jammer, where is your sense of humor? This dude has brought out more creativity on GH, by GopherHolers, which has resulted in more beer flying out of noses incidents then ever in the history of GopherHole.

Can't disagree with you, Dr. Don!

Mills Fleet Farm in Brainerd just saved me $0.02 a gallon and every penny goes towards buying NBA2014 for every player stall in the new Practice Facility. Suck it, VCU. :)

I am officially instituting the ban Richmond Insider movement if he is indeed the same person as vcuinsider on their board? Totally made up information in his posts over there

Trolling trolls trolling trolls?

I would once again like to note I've never in my life posted on a VA Tech board. This is the last I will address of this situation.

By the way, I fairly well known CBS basketball reporter just text me saying "spill the beans big homie I know you know where hes going". Maybe I do, maybe I do.

If this thread weren't 27 pages, I'd say it can't get much better than this.

Sorry guys, there is a lot of hyperbole going on in this thread, but a lot of what richmondinsider is saying is true. I am not what I would call "well-connected" but I do donate to The RAF and I have known Norwood, Dave, and Mike for years. I am certain that based on previous conversations that there are talks going on now and that Shaka is considering it. It will take major money and big time promises. I'm not sure Minnesota has the right set of circumstances to make it happen to bring Shaka in now, but they will certainly try. VCU is at a ceiling as far as salary goes, the only thing they can offer is improvements in the infrastructure and a new practice facility.

LOL @ the fight at Bogart's. Good work gents.

Point being all I saw in the threads you linked was how tight Ellis and Smart were and how he was a huge and integral part to the program. Kind of appears to make the Teague Shaka relationship basically moot.
Ellis and Norwood are thick as thieves. Very hardworking, innovative guys, but Ellis and Norwood went to Minnesota, Shaka did not, and the split wasn't super friendly.

Norwood isn't gunning for Shaka. Again, look to the "Crossroads." People are leaving.

Ellis and Norwood are thick as thieves. Very hardworking, innovative guys, but Ellis and Norwood went to Minnesota, Shaka did not, and the split wasn't super friendly.

Norwood isn't gunning for Shaka. Again, look to the "Crossroads." People are leaving.

Not doubting you, but I still don't see in the links that you posted why the split wasn't "super friendly"

Sorry guys, there is a lot of hyperbole going on in this thread, but a lot of what richmondinsider is saying is true. I am not what I would call "well-connected" but I do donate to The RAF and I have known Norwood, Dave, and Mike for years. I am certain that based on previous conversations that there are talks going on now and that Shaka is considering it. It will take major money and big time promises. I'm not sure Minnesota has the right set of circumstances to make it happen to bring Shaka in now, but they will certainly try. VCU is at a ceiling as far as salary goes, the only thing they can offer is improvements in the infrastructure and a new practice facility.

LOL @ the fight at Bogart's. Good work gents.

Would Teague pull the trigger on Tubby without some kind of (at least soft) commitment from Shaka? Seems unlikely...

What does the seminal Britney Spears film have to do with the Gopher coaching search?

By the crossroads you mean Indianapolis, of course. Am I right?

Source? You're going to need to expound further.

Not doubting you, but I still don't see in the links that you posted why the split wasn't "super friendly"
smdh. forest for the trees, fellas- you're missing it. norwood's going after who norwood's going after....

Would Teague pull the trigger on Tubby without some kind of (at least soft) commitment from Shaka? Seems unlikely...

Shaka no doubt knew that this type of move was likely. Norwood wants one of "his guys" in his deck at Minne. The question becomes about resources. Does Minnesota have the resources to make an offer better than the $2.5M offered by the Illini, and can VCU muster the resources necessary to bring their program to the level which Shaka wants and deserves. It's a game of chess and I'm sitting back and watching Teaguey and Eddie play.

Well, "big homie" I was at Bogarts for 4 hours. No one came up to me. I wasn't hiding as I told everyone of the situation. Just listened to jazz and got a little tipsy off of 4 doubles. Feel free to private message me when you want to "let the dogs out" as they would say on the '90s.

My brain cells have taken a big hit reading through all 28 pages.

Hey guys just got off the phone with my friend who works at ESPN HQ. he heard from someone that Andy Katz said this is almost done and that big donors are on board to pump a lot of money into facilities if Shaka comes here. Supposedly they have been saying it all hinges on facilities for Smart. The money will be there to pay him but he wants upgrades.

88476953.jpg

smdh. forest for the trees, fellas- you're missing it. norwood's going after who norwood's going after....

Getting tired of your riddles and am close to asking you to meet me at Bogarts. What is it you are trying to say?

Well, "big homie" I was at Bogarts for 4 hours. No one came up to me. I wasn't hiding as I told everyone of the situation. Just listened to jazz and got a little tipsy off of 4 doubles. Feel free to private message me when you want to "let the dogs out" as they would say on the '90s.

And you are caught in a lie. My boy Mo Mo aka Maurice was behind the bar tonight dealing drinks and something stuff and flat out said NOBODY in a Twins hat was there all night. When you actually become a man and want to meet me somewhere let me know.

Hey guys just got off the phone with my friend who works at ESPN HQ. he heard from someone that Andy Katz said this is almost done and that big donors are on board to pump a lot of money into facilities if Shaka comes here. Supposedly they have been saying it all hinges on facilities for Smart. The money will be there to pay him but he wants upgrades.
Plausible considering the actual target, but wrong coach. Night all.

I'll believe that when I see Katz report it.

If Katz knew of this, he'd surely tweet it out citing "sources", right? Anything to be the first.

I suspect that someone using smdh in a post isn' t plugged into the inner workings of VCU. Too lazy to look it up, but I'm assuming it means "shaking my *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#y head". Sounds similar to Esposito (RPI Man) with his SMH tweets!!!

The real target VCUMan is too afraid to reveal is ... Bill Musselman!

And you are caught in a lie. My boy Mo Mo aka Maurice was behind the bar tonight dealing drinks and something stuff and flat out said NOBODY in a Twins hat was there all night. When you actually become a man and want to meet me somewhere let me know.

There are smooth jazz gangster bars in Richmond? Fellas I don't think we stand a chance of getting him to leave the RIC. On to Flip!!

Top Bottom