Jacob Knuth Commits!

Trey Heide QB at Lakeville North at the same time. He went on to be one of the best players in all of D2 at Augustana.

Do I think he would have been as good as Leidner in the Big 10? Probably not. Mitch had 99 career TDs. I am not a Leidner fan boy, but some of the hot takes on this board force rationale people to defend outrageous takes.
Well I never said that the other two guys I’m talking about would’ve been college players. I’m simply saying he wasn’t even that good his senior year compared to his peers.

Heide was a classic MN late bloomer who never got big time looks because the big boys were full before He broke out.
parsons at Eagan beat Lakeville South head to head that year but then broke his collarbone or something week 2 of the same season. Mitch had a much better supporting cast. parsons ended up playing WR at St Cloud St.
All 3 were good high school quarterbacks. As a HS QB I would’ve taken Liedner 3rd in that group. At the college level first or second with Hiede. Heide might have been star tribune player of the year or something that year.

There's only one poster who can't let Leidner go. Ignore them and move on.

The good news is that Knuth is very different than Leidner.

Well I never said that the other two guys I’m talking about would’ve been college players. I’m simply saying he wasn’t even that good his senior year compared to his peers.

Heide was a classic MN late bloomer who never got big time looks because the big boys were full before He broke out.
parsons at Eagan beat Lakeville South head to head that year but then broke his collarbone or something week 2 of the same season. Mitch had a much better supporting cast. parsons ended up playing WR at St Cloud St.
All 3 were good high school quarterbacks. As a HS QB I would’ve taken Liedner 3rd in that group. At the college level first or second with Hiede. Heide might have been star tribune player of the year or something that year.
Yeah, I actually don't think it's a massive stretch to think Heide could have been successful as a Big 10 QB, my comment was less directed at you and more directed at certain posters who obsess about Leidner's shortcomings.

Good looking kid. Definitely belongs with the U. Suck it wisconsin and Iowa!!!!

Will be nice having him and Athan competing for a heisman in a couple years..........
Lordy, we have two gems of a quarterback! Athan Kaliakmanis in 2021 and Jacob Knuth in 2022. Both are 6'4" and can run and pass.

There are hidden gems in the 2022 class. Two good recruiting classes in a row.

2021 - https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

2022 -https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

Knuth is currently a consensus 3 star on 247, do we think there's a chance he gets bumped up to a 4 star?

It's too bad we can't see him in some better competition than Sioux Falls area schools.

But I know the summer combine/camp circuits are legit, and guessing highly likely that Fleck and staff have evaluated him at such things against much better comp.

Hmm, after scoring he didn't hand the ball to the ref, are we sure we still want him? Guess we'll let it slide this time... Seriously though, nice to see that speed from a QB. We're gettin' a new wrinkle to our RUM offense.

One of the best Midwest QBs who has thrown for almost half as many INTs as he has TDs in his high school career? I appreciate the love for the program this guy has, but I keep looking back at his stats. Is there something I’m missing here? Didn’t Leidner not have great stats in high school too? Could he be Leidner 2.0?
His stats look pretty good this year.

There are those on the Husker board who feel Knuth will haunt Nebraska for years to come as the quarterback of Minnesota.

It's nice to see Dual threat QBs like Knuth on the Gophers team. The future of Gopher Football couldn't be more exciting as PJ Fleck encroaches on Nebraska's traditional recruiting grounds in the Dakotas.

Gopher County is expanding into the Dakotas and Wisconsin.

Jacob Knuth and and Maxx Grand (sp?) are just the beginning of PJ Fleck's recruiting wins.

Happy days are ahead for many long suffering Gopher fans!

Last edited:

There's only a handful of schools realistically with the size/demographics to hang with the SF and SF-bedroom community schools, and I feel like they've (H'burg) have already played, and beaten, them already this year. Would assume they'll win it all.

Recruiting sites probably don't invest much attention to the Dakotas because of the small population base. If you are PJ Fleck, one or two good regional players can make a difference to the team roster and depth.

PJ Fleck remains true to his word. Early in the beginning of his hire as the Gophers football coach, he said that he will focus heavily on a 500-mile radius for majority of his recruiting. That may change a little bit with the Transfer Portal. He is getting heard from folks in the Dakotas and Wisconsin.

Winning does that. Awarding many PWOs scholarships to kids who dreamed of becoming a Gopher does that. Player development in all sense of the word does that. People are beginning to see that behind PJ Fleck's quirky personality is a real genuine person who is a great teacher of life skills. He cares about his players and it shows.

Top Bottom