Jacob Knuth Commits!

My, but what a phony-baloney BS artist you are!

Tell me: Is GopherHole a "a pleasant place" for a former Gopher player like Mitch Leidner — dude?

Would a kid who is considering Minnesota enjoy reading what you and others like you post here about a former player who gave his all for the U? Would they be impressed by your support for the athletes — dude?
Thank God Murray is here to keep this thread focused on Mitch Leidner and attacking other posters.

Without his rigorous efforts this thread may have devolved into drivel like the new QB commit.

Thank God Murray is here to keep this thread focused on Mitch Leidner and attacking other posters.

Without his rigorous efforts this thread may have devolved into drivel like the new QB commit.
Eh, I disagree.

Thread would be fine if some folks didn't have a problem with some saying something nice about Mitch that they thought was too positive ...

Call me crazy but I think it's ok someone thinks a bit too highly of a gopher.

Eh, I disagree.

Thread would be fine if some folks didn't have a problem with some saying something nice about Mitch that they thought was too positive ...

Call me crazy but I think it's ok someone thinks a bit too highly of a gopher.

Thanks, Slab. Much appreciated.

I think it's pretty clear Morgan is a better passer than Leidner. He's also on better overall teams with much more talent on offense though. I always wonder what Weber could have done on a team like the 2019 Gophers.
In 2021, you’re still thinking about Adam Weber?

I knew Streveler had it - I just didn’t know what it was. J Kill.

per Randy:

Jacob Knuth decided Minnesota was the college program for him back in February, giving a verbal commitment to Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck.

And when the quarterback from Harrisburg, S.D., made an unofficial visit to campus on June 1 and followed up with his official visit last weekend, he wanted to do more than just check out the facilities. He figured he had a job to do, too.

"Ever since I committed, I've put my recruiting hat on and started building relationships with other recruits that the Gophers were interested in and worked hard to get them in the boat as well," Knuth said.

As a QB, Knuth is tapping his leadership skills, and he has help in that task from future teammates, too. Wide receiver Kristen Hoskins of Alexandria, Minn., and Knuth met at a camp in Florida in December, and both three-star recruits committed to Minnesota around the same time. They've been spreading the Minnesota gridiron gospel since, and they helped the Gophers land running back Zach Evans of Rockwall-Heath (Texas) High School.

"They were both telling me about what the program offers, what they felt about their experiences in recruiting with coach Fleck," said Evans, a three-star recruit who made his official visit to Minnesota from June 11-13. "That had a big influence, too."

Go Gophers!!

I wonder what AK 2021 commit is thinking? Well Knuth, will have two 5'8" WR to throw to in his class.

I wonder what AK 2021 commit is thinking? Well Knuth, will have two 5'8" WR to throw to in his class.
Taking 1 QB per recruiting class isn't all that uncommon, so I don't think Athan is thinking much of it past just having another person to compete with.

Highlights can be found here:

impressive stuff. Don't know much about the overall talent level of the competition but seems to have good vision, feels the rush and steps up in the pocket, can also throw on the run. Lot to like in that video.

If we made new threads for positive updates on current commitments such as "Jacob Knuth 2021 HS Highlights!" the heart attack rate on GH would be cut by 90%
It would be interesting to see stats on the recruits games though new thread or not. I know that Gopher Illustrated will sometimes pump stuff like that out but I feel like its pretty rare to see. It's also a huge pain to dig around high school sites for those stats so I understand it not being more readily available.

impressive stuff. Don't know much about the overall talent level of the competition but seems to have good vision, feels the rush and steps up in the pocket, can also throw on the run. Lot to like in that video.

He plays in the top class in SD, which is 3A. That class is fairly comparable to 5A in MN.

Just looked at the SD football rankings and it looks like they only rank five teams in each class.

WTH? Are there that few decent teams in that State?

Competition is at or better than the competition Trey Lance played against. Great leaders learn from past mistakes and I believe PJ is a great one. Don't let a great athlete with skills get away because they don't play anyone. They can't control who they play. At the same time Knuth at least was being heavily recruitied by others, while Trey was under everyones radar as a QB.

Competition is at or better than the competition Trey Lance played against. Great leaders learn from past mistakes and I believe PJ is a great one. Don't let a great athlete with skills get away because they don't play anyone. They can't control who they play. At the same time Knuth at least was being heavily recruitied by others, while Trey was under everyones radar as a QB.
This. My hometown played against Marshall and Harrisburg both in the late 2000's and we lost to Harrisburg twice and beat Marshall twice.

This. My hometown played against Marshall and Harrisburg both in the late 2000's and we lost to Harrisburg twice and beat Marshall twice.

That was when Harrisburg was still small and was a few classes lower. They are the fastest growing school district in the state, and will likely become the largest in the not too distant future.

It's similar to how the south and west Twin City metro schools have exploded over the last few decades.

Just looked at the SD football rankings and it looks like they only rank five teams in each class.

WTH? Are there that few decent teams in that State?
In the biggest class there are only like 10 teams total.

They are the fastest growing school district in the state, and will likely become the largest in the not too distant future.
Harrisburg school district will become larger than Sioux Falls school district in the not too distant future?

:sneaky:

Harrisburg school district will become larger than Sioux Falls school district in the not too distant future?

:sneaky:
Sioux Falls has 3 public schools, soon to be 4. So yes, it could be bigger than any one of them at some point.

Top Bottom