Nate Andrews Commits UPDATED 12/18: Alabama offers Andrews

He was offered by Florida State?

Count me skeptical on that.

He most definitely was offered by FSU. Is there still a spot for him in FSU's class? Nope, other kids committed before he did. Could he be on their commit list if he took it right away? Yep.

He was offered by Florida State?

Count me skeptical on that.

Any particular reason why? It seems like everyone is reporting that he had that offer. Florida State just lost their defensive coordinator and his chance of immediate playing time is much better here.

I don't think we win many recruiting battles against FSU, however, if the conditions are absolutely perfect (which they appear to be with this kid), it's certainly possible.

He most definitely was offered by FSU. Is there still a spot for him in FSU's class? Nope, other kids committed before he did. Could he be on their commit list if he took it right away? Yep.

I love when people state this kind of thing so matter-of-factly as if they have any way of actually knowing whether or not it is the case. For the record, I believe that at the very least he at one point held an offer from the Noles and your scenario is absolutely possible (if not likely). However, none of us really know what the case is and I for one don't really care that much. As far as I am concerned, the only important thing here is that Mr. Andrews will be a Golden Gopher and hopefully a good one.

I love when people state this kind of thing so matter-of-factly as if they have any way of actually knowing whether or not it is the case. For the record, I believe that at the very least he at one point held an offer from the Noles and your scenario is absolutely possible (if not likely). However, none of us really know what the case is and I for one don't really care that much. As far as I am concerned, the only important thing here is that Mr. Andrews will be a Golden Gopher and hopefully a good one.

There are websites out there that post interviews with these recruits. It's definitely possible to know stuff like that.

There are websites out there that post interviews with these recruits. It's definitely possible to know stuff like that.

very true, and if that is in fact how you came to your conclusion then I completely retract my post as it pertains to you. I just get tired of people making stating their opinions as fact. Many people believe that it is simply impossible for a recruit to be interested in a less prestigious program if they hold an offer from a helmet school. A similar situation has come up in a different thread (and to a lesser extent this one) about our offer to Rodney Adams. While in most cases a recruit wouldn't even consider us or a school similar to us if they held an offer from the likes of Alabama and Florida, it can happen. I'm not trying to say that I believe Adams still holds all of those offers, as I think it is far more likely that he doesn't, but he very well may.

very true, and if that is in fact how you came to your conclusion then I completely retract my post as it pertains to you. I just get tired of people making stating their opinions as fact. Many people believe that it is simply impossible for a recruit to be interested in a less prestigious program if they hold an offer from a helmet school. A similar situation has come up in a different thread (and to a lesser extent this one) about our offer to Rodney Adams. While in most cases a recruit wouldn't even consider us or a school similar to us if they held an offer from the likes of Alabama and Florida, it can happen. I'm not trying to say that I believe Adams still holds all of those offers, as I think it is far more likely that he doesn't, but he very well may.

Adams could be going to Florida if he wanted to from the sound of things I've read. He was committed there at one point.

It sounds like both Adams and Florida have moved on. Adams wants to distance himself from the former WR coach and Florida gave his offer to someone else.

This is a great pick-up at a position of need. It's even better because it helps our chances with Walton and White.

So this kid has offers from Florida State, Miami and Oklahama, but he took his recruiting visit to Western Kentucky.

Okay, sure,

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Rodney-Adams-132067

He was committed to Florida at one point. Many of the premiere schools are close to filling up spots at this point so some of those schools might not still be offering. His highlight tape makes it pretty clear to me that he would have earned some better offers than WKU.

@ChrisSmithXOFan: WR Nate Andrews - Fairhope HS (AL) has received an offer today from #Alabama. Andrews is committed Minnesota. #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

So what was your Nate Andrews: gopher commit - moment?

Let's not all run and hide just because Alabama offered. Andrews might love the U and Kill. There are plenty of reasons to come north to play vs. staying home. Better school, better city, better chance to see the field a lot. Let's not roll over for the big boys just yet.

Let's not all run and hide just because Alabama offered. Andrews might love the U and Kill. There are plenty of reasons to come north to play vs. staying home. Better school, better city, better chance to see the field a lot. Let's not roll over for the big boys just yet.

Maybe a kid from Alabama wants to get a world class education and get out of the South...it happens. I've lived down there...I wanted to get out too!

Quick peek at Bama's commit list shows just one other WR commit (they do have 3 "Athlete" commits but not sure if any are recruited as WR). And they signed 2 WR last year compared to 3 for the Gophers. So, fewer pure WR commits than the Gophers this year and last year, thus it's not a lock that he would be an immediate starter at Minnesota and a 4 year benchwarmer at Alabama.

I thought the WKU visit made these types of offers impossible...

We cooled on him. Let 'Bama take our sloppy seconds. :p

Quick peek at Bama's commit list shows just one other WR commit (they do have 3 "Athlete" commits but not sure if any are recruited as WR). And they signed 2 WR last year compared to 3 for the Gophers. So, fewer pure WR commits than the Gophers this year and last year, thus it's not a lock that he would be an immediate starter at Minnesota and a 4 year benchwarmer at Alabama.

Word was he was going to play on defense for us, not wr.

*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ttttttttttttttt!!1

we are becoming the Western Michigan for the SEC.

But seriously, this and the fact that LSU offered Riley a full ride is just more proof that Kill and Staff have the ability to recruit and identify talented players.

for everyone saying he's automatically gone, let the kid decide before you say adios. he could very well still decide he loves the U and wants to be here. Secondly, I have to agree this shows that Kill is hitting some under the radar kids, or else getting to some before the big schools move. All in all that can't be a bad thing for the long run

we are becoming the Western Michigan for the SEC.

But seriously, this and the fact that LSU offered Riley a full ride is just more proof that Kill and Staff have the ability to recruit and identify talented players.

It might prove Kill and staff can identify talened players but it does not prove they can recruit. Now if they start to get those players to sign LOI that would be different.

He is a big twitter guy lets show him the love and how much we want him!!

https://twitter.com/NateAndrews1

It doesn't prove much to me, just shows he can offer a couple guys before Bama and LSU do. Pretty sure Andrews was a known commodity, FSU offered him back in february, he attended Bama's junior day. Just cause they get a Bama or LSU offer doesn't elevate their talent level. They probably didn't get offered by bama and LSU right away because those schools are focusing on such a high level of recruit until the last few months of the recruiting season.

LOL - I give it till the end of the week before we see his decommit. We all know that he's gone.

Top Bottom