Jerry Kill

Should Minnesota bring back Jerry Kill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The vitriol for Jerry kill isn’t really at all because he talked shit about fleck

It is because he quit on the program, held the program ransom in the media hoping to land an admin job, acted like a 12 year old girl.

And it isn’t really vitriol for kill. I love kill. Good coach for the program. But he is a little kid. He is a little child.
How did he quit on the program?

I agree with your last point. I think Kill is thin skinned and immature. I just don't have any hatred for the guy (not saying you do). I also wish him luck and root for him. He's a Gopher.

I think I finally understand the Weather Guy moniker. You are used to be wrong most of the time.

PJ Fleck is a better coach than Jerry Kill. That is a fact by whatever metric you want to use. I'm sorry facts bother you Killster's so much.

PJ Fleck is a better coach than Jerry Kill. That is a fact by whatever metric you want to use. I'm sorry facts bother you Killster's so much.
Kill only lost to OSU by 7 in their National Championship Year. How did PJ do today?

How did he quit on the program?

I agree with your last point. I think Kill is thin skinned and immature. I just don't have any hatred for the guy (not saying you do). I also wish him luck and root for him. He's a Gopher.
He literally quit

That's like saying Kirk Cousins quit on the Vikings this year. The guy has serious health conditions.
Woah, Kirk cousins isn’t a Viking anymore?
Take a leave of absence for health reasons might be comparable to an injury. Literally quitting is literally quitting. Regardless of circumstance. He quit.
He didn’t retire.
He wasn’t fired.

He quit.

And that’s fine. I’m not mad about it. It’s just a fact

They look pretty good huh?

NMSU 31
Auburnt 10
Credit where credit is due....nice win in a tough place to play. Doesn't change the fact that wanting Kill back is a foolish take.....but they are having a good year and that was an impressive win over a solid Auburn team.

Woulda been nice if Kill beat an SEC team when he coached here, or won 9 games, or a bowl game. He does do pretty well in G5 and FCS conferences though, he doesn’t do that better than Fleck either though.

Lol it’s not. Neither is Kills record when he was here, maybe if I count close losses as good things like you.
Kill took over a 3-9 gopher team and fleck took over a 9-4 team. But I know you Flecksters don't like facts.

That's like saying Kirk Cousins quit on the Vikings this year. The guy has serious health conditions.

No it's not. It's more like saying Kirk Cousins decided to retire and not rehab his achilles. JK knew what he needed to do to keep his seizures under control, and he repeatedly stated that himself. He also stated that him not following what he should do led to his seizure problems again.

Kill still has epilepsy, why is it not an issue today? Him quitting was completely within his control.

No it's not. It's more like saying Kirk Cousins decided to retire and not rehab his achilles. JK knew what he needed to do to keep his seizures under control, and he repeatedly stated that himself. He also stated that him not following what he should do led to his seizure problems again.

Kill still has epilepsy, why is it not an issue today? Him quitting was completely within his control.
You're a weather guy and Kill's doctor now?

Take a leave of absence for health reasons might be comparable to an injury. Literally quitting is literally quitting. Regardless of circumstance. He quit.
He didn’t retire.
He wasn’t fired.

He quit.

As the Great Spicoli once said—You Dick!!

Kill only lost to OSU by 7 in their National Championship Year. How did PJ do today?

Wow, congrats on the moral victory. It was still a loss, just like today.

That was also JK's best Gopher team and this is not PJ's best team. How many top 10 opponents did they beat that year? How many top 20 opponents did JK ever beat here? 0

PJ's best team beat two top 10 teams, including #4 Penn St and #10 Auburn. I'll take wins over losses any day.

Kill took over a 3-9 gopher team and fleck took over a 9-4 team. But I know you Flecksters don't like facts.
So? How many extra years does that mean Kill would’ve needed to have the same success?

Wow, congrats on the moral victory. It was still a loss, just like today.

That was also JK's best Gopher team and this is not PJ's best team. How many top 10 opponents did they beat that year? How many top 20 opponents did JK ever beat here? 0

PJ's best team beat two top 10 teams, including #4 Penn St and #10 Auburn. I'll take wins over losses any day.
Like I said earlier, the Titanic looked pretty good before it sank.

I don't want Kill back as head coach either. I started this poll to troll the poster who tried to shutdown the conversations of Fleck being fired.

The banter was fun. But I am signing out of this thread.

Good win for NMSU
If he wasn’t so old with a health history he may get a shot at a P5

So? How many extra years does that mean Kill would’ve needed to have the same success?
I don’t know what that means, but Kill certainly if he would’ve stayed had the makings of really good teams, but the wildcard that will never know is could he recruit an even serviceable quarterback. Without Morgan, ‘19 never happens. Now, he fell off the cliff post ‘19 but, he was all that for one great season.

Like I said earlier, the Titanic looked pretty good before it sank.

I don't want Kill back as head coach either. I started this poll to troll the poster who tried to shutdown the conversations of Fleck being fired.

The banter was fun. But I am signing out of this thread.

Aw shucks

Let’s see how NMSU looks after they play Auburn this weekend.
Lil Crow Pie?
Just to be clear...I don't want Jerry back. I do think he is a solid coach. I also think he is a little messed up but, I don't think he deserves all the bashing and all the discrediting of his accomplishments at Minnesota which were many.

I don't know if they are under control anymore. He missed a week this year due to a "medical issue". He retired from Rutgers due to seizures.

Honest question, have you ever met people with epilepsy? The things you do to keep them "under control" don't always work. A lot of them still, occasionally, get seizures.

I am way more of a PJ fan than a Jerry Kill fan but a Gopher fan having vitriol towards Kill is absurd to me. Kill helped us dog out of a hole but there wasn’t much upside there - PJ has been the better coach.

That said, having vitriol because he talked crap about Fleck seems overly sensitive. PJ’s not your wife, why get so emotionally invested in some personal crap between PJ and Kill that it causes vitriol?
It’s not like I sit around every day stewing about what Jerry has said. I’ve moved on from it, but it is reflective of Jerry’s character IMO, and it’s why I don’t think highly of him. I don’t think I or most of the people in my camp necessarily have vitriol, we just don’t think Jerry’s a great guy. I’m not bothered by his success at NMSU, he’s a good coach and deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done there. I will always appreciate what he did here, I’m just not going to act like he’s a good person.

He didn’t retire.
He wasn’t fired.

He quit.

He is, but he just quit on them this year. Just like the quitter Kirby Puckett.

Regardless of circumstances? LOL. You don't really believe this.

He did retire. People can come back from retirements. They do it all the time.

It’s not like I sit around every day stewing about what Jerry has said. I’ve moved on from it, but it is reflective of Jerry’s character IMO, and it’s why I don’t think highly of him. I don’t think I or most of the people in my camp necessarily have vitriol, we just don’t think Jerry’s a great guy. I’m not bothered by his success at NMSU, he’s a good coach and deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done there. I will always appreciate what he did here, I’m just not going to act like he’s a good person.
Vitriol was your word or at least you were using it in the post I responded to.

To your last point, sure. But can you say that about many coaches? Do you think PJ is a good guy?

I don’t miss Kill but Brewster had huge culture issues. Kill did the heavy lifting and fixed them. PJ claimed to need to fix them again. Kill got pissed and stays that way. I kinda get it.

let's face it. Jerry said bad things about Fleck.

So the hard-core Fleck fans now consider Kill to be the enemy.

not the first coaching feud and won't be the last.

some people didn't like Kill's "Country Jer" persona. Some people don't like Fleck's "elite" persona.

this is a debate/argument that will never be settled.

for the record, I liked Kill when he was at MN. I'm happy that he seems to be in a better place with his health, and I'm happy to see him having success as a coach.

Top Bottom