Gophers BEAT wisconsin Post Game Thread

Big Ten Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations​

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12
Big Ten Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked Big Ten team
2. Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. SEC
3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC
4. SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12
5. TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs. SEC
6. New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC
7. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big 12
8. Redbox Bowl vs. Pac-12*
Logistics on the Redbox Bowl TBD
9. Quick Lane Bowl vs. MAC

Big Ten Standings:
Michigan 11-1 overall, 8-1 conf
Ohio State 10-2 overall, 8-1 conf
Michigan State 10-2 overall, 7-2 conf
Iowa 10-2 overall, 7-2 conf.
Gophers 8-4 overall, 6-3 conf
Wisconsin 8-4 overall, 6-3 conf
Purdue 8-4 overall, 6-3 conf

IF we assume that the Gophers win the #5 seed by head-to-head wins over WI and Purdue, then
we have two scenarios:

1. Michigan makes CFP. if bowls go according to standings, Gophers go to Las Vegas Bowl
2. Michigan does not make CFP. Gophers go to Music City Bowl.

Vegas and Music City are both on Thursday, Dec 30. If Gophers would drop to Pinstripe Bowl, that is on Weds, Dec 29.

Big Ten Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations​

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12
Big Ten Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked Big Ten team
2. Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. SEC
3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC
4. SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12
5. TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs. SEC
6. New Era Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC
7. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big 12
8. Redbox Bowl vs. Pac-12*
Logistics on the Redbox Bowl TBD
9. Quick Lane Bowl vs. MAC

Big Ten Standings:
Michigan 11-1 overall, 8-1 conf
Ohio State 10-2 overall, 8-1 conf
Michigan State 10-2 overall, 7-2 conf
Iowa 10-2 overall, 7-2 conf.
Gophers 8-4 overall, 6-3 conf
Wisconsin 8-4 overall, 6-3 conf
Purdue 8-4 overall, 6-3 conf

IF we assume that the Gophers win the #5 seed by head-to-head wins over WI and Purdue, then
we have two scenarios:

1. Michigan makes CFP. if bowls go according to standings, Gophers go to Las Vegas Bowl
2. Michigan does not make CFP. Gophers go to Music City Bowl.

Vegas and Music City are both on Thursday, Dec 30. If Gophers would drop to Pinstripe Bowl, that is on Weds, Dec 29.

Three Big Ten teams are making CFP and NY6. Not a question

This game is what makes college football fun.
The much maligned MN OC had the common sense to look what NE did to a very aggressive WI defense and used an efficient Morgan to pass to the space vacated b blitzing WI LBs and safeties. The MN running game using misdirection was just effective enough.

The MN RBs picked up the rushing WI players and Morgan hit the open receivers.
PJ even had the kick off receiver run back giving MN good field position.
But in the end, WI from the HC to the DC and the players had too much hubris and did not respect their opponent.
Why Chryst kept an injured Allen in the game and refused run more off tackle and use one of the RBs held in reserve is a mystery and why the boy genius DC did not change his game plan after NE torched WI's defense is another mystery.
I do not attend games anymore because the TV time outs so interrupt the flow of the game.
So I watched MI dismember tOSU in the best OL performance of the year.
Do not envy what IA is going to face.
Harbaugh changed assistant coaches had his team ready to play.
WI coaches and the WI AD have some deep thinking to do next week.

The MN RBs picked up the rushing WI players
This is so true and I haven’t really seen it mentioned. Two freshmen running backs and LeCaptain picked up rushers and held them off consistently against what is supposed to be one of the better defenses in the nation. Hats off to them
For the hard work they did.

His best quality is that he graduates this year. So PJ can't play him.
The list of good Gopher QB's is about as short as Danny Devito.
Not true. If all things were normal that would be the case. However, Tanner has the option to take his additional Covid year. If you were at the game you would have noticed that he didn't walk out on the field with the other departing seniors. I heard someone mention he hasn't made an official decision, but I'm betting he's back.

I love how much badger fans hate pj
I know it's great. They hate the fact that PJ out coached Chryst and that we have now won 2 of last 4 under PJ. They were spoiled in that they were gifted more than half the games over the last two decades by the previous MN coaching staffs.

Team win. The defense played insanely well, probably the best MN has ever played versus Wisconsin in the modern era? I believe they held Allen to something like 2.76 yards. He didn’t look like he had a bad ankle or anything else wrong with him that every other RB is dealing with at this point in the season. They sniffed out plays and wrapped him up.

Once again, holding Wisconsin to 6 offensive points, 233 yards was stellar. This defense has gotten better and better as the year goes on. Lock up Rossi.

Morgan looked great. Made great decisions all day, accurate versus a swarming and attacking defense. The receivers MBS and Jackson made catches that they previously dropped all year. Wright had a great catch. It felt like the backs ran for more yards than they did when I checked the box score. As others said they blocked really well. Ky absolutely stoned Sanborn on the CAB TD.

MN only ran 53 offensive plays, scored 23 points versus an elite level defense. Hats off to Sanford - or whomever is calling plays behind the scenes the last few games. The huge connections to BSF88 were key to the win.

Hats off to Trickett for hitting a huge FG under a lot of pressure to seal the game.

The officials were absolutely atrocious all day. Nothing more needs to be said.

Bummed I didn't get a chance to see any of it, but it's always a banner day when the Gophers beat the Badgers. Having just as much fun watching the Cheese-brains freak out and whine it up. Hilarious stuff. Badger fans as a group are as a big a bunch of frauds as any fan base in the country.

Don't know if this was brought up yet, but I think Mertz got away with an intentional grounding early in the 4th quarter. (I'm re-watching the game right now)
Brought up during the in-game thread. Refs really had their head in the sand on that one.

Was that Phil Howard leading the charge over to the axe?

Don't know if this was brought up yet, but I think Mertz got away with an intentional grounding early in the 4th quarter. (I'm re-watching the game right now)
Yeah they explained that he had gotten out of the pocket, but from my seats, him clearly didn't. He took a step or two to his left and then chucked it. On a different note, Wright is so good, they need tp get him involved more...way too long of a stay in Fleck's doghouse, if that is the case. Mismatch everywhere with great hands. Got a PI because of his skills.

Yeah they explained that he had gotten out of the pocket, but from my seats, him clearly didn't. He took a step or two to his left and then chucked it. On a different note, Wright is so good, they need tp get him involved more...way too long of a stay in Fleck's doghouse, if that is the case. Mismatch everywhere with great hands. Got a PI because of his skills.
On the replay it looked to me that he got outside the tackle box. It was close though.

I live in OK but was back in MN last week to bury my dear father on the 20th. Stayed the week with family and went to watch my Hutchinson Tigers win State on Friday and then went to the Gopher game yesterday...was SO much fun. My last U of M game with Dad was the 1981 win over Ohio State, 35-31. It was my first Gopher game at Huntington Bank...and I loved every minute of it. Made me feel young again, and could hardly sleep last night just thinking about it. So fun to beat Wiscy!

This is hilarious. How many times were they even called for PI? Two? And only one was somewhat questionable.

You can’t make this up. Their secondary grabs, pulls, tussles almost every contested play. They’re one of the most aggressive secondaries out there and this kid is whining about one or two calls. I can say with certainty that there wasn’t one play I saw yesterday feeling objectively that we got away with OPI, and SEVERAL where I objectively thought they got away with DPI (CAB end zone play in first half comes to mind). Smh

You can’t make this up. Their secondary grabs, pulls, tussles almost every contested play. They’re one of the most aggressive secondaries out there and this kid is whining about one or two calls. I can say with certainty that there wasn’t one play I saw yesterday feeling objectively that we got away with OPI, and SEVERAL where I objectively thought they got away with DPI (CAB end zone play in first half comes to mind). Smh
CAB got tackled in the end zone that took a likely TD off the board. There were missed calls all over the place yesterday, but none of them were bigger than that.

Huh? They were like .500 last year. They were also close in 2018.

#2 defense in the nation?

You smoking crack?
MN and WI have basically the same record over last 4 years and have split the series.

Top Bottom