Gophers in the NFL

I think it was Cory Sauter for the Bears back in 02

Actually I was mistaken. It was Spergon Wynn (not Cockerham). He started that December game at Lambeau in 2001 after Culpepper and Bouman were hurt. He started his career as a Gopher before transferring to SW Texas State.

Actually I was mistaken. It was Spergon Wynn (not Cockerham). He started that December game at Lambeau in 2001 after Culpepper and Bouman were hurt. He started his career as a Gopher before transferring to SW Texas State.
Did he ever take a snap as a gopher QB?

Oh my lord. Damien Wilson just knocked himself out tackling Justin Herbert. Herbert's a big kid...

Its tough because you got to root for Teddy, that injury was gruesome but I love AWJ...

I love Teddy....but I love AWjr more. It's only been two games....but he's seriously looking like a potential defensive rookie of the year.

Now they just have to get TJ healthy....

Watching it a few times noted that Bridgewater got up slow after contact. All clean and nice tackle.

Campbell Heating Up in the Desert

The X factor – better known as former University of Minnesota linebacker De'Vondre Campbell – has been turning heads in his first season in Arizona.

Campbell, who played his first four seasons in Atlanta after being drafted in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft, signed in the desert this past off-season and has been one of the top players for the 2-0 Cardinals.

The 27-year-old has 17 tackles this year and has also broken up two passes, earning high praise from head coach Kliff Kingsbury.

"He's been kind of an X factor so far and I'm hoping as the season goes on, he get gets even more comfortable in our system and he continues to improve," Kingsbury told the media after Arizona's win last Sunday against Washington. "You watch where he was at and he was all over the field. Whether it's the run game or the pass breakups, I mean, he was everywhere. He's got great length, he's got great instincts and he's a matchup with any tight end in the league and we've got some great ones we play against."

Go Gophers!!

Did Tyler see the field? Thought I saw a piece that he might be off injured reserve...

Did Tyler see the field? Thought I saw a piece that he might be off injured reserve...

Yes he did. I saw him drop an easy pass that would have been called back for holding anyway

Top Bottom