Jerry Kill

Should Minnesota bring back Jerry Kill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many times did he beat Wisconsin?
And how many times did fleck beat Iowa his first 5 years - pretty circular reasoning, no? Unless you’re saying beating Wisconsin is the main bar. However, the Wisconsin bar has been lowered the last couple years. How many times would a Kill team have beaten the 2017-2022 Badgers, probably a couple times.

And how many times did fleck beat Iowa his first 5 years - pretty circular reasoning, no? Unless you’re saying beating Wisconsin is the main bar. However, the Wisconsin bar has been lowered the last couple years. How many times would a Kill team have beaten the 2017-2022 Badgers, probably a couple times.

That works both ways, how many times would a Fleck team have beaten a Wisconsin team during the Kill era? Probably a couple of times. Chryst was 43-18 in the B1G during his time at Wisconsin, it's not like he was bad, or even average. Overall Fleck is 4 -10 against WI/IA, Kill/Claeys were 2 - 10. Iowa has also had a better record while Fleck has been here compared to when Kill/Claeys were here.

Here's the W/L and WI ranking when they played:

Kill
2011 - 16 - L
2012 - UR - L
2013 - 16 - L
2014 - 14 - L

Claeys
2015 - UR - L
2016 - 5 - L

Fleck
2017 - 5 - L
2018 - UR - W
2019 - 12 - L
2020 - UR - L
2021 - 14 - W
2022 - UR - W

So Fleck beat a 14th ranked WI team, and that was the highest they were ever ranked when Kill played them. Kill/Claeys had 2 chances against an unranked WI team, and they were 0-2. Fleck has had 3 chances so far and Fleck is 2-1, and honestly should be 3-0 because they choked that COVID season game away.

Fleck has been a step up against our main 2 rivals over the Kill era.

Fleck has been a step up against our main 2 rivals over the Kill era.
Which two rivals? Two main rivals to me are Iowa and Wisconsin.

Kill was 2-2 versus Iowa as head coach.
Fleck is 1-6 versus Iowa as head coach.

They were very slow and very boring and lost every rivalry matchup. It was time for a change which he failed to get through gracefully.
Jerry was in possession of the broken chair, Governor's Bell, Floyd, and the little Brown Jug after the 2014 season. But lets not let facts get in the way.

Last edited:

Which two rivals? Two main rivals to me are Iowa and Wisconsin.

Kill was 2-2 versus Iowa as head coach.
Fleck is 1-6 versus Iowa as head coach.

Me too, so why did you leave out Wisconsin for both?

Me too, so why did you leave out Wisconsin for both?
You said Fleck is step up versus our 2 main rivals. I'm pointing out that your are incorrect about Iowa. Fleck has only 1 win versus Jerry's 2 wins.

I agree with you on Fleck being better against Wisconsin.

Last edited:

You said Fleck is step up versus our 2 main rivals. I'm pointing out that your are incorrect about Iowa. Fleck has only 1 win versus Jerry's 2 wins.

I agree with you on Wisconsin.

I'll take the 3 game advantage by PJ over Wisconsin vs the 1 game advantage by Kill over Iowa.

Iowa was also never ranked during the Kill era. They have been ranked 3 times when PJ played them, including this year when he beat them.

I'll take the 3 game advantage by PJ over Wisconsin vs the 1 game advantage by Kill over Iowa.

Iowa was also never ranked during the Kill era. They have been ranked 3 times when PJ played them, including this year when he beat them.
I understand now. I misunderstood your original post.

Lol Auburn isn't good. Their 3 SEC wins have come against teams that are a combined 2-19 in the conference.

Lol Auburn isn't good. Their 3 SEC wins have come against teams that are a combined 2-19 in the conference.
No, they are not. Still, Auburn was a 3 TD favorite and I’m willing to bet New Mexico State has never beaten and SEC team, much less on the road. I just like the fact that Kill had his team prepared for this game and it has shown. Our coaches could learn a few things from what is happening on the plains today.

No, they are not. Still, Auburn was a 3 TD favorite and I’m willing to bet New Mexico State has never beaten and SEC team, much less on the road. I just like the fact that Kill had his team prepared for this game and it has shown. Our coaches could learn a few things from what is happening on the plains today.

Our coaches deserve criticism for a lot of things this year. But our coaches have also beaten a top 10 Auburn team, and far more ranked opponents than Jerry ever did here.

Our coaches deserve criticism for a lot of things this year. But our coaches have also beaten a top 10 Auburn team, and far more ranked opponents than Jerry ever did here.
Since Fleck likes nautical references. The Titanic also looked pretty good before it sank.

Just for the record, I’m not advocating for Kill to ever come back here, I’m more advocating for our head coach to change every thing about himself and his football philosophy, or he can row his ass elsewhere.

New Mexico State and Kill should get a lot of credit for beating an SEC team in Auburn and 31-10 at that. Good for them too.

But if you looked at the poll numbers in this, the 20 or 30th thread on Jerry Kill, the vote was 107 to 13 that people didn't want him to come back. I was in the majority in that vote.

Yet, they'll be another trolling attempt with Kill's name on it again soon.

The old ball coach took some chances. Got a first down on a fake punt on 4th down up 17-7. Scored a touchdown going for it on 4th down and goal.

NMSU 31
Auburnt 10

Last edited:

Top Bottom