Jordan Hinojosa - to North Dakota???

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before but I saw this on twitter

Visiting #UND are CB Alex Tillman (Houston), DL Jordan Hinojosa (Minnesota), and LB Dylan Bakker (West Hills CC).

While UND would be a surprising landing point, it's not that shocking. Word is he was having a difficult time getting admitted to Carlson, not to mention he was at the bottom of the DT depth chart, which includes Ndondo-Lay after spring practice and likely Richardson and Moore in about 6 weeks.

While UND would be a surprising landing point, it's not that shocking. Word is he was having a difficult time getting admitted to Carlson, not to mention he was at the bottom of the DT depth chart, which includes Ndondo-Lay after spring practice and likely Richardson and Moore in about 6 weeks.

Ndondo Lay is a DE but yeah, Legania and Peppers were ahead of him for second string DT so its not that big of a loss. I hope Richardson and Moore redshirt though.

After all the turmoil to get here in the first place, it seems strange.

Need to be legit 3 deep at DT. Injuries and rotation. Granted, not long ago we were not 1 deep.

that'd be quite a step down to switch and go to UND for business (and football) instead. wish him the best of luck no matter what.

Not sure if this has been posted before but I saw this on twitter

Visiting #UND are CB Alex Tillman (Houston), DL Jordan Hinojosa (Minnesota), and LB Dylan Bakker (West Hills CC).

Who exactly tweeted this? Would be nice to know the source...

I wish Jordan nothing but the best. If I remember right his dad did some posting on this board keeping us updated on his journey to the U. He seems like an energetic kid who was proud of being on the team.

Ndondo Lay is a DE but yeah, Legania and Peppers were ahead of him for second string DT so its not that big of a loss. I hope Richardson and Moore redshirt though.

Ndondo-Lay took a significant number of snaps at DT this spring. The staff has said multiple times that probably 3 of the freshman D-linemen are playing, and they have consistently talked up Richardson. At this point, even though he's not on campus yet, it would be surprising if he's not in the rotation sooner rather than later.

As for scholarships and oversigning, we now have some clarity. We oversigned by 3, and Foreman, Wilson, and Hinojosa are out.

I chatted with him for awhile after last years spring practice. Seemed like a very nice kid. I wish him nothing but the brst.

Handwriting on the wall or

Ndondo-Lay took a significant number of snaps at DT this spring. The staff has said multiple times that probably 3 of the freshman D-linemen are playing, and they have consistently talked up Richardson. At this point, even though he's not on campus yet, it would be surprising if he's not in the rotation sooner rather than later.

As for scholarships and oversigning, we now have some clarity. We oversigned by 3, and Foreman, Wilson, and Hinojosa are out.

do we know they are out? They are still on the roster. Not really doubting you at all, I just missed the news. Any idea where Wilson and Foreman are going? All three leaving after this semester? Still in school now, right? Thanks for the info.

do we know they are out? They are still on the roster. Not really doubting you at all, I just missed the news. Any idea where Wilson and Foreman are going? All three leaving after this semester? Still in school now, right? Thanks for the info.

Foreman was injured and hung it up, had some sort of surgery. I did see him attend a spring practice for a bit though.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/248932351.html

End comes for two

Dexter Foreman, a former backup quarterback who moved to wide receiver last fall, had hip surgery and probably won’t return to the Gophers.

He’ll keep his scholarship, but the team can get a medical waiver to award an additional scholarship to another player.

Another scholarship came available for the Gophers when wide receiver Cameron Wilson graduated and took a job.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/248932351.html

End comes for two

Dexter Foreman, a former backup quarterback who moved to wide receiver last fall, had hip surgery and probably won’t return to the Gophers.

He’ll keep his scholarship, but the team can get a medical waiver to award an additional scholarship to another player.

Another scholarship came available for the Gophers when wide receiver Cameron Wilson graduated and took a job.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Wrong. He was taking courses at Carlson. He got screwed. You saw both of his spring games. He was told he didn't fit. I guess MN has the best d-line in the NCAA. But he fought to get there. He fought and at least Mona said he was impressed with Jordan Hinojosa. I don't believe that he is not a fit.They did not like him, that's different. Never a positive drug test. 3.2 GPA. Everyone liked him. It's pure humiliation. But one thing is, his b$&ls are huge. Check your facts. And if you want me to get down and dirty, let me know. Coaches think they can mess with kids. It's a shame most of u do not know what's going on behind closed. I'm pissed because I told him MN was a good fit. He's a big boy. This will make him stronger.

Wrong. He was taking courses at Carlson. He got screwed. You saw both of his spring games. He was told he didn't fit. I guess MN has the best d-line in the NCAA. But he fought to get there. He fought and at least Mona said he was impressed with Jordan Hinojosa. I don't believe that he is not a fit.They did not like him, that's different. Never a positive drug test. 3.2 GPA. Everyone liked him. It's pure humiliation. But one thing is, his b$&ls are huge. Check your facts. And if you want me to get down and dirty, let me know. Coaches think they can mess with kids. It's a shame most of u do not know what's going on behind closed. I'm pissed because I told him MN was a good fit. He's a big boy. This will make him stronger.

Certainly hope for the best for Jordan. Seems like a positive kid who's obviously had to undergo a lot of change. Hope he finds a good fit and things work out for him with school, football and beyond.

This bums me out. I spoke to Jordan a few times over the past couple of years, and he seems like a great kid. Super high energy, and appeared to want to be here more than any place else. He worked with my two boys the past 2 years at camps, and I got to see how he interacted with the kids and the team. I was very excited to have him be a part of this team for a long time.

Best of luck. I know he'll land on his feet. He has the work ethic to achieve anything he puts his mind to.

Better to let things lay the way they are.

Let's not air dirty laundry on a message board. We get that the coaches don't think he is a fit. Good luck to Jordan, I liked what I saw of him last spring, thought he brought energy to the field. It is probably better for a player like Jordan to move on, leave and play somewhere else than stick around if a coach doesn't like him or doesn''t think he fits the scheme. Why not transfer to FSU, Tim Brewster is still there on staff and he may still like him or think he is a fit down there just a thougth. This is not a rip Brewster thread either, he was coach when Hinojosa was coach here so just a suggestion that he may be able to work something out for the kid, that is all.

Tired of athletes getting screwed

Why did they pull his scholarship if he has a3.2! That makes me angry! As for dirty laundry, my next rant will be to the regents.

Can we start an "All Things Angry Fathers of Players" thread?

Personally, I trust the coaches to put together the best roster possible. The fact that this player is headed to North Dakota, tells me that he was likely buried on the depth chart and wanted an easier route to the starting lineup - which is fine. I'm not ripping the kid, and being able to start is a valid reason for moving on...I might make the same decision. I just don't believe that there is some sinister collusion going on behind the scenes to keep a superior player down...if there was, there would be a line of large programs fighting for this guy.

Let's not air dirty laundry on a message board. We get that the coaches don't think he is a fit. Good luck to Jordan, I liked what I saw of him last spring, thought he brought energy to the field. It is probably better for a player like Jordan to move on, leave and play somewhere else than stick around if a coach doesn't like him or doesn''t think he fits the scheme. Why not transfer to FSU, Tim Brewster is still there on staff and he may still like him or think he is a fit down there just a thougth. This is not a rip Brewster thread either, he was coach when Hinojosa was coach here so just a suggestion that he may be able to work something out for the kid, that is all.

I belive Kill recruited Jordan.

Kill recruited jordan. And gopherhomer, it's not about being an angry father. If your children have or had some athletic ability, and you went through this process, seeing your posts, you'd be ranting and raving. I received the letter about him having his scholarship taken away on Jan, 21. I've kept my mouth shut until bs was been said. And yes, if you are a good player, and you came in later than expected, u get put in the dog house even if u are good. The facts are the facts. You guys even said you can't wait to see him play. So don't talk about angry fathers. I just pissed and the way he was treAted. It's people like u who never played football think u know it all. And NO, no down and dirty. I was just mad at someone talking crap without knowing.

I received the letter about him having his scholarship taken away on Jan, 21. I've kept my mouth shut until bs was been said.

It's none of my business and I understand if you do not want to answer but are there reasons given when this happens?

You and your son seem like stand-up guys. Best of luck to you both.

I don't know what is going on, but does stuff like this happen often? Not to name names, but I can think of one recent player who certainly did little to earn retain scholarship, but was on one for four years

Personally, I think there's more to this story. The U of M just can't pull someone's scholarship, it's a contract (with certain provisions from both sides).

I too continue to pull for Jordan. However, I am also a father and understand the family dynamics of this sort of thing. I think it's best for all involved to just walk away. I've had my share of being dealt with unjustly (I don't know the case here), but I've never regretting keeping things to myself. I have a way of letting my anger and personal feelings mixed up in business and keeping my mouth shut has served me well.

Good luck. I will be cheering for the team wherever Jordan ends up.

Kill recruited jordan. And gopherhomer, it's not about being an angry father. If your children have or had some athletic ability, and you went through this process, seeing your posts, you'd be ranting and raving. I received the letter about him having his scholarship taken away on Jan, 21. I've kept my mouth shut until bs was been said. And yes, if you are a good player, and you came in later than expected, u get put in the dog house even if u are good. The facts are the facts. You guys even said you can't wait to see him play. So don't talk about angry fathers. I just pissed and the way he was treAted. It's people like u who never played football think u know it all. And NO, no down and dirty. I was just mad at someone talking crap without knowing.

Just wondering, was it a situation where they let you guys know the scholarship wouldn't be renewed for the next school year as they're year to year? If so was there any reason given? Just find it odd that they'd say they aren't going to renew his scholarship but then keep giving him reps all Spring. IDK just seems like odd timing

My appologies for some reason I thought Brewster recruited Jordan.

My bad but I thought Brewster was the coach that had recruited Jordan, maybe that is why I thought Kills staff wasn't high on him. For what it's worth I think Jordan has a knack for shooting gaps, and could be a disruptive player on the field, I must see something these coaches don't agree with. Being from South Florida, what about FIU, Southern Florida, FAU even an FAMU those types of programs must have seen him play in High School, gotta be a better landing spot than North Dakota, and if North Dakota why not NDSU, that school has the better football program than the Sioux. I would think he would rather be closer to home after his experience at the U.

Top Bottom