Hey! Look at who is back in the transfer portal and who else just entered it

Is Dickinson back for Michigan? I think he is.

I'm pretty sure Illinois and Michigan St probably have someone in the wings - maybe new recruits.

I thought I read Maryland just got a new transfer big.
You may be right. I honestly don’t know. I wouldn’t say it’s loaded with those types of guys though. Plenty of tall guys of course but Cockburn, Garza and others are gone. I don’t consider a lot of dudes physical.
Gophers are going to get murdered inside regardless

off-topic, but:

In my real life job on the radio, I was interviewing a local city administrator. He was talking about a program where people can get rebates for purchasing new energy-efficient appliances. to apply for the rebates, he said you have to go to an "online portal."

Of course, the first thing I thought of was the transfer portal - which caused me to completely lose my train of thought in the middle of the interview.....

off-topic, but:

In my real life job on the radio, I was interviewing a local city administrator. He was talking about a program where people can get rebates for purchasing new energy-efficient appliances. to apply for the rebates, he said you have to go to an "online portal."

Of course, the first thing I thought of was the transfer portal - which caused me to completely lose my train of thought in the middle of the interview.....

Did it affect your dulcet tone?

Freeman to Pacific

Well, I guess that is that.

Sam should be able to do some things in the WCC - but the Gonzaga matchups will be tough. Also, he certainly didn't pick a safer city than Minneapolis. Stockton, California is one of the roughest and highest crime cities in Cali and America.

This one happened because he brought his PG from Utah State with him, but still tons of turnover for sure.
This one is a better player than State transfer and played a lot off ball. I doubt they are related.

This one is a better player than State transfer and played a lot off ball. I doubt they are related.
Is he that much better? I'm he saw a new coach bring in his former point guard along with Madsen and David Jenkins. Maybe the are not related, but the timing seems interesting with it.

Is he that much better? I'm he saw a new coach bring in his former point guard along with Madsen and David Jenkins. Maybe the are not related, but the timing seems interesting with it.
Could be but read a Utah forum and they seem pretty angry with the transfer and say it was unexpected.

Their board reads kind of like ours does with the dissatisfaction of the off-season thus far.

Could be but read a Utah forum and they seem pretty angry with the transfer and say it was unexpected.

Their board reads kind of like ours does with the dissatisfaction of the off-season thus far.
Yeah losing shooting sucks either way, but if you were a stranger here and read our board, you’d think Sam Freeman was a borderline all conference center lol.
I just think turnover is and will continue to be the norm now with new staffs. Indiana will be the outliers.

At this point I would take him and Parker Fox playing a lot of our minutes at C. Undersized for sure.

He actually made 1 3P per game (at 29% which would have been average on our team last year) so he has a little bit of outside game. Brandon Johnson shot 26%.

He also seems to be a good passer. He averaged 3.8 assists per 40 minutes his junior year. Love the idea of a good defender (if not rim protector) and passer playing some minutes at our 5 spot.

Mitchell would be a 5th year senior. He has played 4 years worth of Jordan Murphy minutes. You get age, experience, maturity, and his scholarship clears out after next year. And Mitchell played at an actual P6 school compared to all these other transfers we are getting. Sign him up!
Duke's scouting report: Stefan Mitchell is not a great offensive player but he really works the boards and defends hard.

If 6-7 forward Steffan Mitchell is the only transfer we can find to defend & rebound in the paint as our potential center expect Minnesota to look similar to a D-2 team attempting to compete in the physical & center dominant Big Ten....Mitchell plays to the max of his ability, he gives 100% on the court, able to produce a balanced stat line, but as a forward, period....If Ben Johnson is unable to find realistic frontcourt transfer help in the next few weeks, expect the possibility of a winless season in the Big Ten...Which case, could have a negative uphill climb in recruiting instate players to a team going nowhere in post season play for the next several years....

Last edited:

If Ben Johnson is unable to find realistic frontcourt transfer help in the next few weeks, expect the possibility of a winless season in the Big Ten...

No, I don't expect that at all. You have to go back to the 1999-2000 season to find a team that went winless in the Big Ten (Northwestern). There have been 4 teams since then that won only one game - last time was Rutgers in 2016.

No, I don't expect that at all. You have to go back to the 1999-2000 season to find a team that went winless in the Big Ten (Northwestern). There have been 4 teams since then that won only one game - last time was Rutgers in 2016.
I wish otherwise, but rolling the dice with almost all mid-major players who never played a second together in a game, while having a undersized or near non-existent frontcourt in the Big Ten, my opinion, it defines the word a team bound to "implode" or a chance going winless in the physically powerful & talented Big Ten........!

Top Bottom