Knuth No Longer with Team

I am guessing a number of the WI QBs will transfer once spring is done and they get a read of where they are on the depth chart. There is no clear starter there and I think Athan has the job here where some of our players thought they may compete for a starting role.
Mordecai appears to be pretty well set as the starting QB at wisconsin according to reports from spring practice. Evers has been a bit of a disappointment.

Something seems up when the top 2024 QB recruit decommits and the RS QB is hitting the bricks. Meanwhile WI has every single QB known to man on their roster.
Remember the insane horrible pure horse shit recruiting jer kill did at qb and DL ? Plus development coaching sucked also.
I will trust fleck on the recruiting and planned recruiting with zero hesitation.

I looked at some of his throwing, he has the physical tools, his accuracy needs work, most likely why he is in his situation. Reminds me of the 6'5" QB that transferred to the valley. Would be a good fit for his home state the rabbits.

Remember the insane horrible pure horse shit recruiting jer kill did at qb and DL ? Plus development coaching sucked also.
I will trust fleck on the recruiting and planned recruiting with zero hesitation.
He landed one good one, Streveler.

Just refused to play him.

Do you really think Cole Kramer would beat ANY BIG team? I don’t. Really disappointed that Knuth left the team. Perhaps their was a conflict with the new QB coach.

Yes. I remember trying to explain this over the winter here, and some struggling to understand. PJ'S motto is "the ball is the program", and PJ has been very conservative. Those who had Knuth ahead of the 5th year Sr weren't seeing the big picture. I feel VERY comfortable with Kramer as our #2. In fact, there have been very few times I've felt more comfortable with our #2 QB than going into this year.

I hate to see him go after all the excitement of his signing. The competition for the QB position must be intense.

He saw a crowded field and did not want to wait to start. This kid is a winner. I wish him luck.

One of the Dakota schools would make sense for Knuth.

Mordecai appears to be pretty well set as the starting QB at wisconsin according to reports from spring practice. Evers has been a bit of a disappointment.
I have seen some of the same reports, but I think their room will clear out after spring into the next season

Just saw this on 24/7.

MADISON, Wis. -- Wisconsin offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Phil Longo addressed the media on Wednesday to give the latest from spring ball.

Senior quarterback Tanner Mordecai has emerged as the No. 1 signal caller, while redshirt freshman Braedyn Locke has been getting the second-team reaps. In a surprise, redshirt freshman walk-on Marshall Howe is currently in the No. 3 spot, ahead of redshirt freshmen Nick Evers and Myles Burkett.

- AK is the undisputed starter

- Kramer is the undisputed back-up.

- Viotto was getting as many, or more reps than Knuth was.
Yep, regardless of how much more upside Viotta has than Kramer, Kramer is the clear backup.

Hell, he was the clear backup AK's freshman season for similar reasons. AK being the future of the program was the worst kept secret, but Kramer isn't going to come in and f things up and that's a valuable skill for a backup QB.

Being able to throw effectively is also a valuable skill….

Yes. I remember trying to explain this over the winter here, and some struggling to understand. PJ'S motto is "the ball is the program", and PJ has been very conservative. Those who had Knuth ahead of the 5th year Sr weren't seeing the big picture. I feel VERY comfortable with Kramer as our #2. In fact, there have been very few times I've felt more comfortable with our #2 QB than going into this year.
I think the issue is that as fans all any of us really get to see is how they throw the ball but that is only part of the equation in what makes up a good QB. Obviously arm talent is extremely important but other factors like understanding the gameplan, decision making and leadership are also extremely important.

If you put Knuth and Kramer on a field and had a throwing competition, Knuth would probably win, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is the better QB of the two.

Bad look for Knuth leaving in the middle of spring ball, IMO. Kramer isn’t really a B10 caliber QB he can caretake for a bit but nothing more than that. Glad to have him around but I’d hate to go into the teeth of the schedule with him under center. Hopefully, Votto or the legacy from Stillwater turn out to be ballers.

Bad look for Knuth leaving in the middle of spring ball, IMO. Kramer isn’t really a B10 caliber QB he can caretake for a bit but nothing more than that. Glad to have him around but I’d hate to go into the teeth of the schedule with him under center. Hopefully, Votto or the legacy from Stillwater turn out to be ballers.
Might be a case where they role with Kramer as the spot duty number two, but if they know AK would be out well in advance or for long term they’d bring out Viotto or mix him in.

Kramer is a veteran who brings a lot of intangibles and is the backup.

I haven't seen Jacob Knuth's name in the Transfer Portal yet.

Drew Viotto's ascendancy is exciting to watch. He is a hidden gem with good physical attributes and a burning desire.

Bad look for Knuth leaving in the middle of spring ball, IMO.
I don't think it really matters. If you need a QB, you're not going to care. For example, if Knuth had gone to Iowa and entered the portal in the middle of spring ball and we only had Kramer at QB, we'd be ecstatic if we could land Knuth and we wouldn't care less that he entered in the middle of spring ball.

Yep, regardless of how much more upside Viotta has than Kramer, Kramer is the clear backup.

Hell, he was the clear backup AK's freshman season for similar reasons. AK being the future of the program was the worst kept secret, but Kramer isn't going to come in and f things up and that's a valuable skill for a backup QB.
I mean he may not f things up in the sense that he won't turn the ball over a bunch, but if you need any semblance of a passing game, Kramer is not going to provide that.

Kramer is a veteran who brings a lot of intangibles and is the backup.

I haven't seen Jacob Knuth's name in the Transfer Portal yet.

Drew Viotto's ascendancy is exciting to watch. He is a hidden gem with good physical attributes and a burning desire.
Maybe a technicality at this point, but he did post it on Twitter.

I don't know....you felt Morgan wasn't a Big Ten caliber QB and yet we did pretty well with him under center for multiple years. :)

Many politics in the QB position.
We're still on this shit? Your son couldn't even see the field at a D3 school. I guess everyone is politically biased against him. Or, in reality, he's just not good enough.

We're still on this shit? Your son couldn't even see the field at a D3 school. I guess everyone is politically biased against him. Or, in reality, he's just not good enough.
Come visit me at the graduate school, I will take you on in a pickup basketball game. You can meet my girl fiend, she probably can beat you.

I mean he may not f things up in the sense that he won't turn the ball over a bunch, but if you need any semblance of a passing game, Kramer is not going to provide that.
The passing game would look different if Kramer is needed for an extended time. Short routes and screens, probably. They would work in throws to Tyler and Taylor out of the backfield.

Kramer is not a starting BT QB but he will get the job done if needed.

The passing game would look different if Kramer is needed for an extended time. Short routes and screens, probably. They would work in throws to Tyler and Taylor out of the backfield.

Kramer is not a starting BT QB but he will get the job done if needed.
I mean, based on everything we know about him, he most likely won't.

I don't mean to bash the kid, but if Kramer is ever playing significant snaps at QB that is not good.

I mean, based on everything we know about him, he most likely won't.

I don't mean to bash the kid, but if Kramer is ever playing significant snaps at QB that is not good.
Do we really know much about him? Dude has thrown 13 passes, what did we all see that has so many thinking he can’t complete a d1 pass? (He’s completed 8).

Do we really know much about him? Dude has thrown 13 passes, what did we all see that has so many thinking he can’t complete a d1 pass? (He’s completed 8).
Yeah I don't know why everyone is assuming he can't throw. I certainly haven't seen enough of him to make that judgment. AK looked brutal his first couple games. I wouldn't judge Kramer from just a few passes he's thrown in mop-up duty.

Top Bottom