MIKE MAX: TREVOR GETS 6th YEAR!!!!!!!!!! UPDATED: Officially Confirmed by the U!!

zambam said:
I said it wasn't a slam dunk, but there was a chance, do I count?

You are misinterpreting his comment as a positive.

If the U is saying they will know more tomorrow- it's likely true. They don't want to jump ahead of an official announcement by the NCAA. If the U were reporting they knew nothing of it- that would be a concern.

+2

Reads like they cannot say until the official announcement but they have been told "unofficially". Otherwise no "will know more in the morning".

Here's the solution!

I know - Lets call Joel Maturi and ask him!
He's always good for an "I'm not going to go there" comment!

Sorry to do this...but if this is true, how do people feel about playing Mbakwe almost exclusively as a center so we can keep Rodney at PF?

Dre
Austin
Trent
Rodney
Trevor

but I share the skepticism about maxie

Sorry to do this...but if this is true, how do people feel about playing Mbakwe almost exclusively as a center so we can keep Rodney at PF?
eker - i'll know more on this in the morning!

Moonlight said:
I know - Lets call Joel Maturi and ask him!
He's always good for an "I'm not going to go there" comment!

Actually ...

“@DarrenWolfson: From Maturi on Mbakwe WCCO report: "Release tomorrow." Someone close to Mbakwe said Trevor hasn't been told a thing. #Gophers”

“@DarrenWolfson: "U" people feel good, but can't get anyone to confirm they have official word. RT @birdyfactory: @DarrenWolfson He's got it.”

Happens all the time ..."We have made a decision but need everyone to sign the official paper work. Off the record we will approve the request but don't say anything until all the paper work is signed...."

Actually ...

“@DarrenWolfson: From Maturi on Mbakwe WCCO report: "Release tomorrow." Someone close to Mbakwe said Trevor hasn't been told a thing. #Gophers”

“@DarrenWolfson: "U" people feel good, but can't get anyone to confirm they have official word. RT @birdyfactory: @DarrenWolfson He's got it.”
HA!! Nice to know life is going on as we know it!

I know I've been rough on Doogie, but he does a better job of actually finding more sources than some people in the media.

aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

... if true ...

Another sign that the world of sports jounalism has gone completely down the toilet. Mike Max was in such a hurry to be the "first" that he would write and article and run with it before checking ANYTHING. I'm fortunate enough to be privy to the lack of professionalism with a guy like Max, so I knew not to get my hopes up until I hear it somewhere else, but this was a really big F' up.

Anyway, I was one of those guys who had some doubts that Mbakwe would get a 6th year. I never thought it was clear cut like GW, but here is to hoping.

Oh, and if Trevor comes back, we better run Mbakwe and Williams at the 4/5 against almost every team.

This is great news, honestly. But the way this team is playing right now, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he decided to go professional. He deserves to make some money and playing another season of college only creates a huge risk. One injury and his already slim NBA hopes are 100 percent done.

Another sign that the world of sports jounalism has gone completely down the toilet. Mike Max was in such a hurry to be the "first" that he would write and article and run with it before checking ANYTHING. I'm fortunate enough to be privy to the lack of professionalism with a guy like Max, so I knew not to get my hopes up until I hear it somewhere else, but this was a really big F' up.

Anyway, I was one of those guys who had some doubts that Mbakwe would get a 6th year. I never thought it was clear cut like GW, but here is to hoping.

Oh, and if Trevor comes back, we better run Mbakwe and Williams at the 4/5 against almost every team.
We all had doubts so we'll see how it plays out tomorrow.
Perfect play by Maxie - break the story then yank it a few minutes later and head to vegas and sell your hair at a wig shop.
...sorry - seen the commercial way too many times...

@WCCORosen: To clarify the Mbwake story, multiple sources tell WCCO that he has been granted a medical redshirt for next season

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher said:
@WCCORosen: To clarify the Mbwake story, multiple sources tell WCCO that he has been granted a medical redshirt for next season

Go Gophers!!

Lol. Oh GW will have a fit with that terminology from Rosen.

It comes as big news for a team that lacked the dominating type of player the Gophers had inside once Mbakwe went down. Ralph Sampson III is graduating, and the other post players coming back are Elliott Eliason, Andre Ingram and Maurice Walker, who redshirted this season after going through off-season knee surgery.

There’s no guarantee that Mbakwe will take the extra year, but he at least has the option now. Between injuries and previous legal issues that are now resolved, he’s had a roller-coaster basketball career.

The current Gophers team is still focused on this season as they will travel to Madison Square Garden and take on Washington in the NIT semifinals next Tuesday night.

The University of Minnesota will make the announcement on Friday.

Top Bottom