JD Spielman

Speaking of mentally ill, this brought me up to recall some of the most deranged things I have seen in my 11 years hanging out at Gopherhole and that in turn got me thinking about the Iowa guy Pantherhawk that used to spend endless amounts of time trolling anything related to Gopher football on any message board, recruit twitter, public forum, etc. that he could. Pretty much every other B1G fan board ended up banning him too. It was so strange because he spent far more time trolling anything Gopher related and basically no time showing any inclination to actually be a fan of any team. His whole purpose was just to troll the Gophers. What ever happened to him?

giphy.gif

Ha! I posted on that thread. Blast from the past. At some point, the dude just seems to have faded away.

My mother used to say something about a taste of your own medicine. I can't remember - I never really listened to her anyway.

Why so much hate on Spoofin?

He's far from the worst poster on this board and occasionally makes me laugh.

Wait...all those people are the same poster? Have I been that busy crying in the basketball forum that I've missed this?

As someone who is generally on here a lot, I'm disappointed in myself.

Why so much hate on Spoofin?

He's far from the worst poster on this board and occasionally makes me laugh.

"He's fast form the worst poster" is a ringing endorsement for most of us. You suck, but a bunch of people suck more ;)

It's medically related and they expect him back for summer workouts.

Wouldn't he need to be attending classes to retain his eligibility? Suppose there are ways to work around all that if it is medical, just seemed a little odd that he is back home in Minnesota.

Someone prove me wrong: he can take the final courses he needs from UNL, online, here at home.

That would allow him to graduate from UNL in May with his bachelor's.

Anyone want to guess what he might do, then?

Someone prove me wrong: he can take the final courses he needs from UNL, online, here at home.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he has the "meat and potatoes" of his degree done and simply needs filler to graduate, stuff he can easily take online. Whether he's coming here or not, I'd think he'd have to get some classes done this spring to stay eligible.

Does open up an interesting question - with the focus on mental illness being taken more seriously, if a student needs to take a leave to deal with a mental illness (anxiety, depression, whatever else), I wonder if they can get a waiver from the NCAA to walk away from classes for a semester and come back. I know in the past you couldn't do that (a former Gopher RB ended up dropping out over that type of issue according to a then teammate).

NFL Draft?

Heard today from somebody I'd trust (but can't name here) that he will be able to graduate in May and that his grad transfer paperwork is all ready to go. He'll be here for summer.

Heard today from somebody I'd trust (but can't name here) that he will be able to graduate in May and that his grad transfer paperwork is all ready to go. He'll be here for summer.
Walk-on then? Otherwise I think we’d have to ask McGill to maroon shirt.

Top Bottom