Jerry Kill

Should Minnesota bring back Jerry Kill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuff

©️
Reaction score
The old ball coach is winning games at NMSU where no one has won consistently since the late '50s into the '60s when Warren B. Woodson went 63-36-3.
Kill is currently sitting at 8-3.

Last edited:

ol' jer' is a ball coach. it's who he is, it's in his blood. he turns boys into men and football is his vehicle. he's also a fix it guy and ad's call him when their programs need fixin'. yes we have two bad loses in a row, but this program doesn't need fixin', we need to change our best and we will do so as a f.a.m.i.l.y, we will not do it brick by brick.

I love Jerry Kill and Im thankful for what he did here. What happened happened. He isnt coming back. I dont think after what happened with Claeys he would even want to.

And why would we want to hire a coach back who was worse here than our current coach, quit, and publicly trashed the school and current coach after leaving?

He went to a bowl in their year Zero also..... Just saying it can be done....

Kill does a better Iowa impersonation than Fleck. Fleck needs to build on 2019.

I am happy for him.

I will always have mixed feelings about Jerry.

He could build a program but not win bowl games, not win rivalry games. He was too loyal to his offensive coordinator. We clearly saw everything you could expect from Jerry at the P5 level. I want more than that.

And then he did everything he could to burn bridges on the way out… I can only assume he was disappointed by his health situation and took it out on his former employer.

Best of luck to him.

Let’s see how NMSU looks after they play Auburn this weekend.

Jerry Kill was a very good football coach here, made average recruits (along with his staff) better than than their rating. Biggest thing I remember was the total turnaround in the quality of tackling and toughness.
I think what pissed him off was PJ talking like he took over a total sh*t show. They were 9-4 with a nice bowl win.
Who would you rather follow in taking over a program, Jerry Kill or Tim Brewster?
That said, why does his name keep coming up, he has health issues and moved on, leave it there.

Regardless of potential health concerns, based on previous coaching efforts, Jerry Kill deserves all the credit he gets. His teams win and work hard. I'd take him again in a heartbeat, although Coyle would probably balk at it.

The old ball coach is winning games at NMSU where no one has won consistently since the late '50s into the '60s when Warren B. Woodson went 63-36-3.
Kill is currently sitting at 8-3.
Have they always played such weak schedules like they have since he took over?

He quit here before he got canned to avoid never being hired again.

IMHO, Kill came in after the Brewster debacle and he - at the very least - helped make MN competitive again. Players went to class. they had 2 8-win seasons and went to multiple bowl games.

at the very least, Kill and Claeys raised the floor from where Brewster left it. those teams may not have been offensive juggernauts, but they played solid defense and sent a number of players to the NFL.

I don't know what would have happened to the program if Kill had stayed healthy. but I appreciate what he did while he was here.

Top Bottom