Hey! Look at who is back in the transfer portal and who else just entered it

Let's pry nba prospect Santi Aldama from Loyola Maryland

Holy God! The guy had outstanding numbers. I don't see him in the transfer portal and I wonder why. If you put up these kind of numbers, you likely could play almost anywhere.

Let's pry nba prospect Santi Aldama from Loyola Maryland
Holy God! The guy had outstanding numbers. I don't see him in the transfer portal and I wonder why. If you put up these kind of numbers, you likely could play almost anywhere.
He's legit, might end up declaring for the draft. Looks like an nba player and is really fun to watch. Not sure how he ended up at Loyola MD

Didn't make Marreon Jackson's top 4. On to Joseph Yesufu!

At least we're used to it. It's a little harder to feel excited about our Patriot and Colonial League recruits when they're pulling guys from Georgetown.
Yeah I was pumped about our recruits yesterday. But they went from almost losing their coach to getting good recruits from Georgetown and Rhode island. They'll be ranked preseason for sure

Looks like he's Serbian. Scored in double figures in all but one game (the last), had eight 20+ point games, and had five double digit rebound games. Shoots pretty well from 3 for a big man. Mediocre free throw shooter.

Indiana lands Pitt transfer Xavier Johnson, point guard averaged 14.2 points per game last season

New assistant coach Jamie McNeilly has a nephew named Cashius McNeilly. He is a freshman this year at Texas A&M but opted out because of covid. He’s a 6-4 combo guard and was a 4 star recruit from Canada who most likely followed his uncle down to Texas. Maybe he’ll be transfer portal option.

2019-20 MAAC player of the year Jalen Pickett has entered transfer portal. 12.9ppg/6.3rpg/4.9apg, Siena Guard has two years eligibility

2019-20 MAAC player of the year Jalen Pickett has entered transfer portal. 12.9ppg/6.3rpg/4.9apg, Siena Guard has two years eligibility

Good looking prospect! In addition to everything else he has a career 6.1/2.2 assist to turnover ratio which is really good for college ball.

If you like reading long form articles I would suggest it. I appreciate their in depth stories -- and I've been reading Britt Robson for years so it was a pull for me when he was on the Timberwolves beat.

It's definitely great for Wolves, Twins, Vikes and Wild. Not so much for Gophers - but if we have a good football season I'm sure they will step their coverage up again like the end of 2019

Thanks. By the way is athletic worth it?
I think it's well worth it. They've got some really, really good writers across all sports, and they've got regular discounts for students, educators, essential workers, and etc. There's a ton of great reading on that site.

Interesting names joining the portal today (total number will likely pass 1300 players tomorrow):

TJ Bickerstaff, Drexel. Nephew of JB, 6'9" sophomore who averaged 10 and 5 last season.

Tristan Clark, Baylor. 6'10" who was a standout before injuring his knee. Retired, but is coming back for one final season (grad transfer)

Pavel Zakharov, Gonzaga, 7'0" sophomore center/forward from Russia, highly ranked coming out of HS, has not gotten much PT.

Rollie Worster, Utah State, 6'2" freshman point guard, 9 ppg and 4 rpg

Anthony Mason, Jr., Florida International--only on this list because his dad is not the former Knick with the great line delivered by The Beastie Boys ("got my hair cut correct like Anthony Mason") because that Mason Jr. played several years ago for St. John's. Too many damn Anthony Masons running around out there.

Bryce Hamilton, UNLV, 6'4" shooting guard, similar to Carr in that he's declared for NBA draft but today also entered the portal. Averaged 18, 6, and 3 last season.

--------------------
I really need the coaching staff to get set and the roster being filled. I'm turning into a degenerate who's getting his fix every night before going to sleep, scanning the portal wire.

Last edited:

Interesting names joining the portal today (total number will likely pass 1300 players tomorrow):

TJ Bickerstaff, Drexel. Nephew of JB, 6'9" sophomore who averaged 10 and 5 last season.

Tristan Clark, Baylor. 6'10" who was a standout before injuring his knee. Retired, but is coming back for one final season (grad transfer)

Pavel Zakharov, Gonzaga, 7'0" sophomore center/forward from Russia, highly ranked coming out of HS, has not gotten much PT.

Rollie Worster, Utah State, 6'2" freshman point guard, 9 ppg and 4 rpg

Anthony Mason, Jr., Florida International--only on this list because his dad is not the former Knick with the great line delivered by The Beastie Boys ("got my hair cut correct like Anthony Mason") because that Mason Jr. played several years ago for St. John's. Too many damn Anthony Masons running around out there.

Bryce Hamilton, UNLV, 6'4" shooting guard, similar to Carr in that he's declared for NBA draft but today also entered the portal. Averaged 18, 6, and 3 last season.

--------------------
I really need the coaching staff to get set and the roster being filled. I'm turning into a degenerate who's getting his fix every night before going to sleep, scanning the portal wire.

Yes, that's an interesting group. Another interesting player who dropped into the portal in the last couple of days is Bucknell's Walter Ellis, the son of former Notre Dame standout, NBA player, and TV sports analyst LaPhonso Ellis.

The one I would like to most see BJ take a flyer on is the big Russian. Like you said, he hasn't played or shown much in his two years at Gonzaga but he was a pretty highly ranked recruit (consensus #59 in 2019) and played for a big time prep team (Montverde, same as Carr). I would be all right with just him and Pohto at center for the upcoming season. Couldn't be any worse than Bakary and Gaston. Plus, he would be only a two-year scholarship committal.

Is everybody convinced that the NCAA's certain to let all transfers play without sitting out a year? I'm not.

Top Bottom