GAME #28: Gophers (17-10, 6-8) @ O$U (21-6, 8-6) [BTN, 2/22, 5:00PM]

If you're going to succeed at crunch time, you've got to have senior leadership or a go to player. Unfortunately, we have neither. The closest thing that we have to a go to player is Andre, and he is still coming back from the ankle injury and isn't able to drive and get to the foul line. Players will decide the game and we just don't have the horses at this time.

My bad. It is easier to take when you don't have to sit around in the house because it is so damn cold out. Great weather can fix a lot of things.

explain to me how the team has a 10pt lead than blow its away? its because the other team adjusted, did we adjust? no! we obvouisly have enough talent despite what you may think, how'd we beat wisconsin? or osu? are players at fault? yes, but there is no way you can say pitino has not been completely out coached since the original wisonsin game, we are never going to get the recruits blue bloods get like his father or donovan, at least not until you start showing you can coach and win, so he better learn how to adjust mid game. Last year was a much stronger conference yet Tubby did much better with this team than pitino, so how can you put it all on talent?

Last two second halves: Illinois 38-22, OSU 46-18. We have been beaten 84-40 in the last two second halves. please tell me how that is not on the coach?

I agree we have enough talent, and I am putting none of this on lack of talent. I am saying that the players are quitting. If the players are going to do stuff as stupid as multiple inbound violations in one game, there is nothing the coach can do. If they refuse to exert effort, there is nothing he can do about it. He can't force them to try, which they aren't doing right now.

Richard needs to tweak the offense a bit. Tired of seeing three guards do a three man weave 28 feet from the basket.

Dribble hand off, dribble hand off, dribble hand off... clock at 8 seconds than a bad shot.

They do dribble hand offs 28 feet from the hoop and don't even look at the basket. No back cuts No back picks. Tough offense to run when the team you are playing has an athletic perimeter. All the defense does is switch that. The Gophers are not getting many mismatches trying to turn the corner with this offense.

The Gophers must average 75 dribble hand offs and 40 one foot passes a game. Nothing going toward the basket. It looks like the Globetrotters three man weave that is until Austin gets the ball then it looks like the Washington Generals.

Austin Hollins is so bad that it is sad. Shot fakes when he should drive and he drives when he has a jumper. Tough to watch...

The opposing defense is putting 4 guys on the perimeter and contesting the hand offs. They won't let Mathieu get going because he's the only thing we have going on offense. Nobody else can effectively drive, none of these bigs can get position ,and God forbid someone learn how to make an effective entry pass into the post when they somehow do get position.

Bah, this game has bothered me more than it should. The lack of effort from certain players is intolerable. The lack of aggression by others is almost as bad. Mo has made an awesome turnaround this year, but for Pete's sake he flopped and tried to draw a charge like he's a stinking Dukie. You're still damn near 3 bills, get aggressive and send that shot into the 3rd row big fella. The typical defensive stance for our centers this year seems to be standing flat footed with arms in the air, and a dumbfounded look on their face after being called for a touch foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, Tubby was good at keeping in state talent home, lost out on all big 3, sure I'll excuse that, but not macura who came on late yet we lost them to xavier? give me a break, already hearing Johnson isn't happy with the gophers situation anymore since the fall because of the signing of mason, but needs to stay close to home, so he is looking at wisconsin now
You've quickly become one of my least favorite rumor mongers on here...

yeah, Tubby was good at keeping in state talent home, lost out on all big 3, sure I'll excuse that, but not macura who came on late yet we lost them to xavier? give me a break, already hearing Johnson isn't happy with the gophers situation anymore since the fall because of the signing of mason, but needs to stay close to home, so he is looking at wisconsin now

If Jarvis is worried about a 3-star like Mason, he should be worried about 4-star Koenig at Wisconsin. He'd be backing him up for two years.

I'd bet a good amount of money collins or miles would have done better with this group. Its obvious he isn't good adjusting mid game, He is too reliant on talent, if he was a good coach he'd be able to adjust, we don't have the talent to win when you can't counter another coaches in game adjustment just by sticking to our orginal game plan

Step off the ledge with this statement. Collins is tracking to have an almost identical record, both overall and in conference (12-15/5-9), to what got Carmody fired last year (13-19/4-14), and Collins has Drew Crawford playing for him this year. And Miles went 15-18/5-13 in his first season last year, so Pitino will eclipse that. Either way, there's no basis in reality that either of those guys would have done better with this group when they've barely established success with their own teams.

Timing has a lot to do with recruiting, the Gophers needed to sign someone that can play the PG position, I'm not so sure I would want to put all of my eggs in one basket and expect Johnson to be the solution as a Freshman, if that scares Johnson away so be it, I'm okay with that, I just can't see that being that big of an issue though, they are both more combo guards that can play either position.

I seem to recall you hearing that a certain recruit this year was a done deal to the Gophers. Maybe you shouldn't believe everything that you hear.

Excuse us if we take what you say with a grain of salt.

I officially name GuyFawkes as the recipient of the upper-midwest award. This award goes to the individual who most excels at being passive-aggressive.

Would you please step to the podium to accept your award? Speeches are limited to 4 lines of text.

The real Guy Fawkes would not be proud of you.

I seem to recall you hearing that a certain recruit this year was a done deal to the Gophers. Maybe you shouldn't believe everything that you hear.

Excuse us if we take what you say with a grain of salt.

I was also the guy who said Travis was not considering Duke and it was down to us and stanford and we were in the lead, which we were until the night before when his parents convinced him otherwise. Find one thing from that situation that turned out completely false? Trust me, I know a lot that I don't share on here, and its because people don't appreciate negative news on here. I'm very well connected to the local basketball scene here esp with pulley, I could share a lot of info with you guys, but there is no point, it just goes unappreciative or get completely bashed for saying something that isn't a positive for the gophers. I held my tongue about Henry since the summer, and I am holding my tonque on a lot of other things, I'll wait until they just become public via doogie or whoever and you can bash them, its not like I get paid to share this info, I get nothing to do so.

I was also the guy who said Travis was not considering Duke and it was down to us and stanford and we were in the lead, which we were until the night before when his parents convinced him otherwise. Find one thing from that situation that turned out completely false? Trust me, I know a lot that I don't share on here, and its because people don't appreciate negative news on here. I'm very well connected to the local basketball scene here esp with pulley, I could share a lot of info with you guys, but there is no point, it just goes unappreciative or get completely bashed for saying something that isn't a positive for the gophers. I held my tongue about Henry since the summer, and I am holding my tonque on a lot of other things, I'll wait until they just become public via doogie or whoever and you can bash them, its not like I get paid to share this info, I get nothing to do so.

Please please please please tell us your secrets !!!!!

Posts like these bring the ire of internet message boards all across the intrawebs. There have been many before you to proclaim their greatness and how they "choose not to share", truth or fiction, you will be be handled the same as your predecessors. I for one, predict you will flame out in a marvelous display of ******baggary, can your girlfriend photo shop something to commemorate it?

If you have to talk about how important you are or how smart you are, then you aren't that important or that smart.

Oh, all sorts of good for you. You're still some random dude posting on a chat board that I do not know. That doesn't invoke much reason for trust.

I'd bet a good amount of money collins or miles would have done better with this group. Its obvious he isn't good adjusting mid game, He is too reliant on talent, if he was a good coach he'd be able to adjust, we don't have the talent to win when you can't counter another coaches in game adjustment just by sticking to our orginal game plan

Because FIU was loaded with talent last year? I'm disappointed that we are again getting worse as the season goes on and not better. Some of that is on Pitino. But to declare Collins a better coach at this point? Please. Miles may well be and what he's doing at Nebraska is great. If we'd fired Tubby a year earlier, he could very well be our coach right now.

Yeah, maybe you need one of Sid's hearing aids so you can hear better. What?????????

Hmm. 24%... Good call. We really are amazing.

So I was right, right? If you had referenced anything about OSU's elite 3pt defense in your initial post, I was going to agree with you that we would struggle. Instead you came back trying to converse like a 13-year old and then referenced our previous game, so I decided you had no interest in an actual adult conversation. Gophers are an average 3pt shooting team. 34.2% even after plummeting from 36%+ over the past 2 games. OSU is an elite 3pt and overall defensive team.

Top Bottom