Nate Andrews Commits UPDATED 12/18: Alabama offers Andrews

I really enjoy the way these kids *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# with your minds so you can read into comments or no comments, and over analyze everything. :)

"Wow, that was awesome!"

"OMG, what is he talking about?! Is he talking about his visit to FSU? Or did he get another scholarship offer from a big-time school? Is he just excited about coming to Minnesota? Holy crap, what is going on?!?!?!?!?"

Nope, just ended up he had to take a crap really bad and it felt good.

Today Kids have twitter and facebook not like in your fellas prime when it was party lines and telegraph! :)

Andrews has been pretty vocal on his support of the verbal he made. He has been pretty quiet since his FSU visit. I'm not over analyzing crap. Just making an observation.

just another observation. a kid tweeted at andrews saying go noles. andrews answered calling the kid a fool. he asked why no retweet. andrews said because i can't do that. seems like he's still liking the gophs... or at least i hope so cuz i think he's gonna be a big time player for us!!!

I think right now he is a little tired of all the attention and simply wants to be left alone. Best let Coach Kill and coach Sawvel communicate with him. I am pretty certain they have and know where he stands, even after the FSU visit.

"Wow, that was awesome!"

"OMG, what is he talking about?! Is he talking about his visit to FSU? Or did he get another scholarship offer from a big-time school? Is he just excited about coming to Minnesota? Holy crap, what is going on?!?!?!?!?"

Nope, just ended up he had to take a crap really bad and it felt good.

Pretty much summed up my feelings about Twitter and recruiting. It is kind of fun though to watch people try to interpret something that could be meaningless and many times is barely English.

Following recruiting and speculatiing on the greatness of incoming recruits is fun and it helps fill the void of the off-season but it is foolish to bank on any recruit until signing day gets here and they actually sign on the dotted line. Prior to that point it doesn't matter what they say because it takes very little to suddenly sway the decision of an 18 year old kid.

it is foolish to bank on any recruit until signing day gets here and they actually sign on the dotted line

Correct.

Prior to that point it doesn't matter what they say

Incorrect. If this were true, the commit lists at any point in time (especially now, weeks before signing day) would have little-to-no resemblance to the final one compiled on (and in some cases, after) NSD. In fact, for all schools, a very high percentage of players end up with the school that they currently say they're going to. People always say something to the effect of "it's meaningless" or "it doesn't matter". In fact, it does matter. It does have meaning. It just doesn't matter or have meaning 100% of the time, which is far different from saying it has zero meaning or matters zero.

I think right now he is a little tired of all the attention and simply wants to be left alone.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

I'm guessing that since he is done with visits, etc. It's time to get down to finalizing his decision. That has to be an unreal amount of pressure for a guy his age.

just another observation. a kid tweeted at andrews saying go noles. andrews answered calling the kid a fool. he asked why no retweet. andrews said because i can't do that. seems like he's still liking the gophs... or at least i hope so cuz i think he's gonna be a big time player for us!!!

Just for the record the kid that tweeted this at Andrews is one of his high school teammates. At least I am assuming so since his profile pic is of someone in the same uniform but a different number from Andrews'.

Correct.

Incorrect. If this were true, the commit lists at any point in time (especially now, weeks before signing day) would have little-to-no resemblance to the final one compiled on (and in some cases, after) NSD. In fact, for all schools, a very high percentage of players end up with the school that they currently say they're going to. People always say something to the effect of "it's meaningless" or "it doesn't matter". In fact, it does matter. It does have meaning. It just doesn't matter or have meaning 100% of the time, which is far different from saying it has zero meaning or matters zero.

Actually agree with you on the second part as meaningless was probably the wrong word to use. Clearly when a kid gives a verbal commitment it has meaning because the majority of the time that does end up being the school the kid signs with. My comment was more directed about all the random comments that people hang onto during the process. Sure it is great when a kid talks about how excited he is to play for your school but in the end that same kid could just as easily decide at any time to switch to another school he feels it would be even greater to play for.

A verbal commitment certainly has meaning just not something it is wise to count on because until they sign it could change in a heart beat.

Today Kids have twitter and facebook not like in your fellas prime when it was party lines and telegraph! :)

Andrews has been pretty vocal on his support of the verbal he made. He has been pretty quiet since his FSU visit. I'm not over analyzing crap. Just making an observation.

images

Just for the record the kid that tweeted this at Andrews is one of his high school teammates. At least I am assuming so since his profile pic is of someone in the same uniform but a different number from Andrews'.

It seemed like he was just messing with him to me.

Top Bottom