Mason, McBrayer and Dorsey suspended

Since we are all guessing, how about this theory. A girlfriend is snooping on his phone, finds theses videos and decides to post them as revenge. So, there, that must be the truth because you read it somewhere.

As much some of you can't give Pitino credit for anything. It looks more like this is his decision and he is using it to teach a lesson. I would suspect that those players are still sweating out if they are going to play or even be on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my guess. It actually makes sense.

As to Pitino- people are loving to kick him right now because the program is down. For a while I was silently questioning if he could coach. After seeing the last stretch of 6 or 7 games I am more convinced than ever that he is going to be a very good coach. I also think we are positioned to have a really nice comeback season next year if these guys survive this and learn. I hope people will be patient with this.

We just can't escape this stuff. Was Mitch in the video too?

Never, ever, video anything. Kids are so dumb with their phones.

I suspect it will be the decision of the AD how long the suspenions are.
I also believe the President of the U will have some suggestions.
One presumes that one or bothof them have seen the video and know more about the circumstances in which it was made and transmitted than anyone posting here.
After the scandal surrounding the former AD the President probably wishes the whole AD would just dry up and blow away.
Playing these guys this season would not only be wrong but a public relations nightmare.
The powers that be have other priorities and responsibilities than having the chance however small to beat WI.

Dorsey, wait to hear the facts, but unless he didn't have consent to take those videos, I don't think it warrants kicking off the team.

If he was the one who actually recorded the video I'd strongly think about booting him, if he actually posted them, bye-bye.

Also...could depend on WHEN the video was recorded. I mean, it could be 2 years old, right?

If he was the one who actually recorded the video I'd strongly thing about booting him, if he actually posted them, bye-bye.

This is most closely in line with my thinking, and not a first transgression.

From what's being reported I would surmise there were two male participants (the owner of the phone being one), while the 3rd party (also male) played the role of cameraman.

Dawn of man to early 2000s - Kids are dumb
Early 2000s through 2016 - Kids are dumb with their phones

I suspect it will be the decision of the AD how long the suspenions are.
I also believe the President of the U will have some suggestions.
One presumes that one or bothof them have seen the video and know more about the circumstances in which it was made and transmitted than anyone posting here.
After the scandal surrounding the former AD the President probably wishes the whole AD would just dry up and blow away.
Playing these guys this season would not only be wrong but a public relations nightmare.
The powers that be have other priorities and responsibilities than having the chance however small to beat WI.

I don't believe that would be the case at all. Right now no one is reporting what they got suspended for.

These types of "encounters" happen very often at the U (or any college I'd presume) Athletes or no athletes. There is cocaine use, ecstasy use, etc., group sex, individual sex, lewd videos and lewd photos. And a good portion of it is completely consensual. (It's the cases where it's not or where people abuse do things the other doesn't consent to) It's college and kids do really stupid things and exploratory things. If you think this makes someone a bad, terrible, disgraceful person, you should probably just get a portable eye cleaning machine in order to cleanse yourself after making eye contact with any 18-22 year old you come across.

This all assumes the acts were consensual. As far as I'm concerned, his only mistake was presumably accidentally posting the video. I don't care who made the mistake and there really is no way to prove who made the mistake. I'm fine with the suspension. Even if it is for the rest of the year honestly. But this isn't even close to enough to get kicked off the team for good. As far as we know, no one was injured in this. No one is charging assault or distress. It is embarrassing for sure, both to Dorsey and the players and the female involved and the school and the program. I just don't see this as something to get really worked up about.

And keep remembering this is the same fan base who begged for Mbakwe and Royce to play (which I fully agreed with as well) when they were actually charged with crimes. Dorsey screws up and we want him, Mason, and Dupree off the team. Give me a break.

I don't believe that would be the case at all. Right now no one is reporting what they got suspended for.

I was listening to KFAN this morning and they didn't even know what happened....they had only heard rumors this morning and were speculating things could get bad today from the rumors they were hearing (most everyone on this board already knew these rumors). More will be coming out in todays news cycle....I think we will know more about what will happen in the next few days....but I don't think this is over. That's why when Pitino was asked about the suspension, he didn't go into specifics about how long it would be

This thread is really showing the age of many posters and how long it has been since you've been in college.

These types of "encounters" happen very often at the U (or any college I'd presume) Athletes or no athletes. There is cocaine use, ecstasy use, etc., group sex, individual sex, lewd videos and lewd photos. And a good portion of it is completely consensual. (It's the cases where it's not or where people abuse do things the other doesn't consent to) It's college and kids do really stupid things and exploratory things. If you think this makes someone a bad, terrible, disgraceful person, you should probably just get a portable eye cleaning machine in order to cleanse yourself after making eye contact with any 18-22 year old you come across.

This all assumes the acts were consensual. As far as I'm concerned, his only mistake was presumably accidentally posting the video. I don't care who made the mistake and there really is no way to prove who made the mistake. I'm fine with the suspension. Even if it is for the rest of the year honestly. But this isn't even close to enough to get kicked off the team for good. As far as we know, no one was injured in this. No one is charging assault or distress. It is embarrassing for sure, both to Dorsey and the players and the female involved and the school and the program. I just don't see this as something to get really worked up about.

And keep remembering this is the same fan base who begged for Mbakwe and Royce to play (which I fully agreed with as well) when they were actually charged with crimes. Dorsey screws up and we want him, Mason, and Dupree off the team. Give me a break.

+1

This thread is really showing the age of many posters and how long it has been since you've been in college.

your post really shows your age. in the 60s it was the peace, love group sex era. in the 70s lsd and coke were every where. in the 80s it was coke, etc. nothing new to your era, except for phones and social media. casual sex and drugs are not unique to your generation. being idiots with phones and social media is.

your post really shows your age. in the 60s it was the peace, love group sex era. in the 70s lsd and coke were every where. in the 80s it was coke, etc. nothing new to your era, except for phones and social media. casual sex and drugs are not unique to your generation. being idiots with phones and social media is.

Fair enough :) excellent point.

This is most closely in line with my thinking, and not a first transgression.

From what's being reported I would surmise there were two male participants (the owner of the phone being one), while the 3rd party (also male) played the role of cameraman.

The problem is that there are three guys involved in this situation and I think it would be very difficult to treat one differently than the others. Maybe not fair but the court of public opinion isn't fair and that will be significant in the decision making process. It's hard to see them differentiating the instigator from the other participants even if everyone knows that without the instigator it would likely not have happened. Choose your friends carefully.

To add to that then. Really what people want Dorsey punished for then to me at least is being an idiot with a phone and social media. Which maybe some do feel is grounds for dismissal. I just personally don't feel that way. The fact he is having group sex, meh, Happens constantly.

It all comes down to if a crime was committed. No crime, probably be okay with them coming back against Wisconsin up to sitting out the year. If charges are filed at any time, especially with the current climate at the U, have to dismiss all three. Regardless of the record.

I am kind of shocked at many posters acting like they should be kicked out for the video. Due process and an investigation should be done to ensure it was "consensual" and to learn if the phone was stolen or not. Hopefully this is just a case of youthful stupidity.

As for when I went to college, 84-89, there was a particularly nasty scandal which happened in Madtown. Plus the football team had many sex related incidents in Sanford Hall. Plenty of drugs to go round just like today. (drug dealer four doors down from me in Frontier!) Block "E" was still going strong downtown. In short, lots of ways to get in trouble, maybe more than today! All I can say is, "Thank God there weren't cell phones!"

I was listening to KFAN this morning and they didn't even know what happened....they had only heard rumors this morning and were speculating things could get bad today from the rumors they were hearing (most everyone on this board already knew these rumors). More will be coming out in todays news cycle....I think we will know more about what will happen in the next few days....but I don't think this is over. That's why when Pitino was asked about the suspension, he didn't go into specifics about how long it would be

It makes sense that the staff and athletic department are going to try and question each of the people involved first.
Was the phone really stolen (that should be easy to find out) and Dorsey didn't post the videos? Who did post them?
Who stole the phone?
Did all of the people involved in the incident consent to the activities?
If Dorsey posted the videos (which I doubt)- I'm sure it's over for him, as that would be beyond tasteless, completely stupid and almost for sure would have been done without consent.
If the videos were not posted by any Gopher athlete - which seems to be the sane conclusion - then it comes down to whether or not it was all consensual. If not- any participant is gone.

I am kind of shocked at many posters acting like they should be kicked out for the video. Due process and an investigation should be done to ensure it was "consensual" and to learn if the phone was stolen or not. Hopefully this is just a case of youthful stupidity. As for when I went to college, 84-89, there was a particularly nasty scandal which happened in Madtown. Plus the football team had many sex related incidents in Sanford Hall. Plenty of drugs to go round just like today. (drug dealer four doors down from me in Frontier!) Block "E" was still going strong downtown. In short, lots of ways to get in trouble, maybe more than today! All I can say is, "Thank God there weren't cell phones!"

Thank you as well for pointing out my "age" comment was out of line. I will remove that from my post. Shouldn't have said it that way at all as others have pointed out.

My basic point stands, but that shot was totally unnecessary. Thanks.

Thank you as well for pointing out my "age" comment was out of line. I will remove that from my post. Shouldn't have said it that way at all as others have pointed out.

My basic point stands, but that shot was totally unnecessary. Thanks.

No worries Brah!

I just hope this is all cleared up by season ticket renewal time...

Was this an inter-racial film? Cause we all know how that adds unnecessary drama.

It makes sense that the staff and athletic department are going to try and question each of the people involved first.
Was the phone really stolen (that should be easy to find out) and Dorsey didn't post the videos? Who did post them?
Who stole the phone?
Did all of the people involved in the incident consent to the activities?
If Dorsey posted the videos (which I doubt)- I'm sure it's over for him, as that would be beyond tasteless, completely stupid and almost for sure would have been done without consent.
If the videos were not posted by any Gopher athlete - which seems to be the sane conclusion - then it comes down to whether or not it was all consensual. If not- any participant is gone.

Why is everyone thinking Dorsey did not post the videos on his Twitter? And if he did post them, why is it that he should he definitely be gone? I agree that it was incredibly poor judgement...to even videotape what was happening on your phone, but if there was consent...I'm not sure he should definitely be gone. If there wasn't consent....everyone involved should be gone.

Why is everyone thinking Dorsey did not post the videos on his Twitter? And if he did post them, why is it that he should he definitely be gone? I agree that it was incredibly poor judgement...to even videotape what was happening on your phone, but if there was consent...I'm not sure he should definitely be gone. If there wasn't consent....everyone involved should be gone.

And how do they get videotapes into phones anyways?

Was this an inter-racial film? Cause we all know how that adds unnecessary drama.

Yes for both. I think it was pretty clear that it was consensual in video one. The second video didn't really have any clear signs. She did look at the camera tho. Not that that really means anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because most people don't want to believe he would be that stupid.

Minnesota Gopher basketball:
Dorsey - Coach isn't a big fan of Owen Wilson and Kate Hudson films.
Mason - Why do you say that?
Dorsey - He just said he's done with You, Me, and Dupree.

From a friend. Can't take credit. Might not want to anyway.

Minnesota Gopher basketball:
Dorsey - Coach isn't a big fan of Owen Wilson and Kate Hudson films.
Mason - Why do you say that?
Dorsey - He just said he's done with You, Me, and Dupree.

From a friend. Can't take credit. Might not want to anyway.

It's from deadspin comments. Word for word.

Let's assume there's nothing illegal here...

If you're in charge of the program, do you want this to be the face of the program?

I mean it's already bad enough that they kept playing that warm-up video when they were 0-14. Now this...

Top Bottom