Mark Dantonio retiring

The way it sounds like Tucker handled his departure from Colorado should provide every B10 coach all they need when recruiting versus MSU in terms of integrity.
I would imagine most coaches tell kids they are staying if they don't have another job confirmed - even if looking. I can't imagine what the upside would be by saying "I might be here, but am hoping to leave."

I don’t see a coach that’s ever built a team into a winner, anywhere. The enormous contract is laughable. Chance of developing into a spectacular (and expensive) car wreck- high

OC at Michigan State. Not bad for a guy that was “never heard from again”.

Yep, playoffs, national title game, probs pulling about a million a year too (over a million if his salary gets doubled like Tucker's did). He's surely struggled after departing the U.

Last edited:

The 62 page Mel Tucker thread

key takeaways
1. Pages ~1-15 are familiar sounding Stuart Smalley self affirmations that CU is good enough and Tucker won’t leave, bought a house, engrained in the community- every fanbase engages in this and it will sound very familar.
2. Pages15-22 rumored MSU interview, followed by Tucker’s tweet about being committed to CU, laser focused on recruiting, media tour. Huge sigh of relief, doubters idiots.
3. Page 23 is where the gold starts and a mini version of the Holtz to Notre Dame reaction begins (albeit Holtz was a proven winner - but who cares?)

Instructive stuff

I would imagine most coaches tell kids they are staying if they don't have another job confirmed - even if looking. I can't imagine what the upside would be by saying "I might be here, but am hoping to leave."

You are correct but Tucker's willingness to bolt from CU after just one year is certainly something coaches will use when recruiting against MSU.

Saw Bielema and Calhoun from Air Force as two names to watch in next 36 hours for Colorado.

Top Bottom