Gophers Recruiting CB Avante Dickerson Again Now That He's In Portal

I'd rather role with Tariq Watson or whoever beats him on the depth chart. Watson could be like Walley, from SEC country to coming up here and playing early.
I liked Goulsby too even though he was getting a bit toasted by Lemeke. He looks big and rangy out there and was a sure tackler.

That’s true. Some of the media have rates their RB room higher but it seems most I’ve heard have rated their DB’s as their strength

I believe there are 4 scholarship CBs on the roster? If that’s our deepest group…yikes.

Any chance Dickerson comes here or nah?

Gonna be some upset posters.
I think we’d all welcome the prodigal son, as long as he has the right mindset. It’d be a good spot for him too with this staff having put three CBs in the nfl already, and Walley looking destined for the league as well.

I don't remember how things ended when he flipped but a reoffer by us would imply both parties were on good terms when the decommitment occurred
I don’t recall anything bad that was made public, must not have been much bad behind the scenes either if they’re offering again.

Happy to see him come back … but he’s got to do some nutrition and S&C work if he is going to play in the B1G. And he should have to earn his playing time, because Rhyland and Watson have put in the work and built up. Give them their due.

Do we know which teams have currently offered? Any crystal ball predictions yet?

I forgot, but reading Ducks Live reminded me: Dickerson was no. 8 CB prospect in nation in 2020. And he played in 12 of 14 games for the Ducks as a true freshman. Injured second year and redshirted. He’d definitely be a good get.

Do we know which teams have currently offered? Any crystal ball predictions yet?
Well on his twitter we're the only team he's mentioned since entering the portal...Which to me signals this is the one he was waiting for. I'm sure others have come in as well, but he's only mentioning us.

Happy to see him come back … but he’s got to do some nutrition and S&C work if he is going to play in the B1G. And he should have to earn his playing time, because Rhyland and Watson have put in the work and built up. Give them their due.
I hope he commits and has the patience to put a little meat and strength on.

captain obvious: The Gophers liked him enough coming out of HS to offer him. and they apparently still like him enough to offer him again.

Dickerson liked the Gophers enough at one point to make a verbal commitment.

and now the question: does he still like the Gophers - and how much does he like the Gophers?
.......we could pass him a note and ask him to check "Yes" or "No"......

captain obvious: The Gophers liked him enough coming out of HS to offer him. and they apparently still like him enough to offer him again.

Dickerson liked the Gophers enough at one point to make a verbal commitment.

and now the question: does he still like the Gophers - and how much does he like the Gophers?
.......we could pass him a note and ask him to check "Yes" or "No"......
Not like, “like like”.

Top Bottom