Nate Reuvers in Transfer Portal

There are a ton of people that I've met that I know are POS. I never got to meet Stalin either. You can judge people by their . . . wait for it. . . actions.

He intentionally tries to injure other players during basketball games. My issue with Davison have nothing to do with him playing hard and taking a charge and more to do with him punching other players in the nuts. It's a REALLY a simple rule in life, if you know a grown man who punches other grown men in the genitals, that guys is a POS. You don't ever have to meet him to know that.
Chris Paul did the same thing at wake forest. POS

Never called it that. What is happening with the exits is as a result of the problem/
I know you didn’t, but thanks for the update. Was just bringing some levity to the forum... which is rough shape these days.

very curious to see how Gard navigates the next couple of years. Big fan of Davis, but some work to do elsewhere.

Never called it that. What is happening with the exits is as a result of the problem/
Why would players leave for something less than a (self-imposed) post-season ban? Would make sense.

Why would players leave for something less than a (self-imposed) post-season ban? Would make sense.
Unfulfilled expectations, team and personal. Need for a change of scenery. Lack of patience. And a lot of other reasons that we could spend pages debating whether they are good reasons or not.

Unfulfilled expectations, team and personal. Need for a change of scenery. Lack of patience.
I would argue these are reasons for a player in particular, to leave. But this many players, when there isn't a coaching change? Hmm...

What’s the problem? It can’t be that bad or it would be public already.
GH has been hoping the damage grew, but at most it just seemed like some discontinuity in the locker room. No one with any info called it much more than that. Just a relatively novel hurdle for that coaching staff.

I asked family last weekend and they mentioned that Gard is trying to emphasize players to leave the team.

I would say “ If he’s on the other team, you hate him. If he’s on your team...you hate him just a little less.”
A lot of my Wisconsin fans friends hate him because he was a mainstay of the lineup and wasn’t that good.
Wisconsin fans might hate him more than gopher fans

GH has been hoping the damage grew, but at most it just seemed like some discontinuity in the locker room. No one with any info called it much more than that. Just a relatively novel hurdle for that coaching staff.
Everything I have heard is that all the players on the team hated other players on the team. I have a pretty inside source.

the two things I’ve heard:
Everyone hated trice and he is difficult to be around because he is all about himself.
Everyone thought Reuvers was immature and acted like a freshman even though he was a senior.

I have not heard anything bad about Davidson from my inside source.
I have not heard anything negative going on in the Wisconsin program other than really bad team chemistry this year. Which explains their step back even while returning everyone.

Everything I have heard is that all the players on the team hated other players on the team. I have a pretty inside source.

Everyone hated trice and he is difficult to be around because he is all about himself.
Everyone thought Reuvers was immature and acted like a freshman even though he was a senior.

I have not heard anything negative going on in the Wisconsin program other than really bad team chemistry this year. Which explains their step back even while returning everyone.
Appreciate the insight. Also been a badger fan since the 90s and this has possibly been my least favorite group to watch. Used to watch every game alongside th gophers. That was not the case the last two years.

Maybe a tough lockerroom thing going on, but the NCAA basically declared "free agency" for the players. This roster mess for so many different teams was predictable.

Did your source mention anything about how much of the roster did not enjoy how they were treated ?

Did your source mention anything about how much of the roster did not enjoy how they were treated ?
Not really. Didn’t really press him on it as I didn’t want to make him say bad things about people he knew

I would argue these are reasons for a player in particular, to leave. But this many players, when there isn't a coaching change? Hmm...
Is it really that many players?

UW had 8-9 guys in the playing rotation, and 6 were seniors. Only one of the rotation guys is transferring - Trevor Anderson (a Sr.), who signed at Valpo. 4 of the other 5 seniors are also leaving, but they are leaving college basketball altogether. We don't know about Davison yet, and the other rotation guys are staying.

There are also a couple of scout-teamers in McGrory and Hedstrom who are in the portal.

It is a total of 7 guys leaving, which seems like a lot, but it's pretty normal attrition when you break it down that all of this was seniors and scrubs. Maybe there were problems, but I don't see this normal-ish turnover as convincing evidence.

Is it really that many players?

UW had 8-9 guys in the playing rotation, and 6 were seniors. Only one of the rotation guys is transferring - Trevor Anderson (a Sr.), who signed at Valpo. 4 of the other 5 seniors are also leaving, but they are leaving college basketball altogether. We don't know about Davison yet, and the other rotation guys are staying.

There are also a couple of scout-teamers in McGrory and Hedstrom who are in the portal.

It is a total of 7 guys leaving, which seems like a lot, but it's pretty normal attrition when you break it down that all of this was seniors and scrubs. Maybe there were problems, but I don't see this normal-ish turnover as convincing evidence.

This is what I was thinking. I have been reading this thread and trying to figure out if this is HOPING that something bad is brewing here because it is Wisconsin or whether there is something here.

Large percentage of rosters falling apart seems to be the flavor of the season, here included. Unless there is some real news that comes out, this seems like the seasonal Iowa and Wisconsin threads we have for football and basketball where we grasp on to a nugget of news and rejoice in the impending doom that unfortunately doesn't materialize.

This is what I was thinking. I have been reading this thread and trying to figure out if this is HOPING that something bad is brewing here because it is Wisconsin or whether there is something here.

Large percentage of rosters falling apart seems to be the flavor of the season, here included. Unless there is some real news that comes out, this seems like the seasonal Iowa and Wisconsin threads we have for football and basketball where we grasp on to a nugget of news and rejoice in the impending doom that unfortunately doesn't materialize.
It may very well not spell demise but they had top down chemistry problem where 2 guys would have stayed the extra year and not every underclassmen is yet decided.

Top Bottom