GAME #28: Gophers (17-10, 6-8) @ O$U (21-6, 8-6) [BTN, 2/22, 5:00PM]

Pitino needs to send a statement and start b benching guys for brain dead turnovers and stupid plays. Giving them freedom is not working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Is it okay to start questioning if Pitino is in over his head a little bit? We've seen some of the most pathetic effort sequences in the last 7 or 8 games. This is not about talent, it is about effort. And it's not just Austin Hollins.

Absolute fair to question Pitino at this point. That said, we're playing Joey King who has no business in the B1G, so what does that say about Buggs, Mav, Wally...

It's very concerning that we NEVER have an answer back when the opposition makes a run.

At the end of the day this isn't a tourney team. Just don't have the talent yet. Pitino and the staff came up with the perfect game plan but the team just stopped executing and really just stopped caring on defense in the 2nd half.

Another idiotic pass in the paint. Go up.

smith? give me a break, dude blows, 20% last 5 games, even when he is on he takes dumb shots that happen to go in so we over look how dumb the shot selection actually was, that's pitino's guy yet he still puts austin in ahead of him for a reason

Those are the only guys you can actually call Pitino's guys... plus King. And all of them combined have done more then the rest.

Austin is garbage. Austin defended his own pass.

On the one hand, we've got absolutely NOTHING at the four, and no real big-time scorer we can go to who we can count on to create a spark when the chips are down and nothing's working (at least not consistently - Andre can be that guy, but only sometimes). On the other hand, it's hard to justify performances like we've seen these last few games. The B1G is swallowing us up, and whether that's for talent reasons, mental reasons, or both, it's a tendency we absolutely need to correct.

At the end of the day this isn't a tourney team. Just don't have the talent yet. Pitino and the staff came up with the perfect game plan but the team just stopped executing and really just stopped caring on defense in the 2nd half.

It would be if they consistently tried hard and were willing to focus during the game.

Hollins pulls an oto tripping over his own feet in open court

How can a coach's kid be do clueless?

collins, miles>pitino, both don't have the talent that we have yet with their coaching they out perform their skill set, pitino is just terrible adjusting in game, goes into a game with a game plan, but once it starts falling apart he has no back up plan or any idea how to adjust.

Someone should make a highlight reel of Austin's worse turnovers.

Im watching on the ESPN gamcast and all I am seeing is "Ohio St Layup" or "Ohio State Dunk". Haha is it that bad??

We look god awful this half. I did not watch the first half because I figured this would be a blowout by halftime. I was shocked to see us winning, I guess they were waiting to implode in the second half. One thing I notice with pitino is that he takes oddly timed time outs. I would like to see him take time outs earlier when teams are starting to run on us. I don't know if it would make a difference, but it might slow the other teams momentum.

I'm thinking GH could field a better team at this point.

I don't get it though, Austin has never been this bad. This is the same level of bad as Mav. In fact, I have more confidence in Mav than I do Austin.

Wish we'd play buggs for entertainment purposes

I don't necessarily agree. I have no idea how good the coach's gameplan is when the players executing it are doing it with all the intensity of a 17 year old girl afraid of messing up her recent manicure.

OSU is going to score more in the 2nd half than we do all game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Oh he mad! RT <a href="https://twitter.com/BTNBrentYarina">@btnbrentyarina</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> Pitino shot Austin Hollins a very displeased stare in last timeout. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gophers&src=hash">#gophers</a> <a href="http://t.co/4GmiaDiVFx">pic.twitter.com/4GmiaDiVFx</a></p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/437387851735764992">February 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tubby Time! I'll keep watching just in case Rowdy Roddy Piper comes out of nowhere to attack Craft with a steel chair.

It would be if they consistently tried hard and were willing to focus during the game.

There's the question, though. It can sometimes be hard to tell if you're looking at an underachiever with prodigious talent who is prone to lapses in focus or a no-talent hack who occasionally punches above his weight. For the sake of our future, let's pray we're looking at the latter.

Im watching on the ESPN gamcast and all I am seeing is "Ohio St Layup" or "Ohio State Dunk". Haha is it that bad??

Dude, the 2nd half score is 40-13. Why are you asking that question?

tOSU is going to outscore our total points just in the second half alone, you only see that in a Duke vs Alcorn State type of game, can't believe we were actually worried about pitino leaving for louisville or the nba, he is no where ready with how his in game coaching currently is

Top Bottom