Have we officially caught up to Wisconsin?

Yep. I’m mad and poorly educated. But I built a multi million dollar business with my high school education and I’m pretty proud of that. If it makes you feel better to say you have caught Wisconsin then ok. You win. I bow to your elite knowledge. The badgers suck just like the gophers this year and both programs underperformed. Better?
Both programs did underperform, but the badgers were worse than us. Another reason Minnesota has caught up to Wisconsin

Am I logged into Buckyville or what. Maybe I should go over there and argue PJ Flecks virtues.
Like both teams. Just can’t take some of the posts. Look at the predictions post for last week. I was on the gophers. I also picked them to win the west after 4 weeks. Just a fan of college ball.

Yep. I’m mad and poorly educated. But I built a multi million dollar business with my high school education and I’m pretty proud of that. If it makes you feel better to say you have caught Wisconsin then ok. You win. I bow to your elite knowledge. The badgers suck just like the gophers this year and both programs underperformed. Better?
In the business meetings you must run at your multi-million dollar company, the dialogue must be worthy of a sit-com by what I can imagine from this thread. The thread is a pretty simple question meant for the here and now.

Both programs did underperform, but the badgers were worse than us. Another reason Minnesota has caught up to Wisconsin
I enjoy the banter 1992. Little disappointed you went personal on the attacks though. You’re better than that. I guess we agree to disagree. FYI I did pick the gophers in this game. You can check the thread if u want.

No. Because they haven’t won the west. Lost the biggest game to Wisconsin in the last 50 years in 19. Badgers are down right now and if that’s what the gophers want to be(shitty badger teams) then I guess they are. Gophers are as good as the worst badger teams I’ve seen in 30 years. Congratulations. Maybe that’s why pj got a 100k bonus and badgers fired their coach. Expectations me boy.
You seem nervous.... :)

In the business meetings you must run at your multi-million dollar company, the dialogue must be worthy of a sit-com by what I can imagine from this thread.
Lol. I have 2 guys been here 12 yers and one for 21 so I’ll stand on that. Was just responding to the guy who said I was uneducated. Single mom, raised poor and proud of what I have done.

I enjoy the banter 1992. Little disappointed you went personal on the attacks though. You’re better than that. I guess we agree to disagree. FYI I did pick the gophers in this game. You can check the thread if u want.
Ok I apologize for calling you uneducated, admittedly that was too far. You did however misinterpret the point of this thread, but that doesn’t make you uneducated.

Ok I apologize for calling you uneducated, admittedly that was too far. You did however misinterpret the point of this thread, but that doesn’t make you uneducated.
Cool. I’ll just drop it and we will see how it plays out. Go gophers in the bowl. Would have liked to see them play Michigan for the jug instead of Purdue

No. Because they haven’t won the west. Lost the biggest game to Wisconsin in the last 50 years in 19. Badgers are down right now and if that’s what the gophers want to be(shitty badger teams) then I guess they are. Gophers are as good as the worst badger teams I’ve seen in 30 years. Congratulations. Maybe that’s why pj got a 100k bonus and badgers fired their coach. Expectations me boy.
Two can play that game. On the Badgers run, they beat some pretty "shitty" Gophers teams. That allowed them not to take a commanding lead in the alltime series, but just to catch up then take a slim lead for the first time. Now we are dead even again. With that said, I've never heard Badger fans complain about beating "shitty" Gopher teams. They just bragged about Badgers "greatness"

ANY day we beat the Badgers is a good day!

Two can play that game. On the Badgers run, they beat some pretty "shitty" Gophers teams. That allowed them not to take a commanding lead in the alltime series, but just to catch up then take a slim lead for the first time. Now we are dead even again. With that said, I've never heard Badger fans complain about beating "shitty" Gopher teams. They just bragged about Badgers "greatness"

ANY day we beat the Badgers is a good day!
100 percent correct. Badgers beat up on many bad gopher teams. I thought the thread was referring to the program as a whole. I don’t see the badgers being down long. If you look at the last 20 years they have had a few dips and have always come back. Basically the badgers have had many higher highs in the last 10 years then the gophers. If we are talking the last 3 years then yes. I’d call it pretty even. I evidently didn’t get the entirety of the post.

So cute that you think that. How about the 13-1 season for the badgers and blowing the gophers doors off in 19. Gophers are better but they lose the big games that count ex for bowl games. Badgers have been to 6 rose bowls and many new year 6. Also the last couple years they have been down so if that’s the standard they are shooting for ok. This is the worst badger team since 2001 and they beat them but not by much.
That would be a better taunt if the gophers were 13-1 and not the 10-4 wisconsin badgers
One of the rose bowls wisconsin went to they were 8-5 (aka a worse record than Mn this year)

There is a lot to taunt gophers for but a non existent 13-1 season isn’t one of those things

That would be a better taunt if the gophers were 13-1 and not the 10-4 wisconsin badgers
One of the rose bowls wisconsin went to they were 8-5 (aka a worse record than Mn this year)

There is a lot to taunt gophers for but a non existent 13-1 season isn’t one of those things
Wasn’t meant to be a taunt but they only lost the big 10 championship game to osu and that was buy 6. Beat Miami in a huge game and finished like 7 I think at the end of year. And yeah that 8-5 rose bowl was sad. And they can’t win one to save their ass lately either. We were spoiled in 90s and early 00s.

Wasn’t meant to be a taunt but they only lost the big 10 championship game to osu and that was buy 6. Beat Miami in a huge game and finished like 7 I think at the end of year. And yeah that 8-5 rose bowl was sad. And they can’t win one to save their ass lately either. We were spoiled in 90s and early 00s.
2019 wasn’t 13-1 no idea what you’re talking about

Work on your sentence structure me boy
Hey you forgot the period while criticizing me. Don’t be the grammar guy. Everyone hates him and I really enjoy our back and fourth. I love to read your posts.

Hey you forgot the period while criticizing me. Don’t be the grammar guy. Everyone hates him and I really enjoy our back and fourth. I love to read your posts.
Well your sentence structure is what made me think you were talking about 2017

I reject OP's stoopid phucking premise.

The Gophers have surpassed Becky and the Skunks.

Badgers last 5 years: 37-22
Gophers last 5 years: 38-20
Head to head: 3-2 gophers.

Sorry but this isn’t really a question anymore.
This is a great way to display the FACT the Gophers have caught Wisconsin. It feels great to say that.

The concern is if you take the gap that represented the Gophers trailing Wisconsin 5 years ago and represented it with a number (say, the Badger program was 10 “units” better than the Gophers). The difference of “10” has been equaled. But it isn’t because the Gophers have advanced 10 spaces. The Gophers have advanced about 5, and Wisconsin has dropped back 5.

I can only assume Wisconsin will reclaim the “5” they have lost so we still need to see the Gophers advance another 5 or more. This would mean occasional Rose Bowls and division championships (or the equivalent in the new conference structure in upcoming years).

The Barry magic is gone. History. Bielema will now peel off recruits that formerly would have gone to the Badgers. Their West reign is over but they are still in the battle among others that have elevated themselves including Minnesota.

Last edited:

100 percent correct. Badgers beat up on many bad gopher teams. I thought the thread was referring to the program as a whole. I don’t see the badgers being down long. If you look at the last 20 years they have had a few dips and have always come back. Basically the badgers have had many higher highs in the last 10 years then the gophers. If we are talking the last 3 years then yes. I’d call it pretty even. I evidently didn’t get the entirety of the post.
I'd say where Wisconsin has us beat is attendance and national perception. Otherwise I'd say we are both pretty close. If you look at now and forward, there is nothing indicating that they will be way ahead of us if at all.

Why do badger football fans always act like they didn’t watch any of the game …..following a badger loss. I get it, to avoid comeuppance - but seriously, we know you are lying badger fan so grow up and own it.

Am I logged into Buckyville or what. Maybe I should go over there and argue PJ Flecks virtues.
I was hoping to be entertained when I went over there. Not much fodder.

The Barry magic is gone. History. Bielema will now peel off recruits that formerly would have gone the Badgers. Their West reign is over but are still in the battle among others that have elevated themselves including Minnesota.
What you said. I'll add Iowa. I think he'll dip into their "pipelines" as well.

I'd say where Wisconsin has us beat is attendance and national perception. Otherwise I'd say we are both pretty close. If you look at now and forward, there is nothing indicating that they will be way ahead of us if at all.
Fair enough, we can all agree that the rivalry is back and that’s a good thing. Lot of new things going on at wisconsin and people are excited. But people were excited about Scott frost also. Players gotta make plays. I sure hope this is the end of the Mertz experiment. Whoever this ficklle guy is I hope he can get a qb. Will probably be a lot closer with badgers gophers over the next several years. 2019 was really fun when both clubs were good.

Top Bottom