Gophers Recruiting CB Avante Dickerson Again Now That He's In Portal

No 247 crystal ball predictions as of now on where he’ll end up. Would love to land this guy especially now that Fickell has also offered.

I am sure there is a mututal interst and that we can use him. Hopefully it happens!

Kg usually posts stuff over here that he gets from Gopher Illustrated (pay site for Gopher fans), so would not be surprised if it's correct.
I just prefer there would be a little more sustenance. Maybe a “he doesn’t go to class” or “he smokes too much of the marijuana” or “he likes to kick puppies” kind of information with his statement.

I just prefer there would be a little more sustenance. Maybe a “he doesn’t go to class” or “he smokes too much of the marijuana” or “he likes to kick puppies” kind of information with his statement.
My progrum insider is telling me that he has a near pathological disdain for self-propelled aquatic craft and can’t stand words and phrases being reduced to acronyms. I trust that you can see why he may not be the best fit here.

I hate rumors, especially ones started on free message boards, but my guy has been fairly solid. Take it for what it’s worth.

Right. Few have more cash to toss around than Oregon. A bit player isn’t getting paid bigger money elsewhere.
I get that fake NIL aka Pay for Play is a huge talking point but some fans are way too quick to attribute every single transfer to PFP money.

There are absolutely guys out there chasing the money and some are getting paid but I think there is a belief by some that there is way more money changing hands than there actually is.

When a high profile players leaves one place for another there is a good chance some pay for play money was involved. A guy like Dickerson though is not going to be in a position to demand big money from anywhere and it is highly unlikely that teams will be lining up to throw it at him.

I get that fake NIL aka Pay for Play is a huge talking point but some fans are way too quick to attribute every single transfer to PFP money.

There are absolutely guys out there chasing the money and some are getting paid but I think there is a belief by some that there is way more money changing hands than there actually is.

When a high profile players leaves one place for another there is a good chance some pay for play money was involved. A guy like Dickerson though is not going to be in a position to demand big money from anywhere and it is highly unlikely that teams will be lining up to throw it at him.

100%. He was a minor player for Oregon last year. No one is paying him a ton of money. Oregon more likely than most to pay him

Staff contacted Oregon, looked into his background there, and decided to not go after him.

You mad? I’d take him over empty scholarships or awarding walk-ons. Fleck and Co liked him enough to recruit him hard out of HS. Maybe they had big plans for him that Oregon didn’t.

Staff contacted Oregon, looked into his background there, and decided to not go after him.

What do you think UpAndUnder43? You still want him?

My progrum insider is telling me that he has a near pathological disdain for self-propelled aquatic craft and can’t stand words and phrases being reduced to acronyms. I trust that you can see why he may not be the best fit here.

I hate rumors, especially ones started on free message boards, but my guy has been fairly solid. Take it for what it’s worth.
They're better the ones you have to pay for.

What do you think UpAndUnder43? You still want him?

Yeah. I’d take him over the other options.

You’re also assuming KG is posting accurate info. Which on this message board is a big assumption.

HavingOle Miss CB Brown on visit probably means Dickerson won’t be M/G

Good idea. Done.
giphy.gif

Well, with Coach DeLattiboudere having been on the Oregon def staff in 2021 I'm sure he used his contacts to get some reliable info.
Maybe there were issues with "effort" and "attitude"? Those are completely wild guesses by me. I don't pay for it (G.I.)

Yeah. I’d take him over the other options.

You’re also assuming KG is posting accurate info. Which on this message board is a big assumption.

They did some due diligence, and didn't like something/s that happened in his time at Oregon. It's over. Time to move on.

Wouldn’t we have done our due diligence and researched his background prior to offering him again? Kg21 may have good info but the timeline doesn’t make sense to me.

The portal moves fast. Makes perfect sense to offer ASAP, then do some digging. Much easier to drop out of the race, than to play catch-up.

Top Bottom