Jerry Kill

Should Minnesota bring back Jerry Kill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lol Auburn isn't good. Their 3 SEC wins have come against teams that are a combined 2-19 in the conference.
LOL

He beat a Ferrari, just not one of the fast Ferraris!

Or putting it another way, not only did Kill beat an SEC team, he beat a team that has beatenen three other SEC teams!

And not only that, he did it with a traditionally bad team from CUSA!

It's gonna be hard to spin this away, so why try?

Jerry has had countless opportunities to apologize for the things he has said and done, including poking at PJ’s divorce, but he has the emotional maturity of a teenage girl. If you like Jerry that’s fine I’m not going to try to change your mind, but surely you can understand where the vitriol comes from.

And maybe you did have more fun at his games, but there were plenty of complaints back then about how slow and boring his teams were. Not saying I agree with the complaints, but his teams weren’t exactly known for keeping you on the edge of your seat.
I am way more of a PJ fan than a Jerry Kill fan but a Gopher fan having vitriol towards Kill is absurd to me. Kill helped us dog out of a hole but there wasn’t much upside there - PJ has been the better coach.

That said, having vitriol because he talked crap about Fleck seems overly sensitive. PJ’s not your wife, why get so emotionally invested in some personal crap between PJ and Kill that it causes vitriol?

In case you forgot here's your other Jerry Kill thread from earlier this week.;)

LOL

He beat a Ferrari, just not one of the fast Ferraris!

Or putting it another way, not only did Kill beat an SEC team, he beat a team that has beatenen three other SEC teams!

And not only that, he did it with a traditionally bad team from CUSA!

It's gonna be hard to spin this away, so why try?

PJ beat a team with 5 B1G wins who will be playing for the conference title game this season, with one of his worst teams.

Yeah I know it’s hard to continue to try and defend a guy who quit here, and was worse while he was here than the current staff.

Jerry Kill is better coach than PJ Fleck. All things considered though PJ has way more upside and is a better recruiter, a better seller of the product. PJ will just have to put his ego aside before a good O and D coordinator comes here. And that is what’s lacking the most.

Jerry Kill is better coach than PJ Fleck. All things considered though PJ has way more upside and is a better recruiter, a better seller of the product. PJ will just have to put his ego aside before a good O and D coordinator comes here. And that is what’s lacking the most.
That is an accurate comment.

A lot of people keep saying Kill quit, but the full story is he retired due to having so many seizures he wasn't getting any sleep.

But I know you Flecksters don't necessarily concern yourselves with facts.

A lot of people keep saying Kill quit, but the full story is he retired due to having so many seizures he wasn't getting any sleep.

He could control his seizures and continued to choose not to. Woe is Jerry though. Aw shucks.

Retired/Quit. Same difference. He left the Gophers, we hired a replacement.

Your ongoing obsession with comparing Kill to Fleck is meaningless because there was never a choice made between the two.

Have you looked at Iowa's schedule?

How has he done since then?

This thread is titled “Jerry Kill”. Knowing Kill was not up to the task as Gophers coach is not synonymous with being a Fleck champion.

Jerry Kill was unimpressive as coach here and, even if you don’t like the current coach, Kill needed to go (probably even earlier than he did) to give the program any chance at improvement.

Regarding performance past, present, and future - losing is baked into the marrow of MN sports, but especially the Gophers. If you don’t follow the program, you would never know the insane futility. Even the men’s BB team blowing a huge second-half lead to Mizzou on Thurs feeds this. In a few years not many will remember the context of that loss but it is just another cookie-cutter experience as a Gophs fan. And revisit the thread on largest comebacks - the Gophers have an impressively sad universe of being completely unable to overcome even minor deficits, while opponents capabilities to overcome our leads know no bounds. Candidly I’m not sure any coach can overcome this but you have to try.

Have you looked at Iowa's schedule?

How has he done since then?

Have you looked Auburns? Ol Jer beat a bottom tier SEC team this season while PJ beat a ranked and top 4 B1G team this season, at a place Jer never won.

Ol Jer also lost to a 3-8 UMass and a 4-8 Hawaii team this season, but I guess we already forgot about that. Aw shucks.

Totally agree

Have you looked Auburns? Ol Jer beat a bottom tier SEC team this season while PJ beat a ranked and top 4 B1G team this season, at a place Jer never won.

Ol Jer also lost to a 3-8 UMass and a 4-8 Hawaii team this season, but I guess we already forgot about that. Aw shucks.
How did PJ do against the absolute bottom of B1G west Purdue?

Jerry kill literally quit

Regardless of why he quit.
Sorry if this upsets you.

I think I finally understand the Weather Guy moniker. You are used to be wrong most of the time.

I am way more of a PJ fan than a Jerry Kill fan but a Gopher fan having vitriol towards Kill is absurd to me. Kill helped us dog out of a hole but there wasn’t much upside there - PJ has been the better coach.

That said, having vitriol because he talked crap about Fleck seems overly sensitive. PJ’s not your wife, why get so emotionally invested in some personal crap between PJ and Kill that it causes vitriol?
The vitriol for Jerry kill isn’t really at all because he talked shit about fleck

It is because he quit on the program, held the program ransom in the media hoping to land an admin job, acted like a 12 year old girl.

And it isn’t really vitriol for kill. I love kill. Good coach for the program. But he is a little kid. He is a little child.

Top Bottom