JD Spielman

Only on Gopherhole can one argue whether 1 of the best BigTen receivers could add value to our team. He would be a great addition and it would say a ton if he came here. His unique speed would be a dream come true for special teams and this offense.
It would say very poor things about what he thinks of Frost and his system and ability to develop him into an NFL wide out.

PJ and Simon developed TJ into a better wideout than JDS was last year. Think JDS wants that more than anything.

Bonus of being on a winning team that’s trending up, great culture, much better city, and coming home.

It would say very poor things about what he thinks of Frost and his system and ability to develop him into an NFL wide out.

PJ and Simon developed TJ into a better wideout than JDS was last year. Think JDS wants that more than anything.

Bonus of being on a winning team that’s trending up, great culture, much better city, and coming home.
Careful, someone might attack you for saying JD isn't the best WR ever.

Wonder if even could have JDS take online courses remotely this spring and live up in the Cities, and workout/practice at the Vikings facility? Would be awesome for him I’m sure.

CAB hasn't gotten nearly enough time to effectively judge his on the field performance. All I know is that when the ball gets thrown to him....he almost never drops a pass. He makes plays. Hell....we were one miraculous catch from having a Fresno State loss tacked onto our record because of his (and Morgan's) play.

Not his fault that he was stuck behind the two First Team All Big Ten receivers. There's almost no reason why any Gophers "fans" can come to the conclusion that CAB wouldn't be our #2 receiver over Spielman.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. JD chose Nebraska over us. CAB has been here. If JD wants to come and we have room? Great. But he doesn't deserve to have things handed to him. CAB has done nothing but make plays for us. If Spielman deserves to be the #2 guy....he'll have to beat him out....and I'm not convinced that he could.

How many years would he have to play? Also would he be immediately eligible to play as a grad transfer?

*If* this turns out to be true, but he only has 1 year left, would PJ take him? He's stated that he's generally more interested in Grad transfers that have more than 1 year left of play time, but also the story line of a hometown player transferring back to the Gophers is compelling, especially if he has a breakout year and helps the team make it to the Big Ten Championship.

Wonder if even could have JDS take online courses remotely this spring and live up in the Cities, and workout/practice at the Vikings facility? Would be awesome for him I’m sure.
He cannot workout at the Vikings facility regularly even though his dad works there, it would be a direct violation of NCAA rules and cause him to be ineligible. He could be an invited guest and likely use the facillities a few times, if he was doing something like this daily, the NCAA would not let him remain eligible.

How many years would he have to play? Also would he be immediately eligible to play as a grad transfer?

*If* this turns out to be true, but he only has 1 year left, would PJ take him? He's stated that he's generally more interested in Grad transfers that have more than 1 year left of play time, but also the story line of a hometown player transferring back to the Gophers is compelling, especially if he has a breakout year and helps the team make it to the Big Ten Championship.
One year left and I believe he could play right away as grad transfer.

JD would probably do well here. I'm of the belief that Demetrius Douglas will continue to improve and be a bigger contributor. My two favorites who have yet to see the field are Mike Brown-Stephens and Nnamdi Adim-Madumere. Both of those guys are have all big ten written all over them.

JD would probably do well here. I'm of the belief that Demetrius Douglas will continue to improve and be a bigger contributor. My two favorites who have yet to see the field are Mike Brown-Stephens and Nnamdi Adim-Madumere. Both of those guys are have all big ten written all over them.
That seems a bit arrogant....

Was this hazing related? OR by choice? Was it pen or marker?

Not sure on MBS, definitely like the potential. Nam has a long way to go to see the field at WR. In fact, I would be shocked if he ever does. Wouldn’t bet against our staff for developing WRs but I foresee a position change.

Not sure on MBS, definitely like the potential. Nam has a long way to go to see the field at WR. In fact, I would be shocked if he ever does. Wouldn’t bet against our staff for developing WRs but I foresee a position change.
TE , DE or LB

I was hoping this thread was about the elder Spielman's drafting expertise, apparently it's not, ha ha. His drafting has been below par for 15 years and we can't even catch the Packers. Sorry to hijack the thread but it is was it is.

I can't imagine getting so stressed out over another person's opinion like you are. Maybe you should have read the multiple posts where I said if he wants to come and PJ wants him then great? Does the spielman family pay you to go around attacking anybody who doesn't think JD isn't the greatest WR ever? Bateman is much better than spielman, I think CAB is better and has been stuck behind TJ and Bateman and is due to have a break out year. I 100% stick by my I'm not that impressed with him, especially after watching TJ the last 4 years and Bateman the last 2. There are other players I'm not that impressed with too, I don't think your brain could handle me listing them.
I’m not really stressed out I just think you are an idiot. Results matter some to me.

Only on Gopherhole can one argue whether 1 of the best BigTen receivers could add value to our team. He would be a great addition and it would say a ton if he came here. His unique speed would be a dream come true for special teams and this offense.
Not B1G caliber, get real

I was hoping this thread was about the elder Spielman's drafting expertise, apparently it's not, ha ha. His drafting has been below par for 15 years and we can't even catch the Packers. Sorry to hijack the thread but it is was it is.
? Why in the world would you think that this thread is about the elder Spielman? Your head is in the sand.

but did you watch the multiple other games where bottlebass thought he was unimpressive?
His take is one of the worst ever here. Dude is really, really good. No idea if there is anything to any of this but he would be a elite pickup for sure.

Hard to completely evaluate Spielman because the poor guy hasn't had a QB that could hit him in stride on a route. If JD had someone like Morgan that can give him a chance to make a play I think he will thrive at Minnesota. Seems like he was a total phenom as a freshman but hanse necessarily gotten better, not sure that's his fault. Would love to have him!
Love the jab at Martinez. About as overrated as it gets.

#2Gopher, please excuse me for offending your Packer senisibilities, Are you sure you're not showing your cheesy backside? I've been here a lot longer here than you have. I'd rater get rid of the elder than add the junior , he had his chance a long time ago.

IMHO, if PJ Fleck decides to accept JDS as a transfer it could mean that he thinks he can help the Offense significantly.

Does that mean that the current RS FR and FR are not ready or are unable to step up? Maybe. Will some have position changes? Maybe. We will see who will emerge out of this group of young WRs.

Having JDS transfer back to MN may give signals other home town boys. If they are good enough to make an impact, they have a chance at possibly return home to help build championships. That is, if there is a need.

There is a certain OL that got away that I wish would reconsider returning home.

His take is one of the worst ever here. Dude is really, really good. No idea if there is anything to any of this but he would be a elite pickup for sure.

Yeah there is basically one person in this thread that doesn't want JD, everyone else would be more than happy to see him come back home for his final year.

If it happens, it will be because the coaches believe he can help us. I'm all for anything that might make our offense even better, and if he can help in the return game as well, let's go. Sounds like we will have to wait a few weeks to find out his final decision.

If it happens, great.....if it doesn't, oh well. Offense should be really good no matter what but JDS could add even more firepower to the mix if he comes home.

#2Gopher, please excuse me for offending your Packer senisibilities, Are you sure you're not showing your cheesy backside? I've been here a lot longer here than you have. I'd rater get rid of the elder than add the junior , he had his chance a long time ago.
Not a Packer fan at all. Rooted strongly against them yesterday. I'm not a great fan of the elder either, but he wasn't the issue on this thread. Rather a stupid comment against him on this thread and started talking about the Vikings that had nothing to do with his son. Furthermore the Gopher Coaching Staff screwed up big time when they wouldn't pin point a position that he wanted to play. They said said they would talk about it after he enrolled. What coach says that? I wouldn't commit either if I had my heart set on playing a particular position. Gophers had their chance, but they wouldn't listen. Furthermore I don't care if you've been on here longer than I have. What difference does that make? Are you Sid or Pat?

I will say this. We could use him in the return game. It would be kinda cool to see if we could create some sort of package giving JD a flex, Rondale Moore-like, role. Maybe have Seth Green in at his normal wildcat role, and it would add a wrinkle. Make the defense wonder if Green is going to go up the middle, pass to a TE, or hand it off to JD on a sweep. Sounds kinda deadly to me

My apologies if I missed this but Nebraska just got a new OC. It will be interesting if that affects JD’s decision, if in fact he is making a decision. I’d rather have him here than there. I also think CrAB is going to be fun to watch.

Top Bottom