Gophers BEAT wisconsin Post Game Thread

With both the Gophers and UW-Madison 8-4 and UWM at #14. Where will the Gophers be in the rankings tomorrow?

Wisconsin was coming in on a 7 game winning streak and needing a win for the West title and the Gophers dominated in so may phases of the game. Watching the axe being carried around the field amongst the fans brings some major joy after watching Nebraska choke away their game and eliminate our chances for the West title.

Iowa and/or MSU will get the Citrus and Outback being 2 games better in the win column than the Gophs. That probably places the Gophs in the Las Vegas Bowl...and I gotta think Vegas would want Minnesotans too - we love that place! I gotta say, that could be fucking fun!
Vegas would be so awesome. That place would be crawling with Gophers fans everywhere!

Iowa and/or MSU will get the Citrus and Outback being 2 games better in the win column than the Gophs. That probably places the Gophs in the Las Vegas Bowl...and I gotta think Vegas would want Minnesotans too - we love that place! I gotta say, that could be fucking fun!
I've seen MSU to Fiesta.

With both the Gophers and UW-Madison 8-4 and UWM at #14. Where will the Gophers be in the rankings tomorrow?

Arkansas at #25 was the only 4-loss team ranked in the CFP last week. A handful of teams will drop out, so the Gophs might land a spot in the 20+ range.

We lost to Bowling Green and Illinois. We win those games, we play next weekend. It's not Frost's fault. Look in the mirror....
Bowling Green is a non-conference game and has no bearing on conference standings. Beating Illinois would put us at 7-2 in conference, tied for first with Iowa, with Iowa getting the tiebreaker with their head to head win. Minnesota or Nebraska beating Iowa would have gotten us to Indianapolis.

Great win! Winning Big Ten record, got the Axe. Some frustrating losses, but this win makes this season feel pretty good. Looking forward to bowl placement!

8-4 with a chance at 9-4 looks very good, especially with a win against Wisconsin. Better than many of us thought at points in the season. The season was a success after all! Almost 200 yards passing against Wisconsin, with Morgan 11 of 16 - which was absolutely necessary to win. Defense played lights out for 60 minutes. Great finale for this season. (Just think, if not for BG, Gophers would be 9-3).

Bowling Green is a non-conference game and has no bearing on conference standings. Beating Illinois would put us at 7-2 in conference, tied for first with Iowa, with Iowa getting the tiebreaker with their head to head win. Minnesota or Nebraska beating Iowa would have gotten us to Indianapolis.

Great win! Winning Big Ten record, got the Axe. Some frustrating losses, but this win makes this season feel pretty good. Looking forward to bowl placement!
We win West if we had beat Illinois

EDIT. I'm wrong

I've seen MSU to Fiesta.

I forgot the Fiesta was all at-large. I suppose MSU is still in the mix with the win vs. Penn State. I could see MSU and Notre Dame in the Fiesta. That could potentially pull the Gophs into the Outback again.

I bought 4 tickets to the LV Bowl back in June in the 40-42 yd line. So yes, I'm selfishly hoping for the Gophers to play there. Odd arrangement for the LV Bowl now that they have a real stadium to play the game in (Allegiant Stadium >>>>>>>>>> Sam Boyd Stadium); PAC 12 plays there every year, I believe the 4th place B1G team plays in the LV Bowl every other year, starting with this year. The LV Bowl always used to get some middling Mountain West teams usually, maybe against a shitty Pac-12 team. Much better now

We'll see where the chips fall but hoping for the LV Bowl for the Gophers. I'm a little worried about the trip being priced out of Gopher fans budget (some charter flights would HELP). Las Vegas is not a cheap place to visit on NY Eve. And I only have so much room at my house so don't ask

I forgot the Fiesta was all at-large. I suppose MSU is still in the mix with the win vs. Penn State. I could see MSU and Notre Dame in the Fiesta. That could potentially pull the Gophs into the Outback again.
I would imagine both the Citrus and Outback are real possibilities.

We'll see where the chips fall but hoping for the LV Bowl for the Gophers. I'm a little worried about the trip being priced out of Gopher fans budget (some charter flights would HELP). Las Vegas is not a cheap place to visit on NY Eve. And I only have so much room at my house so don't ask

Damn it!

Man alive beating Becky and finally silencing their gloating fans Is bowl game enough for me. Joe Rossi please don’t go because man alive did you have this defense humming by the end of the year. Also liked how much more aggressive PJ and/or Sanford were after Iowa. It’s like they realized they lost by playing the field goal/field position game instead of going for the win. They did so tonight and against Indiana and it was glorious. Playing jump around was awesome…it would have been only sweeter if it entailed a trip to Indy.

404-4045658_pile-of-poo-emoji-sticker-feces-shit-shit.png

Is Mertz looking for a new logo?

I can love Tanner for all his effort put in over the last few years but still admit his flaws. His cement feet stopped a lot of momentum tonight.
I get criticizing players when they don't play well but when the starting QB plays a good game to help us win the axe, lets wait a week to criticize. The kid played his ass off tonight.

I get criticizing players when they don't play well but when the starting QB plays a good game to help us win the axe, lets wait a week to criticize. The kid played his ass off tonight.
1000 percent Bob, Tanner Morgan played his rear end off. So did the D, 100% a total team win.

We lost to Bowling Green and Illinois. We win those games, we play next weekend. It's not Frost's fault. Look in the mirror....
no we don't. we still lose the tiebreak to iowa

Sanford's passing offense is clearly much different than Ciarocca's and given the change of scheme and drop-off in the WR corps, Morgan has had to make a lot of adjustments. Spann-Ford has led the team in receiving yards two weeks in a row. Probably the #1 indicator of how different the approaches are.

Top Bottom