Nate Reuvers in Transfer Portal

i am 0% surprised. seemed like he was extremely disinterested there this year and saw his PT evaporate

What would sway you on Reuvers coming back to the Gophers? If he came out and stated he chose UW due to his belief that Pitino was a dildo during his recruitment and didn't want to play for him. Says he always loved BJ so he wants to help him build the Gophers now. Would something like this change thoughts? I want any player who will improve the team. I don't care where a guy was before, if he can help and has no real baggage, welcome and let's go.

Reuvers may not be this guy I'm describing, just a comment on the Badger-Gopher deal more than anything.

I don’t like the optics of us taking a guy who was losing playing time at Madison. We shouldn’t be viewed as a place kids can fall back on if it doesn’t workout in Wisco. If Johnson is trying to build up in state recruiting that doesn’t seem like the way to do it.

What would sway you on Reuvers coming back to the Gophers? If he came out and stated he chose UW due to his belief that Pitino was a dildo during his recruitment and didn't want to play for him. Says he always loved BJ so he wants to help him build the Gophers now. Would something like this change thoughts? I want any player who will improve the team. I don't care where a guy was before, if he can help and has no real baggage, welcome and let's go.

Reuvers may not be this guy I'm describing, just a comment on the Badger-Gopher deal more than anything.
I don’t want him but if Reuvers felt that way about Pitino he is not the only one.

No. He can go suck eggs.

Did Reuvers not play basketball on a club team? Assuming this is almost impossible these days, and yet there seems to be almost zero information about this on Google search.

Wisconsin bio doesn't list a club team, only talks about what he did for Lakeville. Same with his wikipedia page.

Why is club basketball so shadowy??? That just screams scamy, to me.
He played for D1 MN. Pretty easy to find on google: https://d1mnbasketball.com/alumni/nate-reuvers/

Did Reuvers not play basketball on a club team? Assuming this is almost impossible these days, and yet there seems to be almost zero information about this on Google search.

Wisconsin bio doesn't list a club team, only talks about what he did for Lakeville. Same with his wikipedia page.

Why is club basketball so shadowy??? That just screams scamy, to me.
It's really not that hard to find.

Wow, not much love for Reuvers. Assuming Johnson comes back and Robbins stays it wouldn't seem like we have a huge need for him so can't imagine there being a ton of mutual interest outside of the local angle.

Though I will say, why wouldn't Wisconsin's bio mention anything about playing for D1. Still seems excessively shadowy, for no apparent reason.

But anyway ...

What would sway you on Reuvers coming back to the Gophers? If he came out and stated he chose UW due to his belief that Pitino was a dildo during his recruitment and didn't want to play for him.

That certainly would make me like him more.

OK just missed it:
https://d1mnbasketball.com/alumni/nate-reuvers/

So this goes directly to my point: now that club directors "got their guy" in BJ .... can they try to lean on him to take Nate?
Lol posted at the same time. I'd say that I think AAU coaches/programs influence falls off a lot after the initial signing. Don't think they would have much influence on a transfer.

I'm not really sure where all the hate is coming from. He's a year removed from 13, 4.5 and 2 blocks per game on a Big Ten winning team. This guy would instantly make our team better.

With that said I think we have a 0% shot at him.

I'm not really sure where all the hate is coming from. He's a year removed from 13, 4.5 and 2 blocks per game on a Big Ten winning team. This guy would instantly make our team better.

With that said I think we have a 0% shot at him.
What do you think he's looking for, out of curiosity?

Last edited:

What do you think he's looking for, out of curiosity?
I'm not sure...I don't know the stories as to why he's transferring in the first place but my guess is he's going to be looking for bigger and better. Just a guess. I can't see him being homesick as Madison is only a few hours away but I could be wrong I don't know the guy.

Top Bottom