Have we officially caught up to Wisconsin?

This first paragraph is spot on
The second paragraph is annoying but I agree
Love the third paragraph and wish frost was back with the hope train again this year.
I wrote that post over one year ago. I think it still very much captures my feelings re WI and Iowa as we played them this year. Nebraska now becomes a wild card with Matt Rhule as head coach. Interesting to see how Luke Fickell does at Madison. Who will be his defensive coordinator? 2023 will be a very interesting rivalry year.

I was going to say that Wisc produces enough talent in-state, maybe not NFL talent, but Big Ten kind of talent "their way" (well, the Barry way ...) that if they can just own their state, they should be OK.

But then I look and: Herbig is from from Honolulu??? What?? He want from Hawaii climate ... to Wisconsin climate?? No friggin way.

Had to be a Wisconsin connection there.

I was going to say that Wisc produces enough talent in-state, maybe not NFL talent, but Big Ten kind of talent "their way" (well, the Barry way ...) that if they can just own their state, they should be OK.

But then I look and: Herbig is from from Honolulu??? What?? He want from Hawaii climate ... to Wisconsin climate?? No friggin way.

Had to be a Wisconsin connection there.
Jim Leonhard. I believe he mentioned it multiple times before and after committing. Having guys like TJ Watt, Van Ginkel, Zack Baun, TJ Edwards, etc going on to play in the NFL at his position didn't hurt.

OK, but is that like the only Hawaiian player they've ever had come to Madison, Wisc?

And a white guy at that, not an Islander. No offense meant by that. Just a bit mind boggling. I would expect he had a lot of family from Wisc, cousins, uncles, etc.

OK, but is that like the only Hawaiian player they've ever had come to Madison, Wisc?

And a white guy at that, not an Islander. No offense meant by that. Just a bit mind boggling. I would expect he had a lot of family from Wisc, cousins, uncles, etc.
Great question. They had the big lineman from American Samoa a few years back who they kept showing doing flips on a beach. Imagine the thought process of going from Hawaii to Wisconsin. Woof.

Top Bottom