Nate Reuvers in Transfer Portal

Him and Robbins would be a nice 1-2 punch. He and Potter were pretty soft this year and both came off the bench at times, but he would be an impact player here immediately.

He'll leave the Big Ten. No need for him to transfer in-conference. Go somewhere else where the coaches haven't game-planned against you for four years.

Of course you take him....and Davison to if wants to play another year and closer to home. We just finished 13th in the conference....but we don't want a player who averaged 13 points as a junior in the B1G? It's not Davison or Reuvers fault the last head coach didn't bother even recruiting them. Plus....there will be other Lakeville North kids who are going to be B1G players the next few years. I think Trevor Winter's son is a 9th or 10th grader who will play major college basketball.

He'll leave the Big Ten. No need for him to transfer in-conference. Go somewhere else where the coaches haven't game-planned against you for four years.
I agree....i kind of think Notre Dame is a possibility if he decides to play another year.

What would sway you on Reuvers coming back to the Gophers? If he came out and stated he chose UW due to his belief that Pitino was a dildo during his recruitment and didn't want to play for him. Says he always loved BJ so he wants to help him build the Gophers now. Would something like this change thoughts? I want any player who will improve the team. I don't care where a guy was before, if he can help and has no real baggage, welcome and let's go.

Reuvers may not be this guy I'm describing, just a comment on the Badger-Gopher deal more than anything.
Nothing would convince me based on what I have heard about his personality through mutual contacts. Just not the type of dude you want on your team is what I’ve heard.

Nothing seriously bad about him. Just a rough personality and unlikable person is the report I have heard. Chemistry ruiner according to my contact.

Of course you take him....and Davison to if wants to play another year and closer to home. We just finished 13th in the conference....but we don't want a player who averaged 13 points as a junior in the B1G? It's not Davison or Reuvers fault the last head coach didn't bother even recruiting them. Plus....there will be other Lakeville North kids who are going to be B1G players the next few years. I think Trevor Winter's son is a 9th or 10th grader who will play major college basketball.

giphy.gif

I'd guess he is going to transfer somewhere outside the Big 10. Gonzaga. Creighton. Xavier. Virginia.

Also - someone on this thread said that we'd take Davison back because we finished 13th. I would not. He is an okay player who would be on the team for 1 season and he's a POS, i'd rather finish 13th w/o Davison than 12th w/him.

I have mix opinions. One side of me says no. Another side of me tells me that perhaps this will help slowly stop the flood of people in Minnesota going to Wisconsin to play football, basketball, hockey, volleyball etc.

I'd guess he is going to transfer somewhere outside the Big 10. Gonzaga. Creighton. Xavier. Virginia.

Also - someone on this thread said that we'd take Davison back because we finished 13th. I would not. He is an okay player who would be on the team for 1 season and he's a POS, i'd rather finish 13th w/o Davison than 12th w/him.
You've met him obviously....

By all accounts he's a really good kid.

Honestly, I would love a kid who plays hard, takes charges, moves the ball and makes big 3's.

Honestly, I would love a kid who plays hard, takes charges, moves the ball and makes big 3's.
Davison reminds me of a Danny Ainge type of player, if he’s on your favorite team you love him, if he’s on another team you hate him.

I have a hard time holding Reuvers down year against him, it was a tough year for everyone with covid. I’d take him on the Gophers if he wanted to come.

Davison reminds me of a Danny Ainge type of player, if he’s on your favorite team you love him, if he’s on another team you hate him.
I'd say he's more like how Ozzie Guillen described A.J. Pierzynski:

"If you play against him, you hate him. If you play with him, you hate him a little less."

I agree. It's not like I would be pumped if we got one or both of them, but you take them if they want to play....

I would definitely take Davison...especially with our guard situation. I don't think Reuvers is going to come to Minnesota. For some reason I thought there was a Notre Dame connection with his dad...and as I remember, they were his first choice out of high school.

Blasphemy.

There must be a sign in front of Williams Arena:
DUMP BODIES HERE!
Take him if it will help the depth.

Actually, I'm thinking more of Bob Uecker's line in Major League II while he's announcing the opening day game when a nasty player newly signed by his home team comes to the plate:

"It's amazing how a new uniform can change your attitude about a guy."

Then, he mutters off-mic to his announcing partner "He's still a dick."

No way on either of Davison or Reuvers. I feel they both severely disrespected the gophers and the players the first couple years. I would not want someone that is a dirty player representing our team. They both picked their poison, LIVE WITH IT!

Take if he wants in. He is pretty skilled offensively.

Also, he's a much higher end recruit than has typically been brought in here. One season, come help em get going, welcome back.

Dude plays soft. 6'-11" guy that averaged 3.3 rebounds a game. No thanks.
I think he is a really nice player and would fit in on most any team. He is disciplined, and has nice footwork and a nice shooting touch. He would be a great fit here!

What would sway you on Reuvers coming back to the Gophers? If he came out and stated he chose UW due to his belief that Pitino was a dildo during his recruitment and didn't want to play for him. Says he always loved BJ so he wants to help him build the Gophers now. Would something like this change thoughts? I want any player who will improve the team. I don't care where a guy was before, if he can help and has no real baggage, welcome and let's go.

Reuvers may not be this guy I'm describing, just a comment on the Badger-Gopher deal more than anything.
ruevers was recruited during sex tape scandal and few other items, he commented he wanted no part of organization due to those issues

yeah, he quotes the bible and all

he also flops, whines to refs, punches kids in nuts, under cuts shooters, plays dangerously.

not interested

He also shot under 30% on his 2's, he's very streaky

I saw at one point he missed like 25 straight 2 point attempts. I think probably because too often hes trying to draw contact instead of making a basket

yeah, he quotes the bible and all

he also flops, whines to refs, punches kids in nuts, under cuts shooters, plays dangerously.

not interested

He also shot under 30% on his 2's, he's very streaky

I saw at one point he missed like 25 straight 2 point attempts. I think probably because too often hes trying to draw contact instead of making a basket
He shot 39% for beyond the arc and 87% from the free-throw line. He is a very good defensive player and plays smart and hard. Have you looked at our guards? Of course you would take him.

Top Bottom