Gophers in the NFL

It's becoming more apparent week by week what talent this defense had last year and how bad we miss some of those guys.

Martin's gonna be a star. Too bad it will probably be in Green Bay

Big night to watch the Gophers in the NFL. TJ should get extra run with Godwin out and Evans/Miller banged up. AWJr has also been featured pregame. Coughlin on the roster for the Giants (though I'd be surprised if he factors in at all)

Kamal Martin looked very good yesterday.

And AWjr just had a great tackle for loss. Commentators heaped praise on him before suggesting that he could possibly earn the defensive Rookie of the Year award.

Kamal Martin looked very good yesterday.

And AWjr just had a great tackle for loss. Commentators heaped praise on him before suggesting that he could possibly earn the defensive Rookie of the Year award.
Definitely looks like he’ll be highly considered. Guy has an absolute nose for the ball. Looks like TJ taking a backseat now as the 4th WR. Too bad as he looked like he was coming on.

Definitely looks like he’ll be highly considered. Guy has an absolute nose for the ball. Looks like TJ taking a backseat now as the 4th WR. Too bad as he looked like he was coming on.
TJ has been on the field a decent amount tonight.

TJ has been on the field a decent amount tonight.
Seeing it some. Unsure why the Bucs are favoring Mickens (sp) over him, but would mean he's not going to see the field at all when Brown comes in given Godwin is out tonight as well.

Getting some run in the 2 min drill. Looked great on the sliding grab. AWJr has been all over the field as well tonight. Bucs look like crap, but that's fun at least

TJ with a BIG BOY catch, takes the hit, TJ drops the mic ... and the defender is hurt ;)

Any updates on Cashman? The NY Jets are awful, so unless you look hard, they are never on TV. Has he overcome his injuries?

Antione Winfield Jr. breaks up the game tying two point conversion to win the game for the Bucs!!!

Just give him the Defensive Rookie of the Year award now.

he has to be a favorite for that right now.

AWjr, TJ, and Coughlin chatting it up at midfield after the game.

That has to be really cool that all three are now playing in the NFL after being teammates for four years. And all three are seeing playing time. Obviously Winfield is the all-star....but both Carter and TJ have made plays this year for their team. Very cool.

That has to be really cool that all three are now playing in the NFL after being teammates for four years. And all three are seeing playing time. Obviously Winfield is the all-star....but both Carter and TJ have made plays this year for their team. Very cool.
Really cool to see and hopefully we see more Gophers in the NFL soon enough making an impact. Fun part is Winfield is going to be getting talked about a TON for the next few days due to how that one ended haha

TJ didn't have a huge night but he had a great catch and caught both looks he got - which is all he needs to keep doing to get his chances. Brady will go to the hands he trusts.

TJ didn't have a huge night but he had a great catch and caught both looks he got - which is all he needs to keep doing to get his chances. Brady will go to the hands he trusts.

He's a fifth round rookie who was injured through training camp and the start of the season. He'll continue to see the field and get opportunities. So far....he has capitalized by catching the passes thrown to him and by making a few plays. With the WR logjam right now....he won't put up huge numbers.....but I'd bet the Bucs realize what they have and give him more reps next year.

Does anybody have a sense for how much playing time CC is getting for the Giants? Obviously he had the sack but late in the game I didn't spot him out there on the field (only watched the last 6-7 minutes of regulation).

Great to see former Gophers out there making plays in the NFL. Nothing but a positive for the program.

Does anybody have a sense for how much playing time CC is getting for the Giants? Obviously he had the sack but late in the game I didn't spot him out there on the field (only watched the last 6-7 minutes of regulation).

Great to see former Gophers out there making plays in the NFL. Nothing but a positive for the program.

I think it's mostly situational at this point. But I bet like Martin and Cashman....the Giants are going to see that they got a steal and his PT will increase.

I think it's mostly situational at this point. But I bet like Martin and Cashman....the Giants are going to see that they got a steal and his PT will increase.

Kind of what I figured. He is a good athlete so I would bet he is in on most of the Giants Special Teams units as well. Great way for a player to make a name for themselves while they work their way into the regular rotation.

Hopefully it works out well for him. Martin is getting a lot of attention since coming back from injury. If he can just find a way to stay healthy, the talent is obvious. He just can't seem to stay on the field for any length of time.

100% - cheered me up immensely to see those three all playing well and catching up after the game. GoGophers RTB Ski-U-Mah

Top Bottom