Gophers Recruiting CB Avante Dickerson Again Now That He's In Portal

I’d think he has to look at Walley who if I recall was in the same class (and was committed at the same time), and want to jump back in the boat given how we develop corners and safeties!

I’d think he has to look at Walley who if I recall was in the same class (and was committed at the same time), and want to jump back in the boat given how we develop corners and safeties!

I realize fleck has had success sending a few corners to the NFL but I think it’s pretty normal for teams to do that. The gophers years and years and years of not producing NFL talent is more rare than sending a few DBs to the NFL over a 3-4 year span

I realize fleck has had success sending a few corners to the NFL but I think it’s pretty normal for teams to do that. The gophers years and years and years of not producing NFL talent is more rare than sending a few DBs to the NFL over a 3-4 year span
I like the variety of positions of Gophers that have gone to the NFL (drafted or not) under Fleck

Would be awesome to see this man back in Maroon and Gold.

captain obvious: The Gophers liked him enough coming out of HS to offer him. and they apparently still like him enough to offer him again.

Dickerson liked the Gophers enough at one point to make a verbal commitment.

and now the question: does he still like the Gophers - and how much does he like the Gophers?
.......we could pass him a note and ask him to check "Yes" or "No"......
You know the automatic reply is to write in "Maybe" and circle it, don't you?

At least that is what I did! :)

I like the variety of positions of Gophers that have gone to the NFL (drafted or not) under Fleck

No doubt. It’s nice to see guys from multiple position groups getting that opportunity. Major change from the previous many years

I think we deserve a little more credit than that. Nine Gopher DBs drafted in a 10-year span, and next year is likely to make it 10 drafted in 11 years (or maybe 11 drafted if Walley leaves early).

I think we deserve a little more credit than that. Nine Gopher DBs drafted in a 10-year span, and next year is likely to make it 10 drafted in 11 years (or maybe 11 drafted if Walley leaves early).
Would be interesting to see how that compares to other big ten teams

Would be interesting to see how that compares to other big ten teams
I’d be willing to bet the average star rating of ours combined with the numbers sent is unmatched. Sure Ohio State likely has a similar number, but we’ve been developing them rather than just buying the most talented kid.

Reactions: PSJ

He would've been here if Rod Chance hadn't been hired away to Oregon. AD followed Chance there.

That's all it was.

Would be great if he wants to come to Minneapolis.

Fair.

Illinois has 8 since 2012.

Gophers have 9 since 2014-Vereen, Thompson, Murray, Myrick, Winfield, Williams, St. Juste, Howden, Smith. I could be missing someone.

Ohio St has 14 since 2014. So more—but not as many more as you’d expect.

Curious as to what other Big Ten teams look like for this. But not doing all 14.

Fair.

Gophers have 9 since 2014-Vereen, Thompson, Murray, Myrick, Winfield, Williams, St. Juste, Howden, Smith. I could be missing someone.

Curious as to what other Big Ten teams look like for this. But not doing all 14.
Not drafted but Boddy-Calhoun played 5 years in the league.

Fair.

Going back to 2014:

Ohio State – 14
Penn State – 11
Minnesota – 9
Michigan – 9 (4 in 2017)
Iowa - 8
Illinois – 6 (3 this year)
Michigan State – 6
Maryland – 6
Wisconsin – 5
Purdue – 4
Nebraska – 3
Rutgers – 3
Northwestern – 1
Indiana – 1

If I remember right, didn't Ortiz have something to do with him recruiting him to Minnesota. They were both big recruits in the same class. Where did Ortiz end up going?

Is AD chasing NIL money? He will do good in the Gophers' NFL Academy.

Last edited:

Well, you can let this thread go. This guy has character flaws and will not be going to Minnesota.
But was offered to transfer after turning down Fleck previously.

??? He was not starting for the Gophers and not getting the playing time that he wanted so he transferred to a lower program. No big loss other than he seemed like a great kid.
Fair enough. It just seemed to me like quite a tumble. I didn't realize umass even had a football team

Top Bottom