JD Spielman

No idea whether he'd walk-on or if they have a plan for a scholarship, all I heard is that he's planning to graduate and be here in May.

I had kind of jumped off the JD to Minnesota bandwagon but this current move makes me think it may very well be back in play. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. While I think we can survive without him, he would add a really nice dynamic weapon to our offense to go along with the ones we already have. And potentially could be a big piece in the return game as well.

I had kind of jumped off the JD to Minnesota bandwagon but this current move makes me think it may very well be back in play. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. While I think we can survive without him, he would add a really nice dynamic weapon to our offense to go along with the ones we already have. And potentially could be a big piece in the return game as well.
This is a prime example why people need to keep coming to GH for information. Lots of good info on the board you won't find elsewhere. :)

The obsession Gopher fans have with JD Spielman baffles me.

I’m currently in Antarctica doing global warming research and I have a coworker here who is distant relative to JD! He told me that JD will graduate transfer to Minnesota and he ready to go for summer/fall!

The obsession Gopher fans have with JD Spielman baffles me.
I think there's only a perceived obsession because there have been rumors about the possibility of him transferring here. How legitimate the rumors are I have no idea, but I don't know why it's baffling that the idea of adding one of the best receivers in the Big 10, while at the same time hurting a division rival, would excite people.

I’m currently in Antarctica doing global warming research and I have a coworker here who is distant relative to JD! He told me that JD will graduate transfer to Minnesota and he ready to go for summer/fall!
Antarctica summer? That's winter here.....then he'd miss the whole season!

I think there's only a perceived obsession because there have been rumors about the possibility of him transferring here. How legitimate the rumors are I have no idea, but I don't know why it's baffling that the idea of adding one of the best receivers in the Big 10, while at the same time hurting a division rival, would excite people.

Because we’ve filled dozens of pages and multiple threads, talking about mostly baseless rumors. I think he’s a decent player, but probably a little overrated by Gopher fans. I still remember that he couldn’t hold on to the ball in the game against us the last season.

I’d rather he didn’t come here at this point.

Because we’ve filled dozens of pages and multiple threads, talking about mostly baseless rumors. I think he’s a decent player, but probably a little overrated by Gopher fans. I still remember that he couldn’t hold on to the ball in the game against us the last season.

I’d rather he didn’t come here at this point.
1. It's the offseason, so there's not as much to talk about.
2. A good portion of this thread is people making joke/having fun with the situation.
3. Whether or not he's overrated would depend on where you believe he is "rated", but he would absolutely be a fantastic addition to this team and is one of the best WR in the conference. He would be an excellent replacement for TJ as our #2. He also had a 51 yard reception in the game against us that you are referencing. In 2017 he put up 141 yards on us. In 2018 he had 77 and a TD. If you'd prefer he not come here, that's fine as you are entitled to your preferences, but I don't know what type of logic would make someone not want him on our team.

He is set to become Nebraska's all-time leading receiver. We also had the worst punt returns in history. Why the obsession? Oh, I don't know.......becoming a better team always intrigues me.

You should have your buddy Pitino try that.

I don’t believe he would make the team better. Too many red flags. Sorry.

None of which comes from you.
I’d try to explain to you how precious this statement is coming from someone banned 16-times and counting but I realize the odds you would even understand the irony. Sharp as a tack NJG, no doubt about that.

Have you insulted Shooter’s kids yet? That would show him and be totally rad.

Didn't Carter Coughlin try to convince him to become a Gopher as part of the Empire Class? Antoine Winfield, Jr. did.

Instead, he decided to go to the dark side, erh red side.

Fleck hinted at a grad transfer in his press conference today

Fleck hinted at a grad transfer in his press conference today

OIP.vApJD71q8obAI1d0LwSa6AHaEx

Didn't Carter Coughlin try to convince him to become a Gopher as part of the Empire Class? Antoine Winfield, Jr. did.

Instead, he decided to go to the dark side, erh red side.

Because he wanted to play WR, and the Gophers staff at that time didn't want him as a WR.

I love this thread!! I would love it if he transferred here, but if not this is still one of my favorite threads. The combination of serious sports talk and joking around is entertaining.

Many of us are wondering what the red flags are. Care to elaborate how he is a bad guy? I like him personally and believe he would fit well with the team.
Maybe the same character issues as TJ?

Top Bottom