GAME #16: Gophers (12-3, 1-1) @ Penn State (9-6, 0-2) [BTN, 1/8, 6:00PM]

The reffing is lovely again. And little Dre needs to stop being a turnover machine. One brilliant basket to every 4 turnovers is not a winning formula.

Once again, they are extremely inconsistent. If Andre Hollins' last foul is really a foul, then each team should have 20-25 every half. They call an extremely ticky-tack foul one time down the floor, then let a guy get mugged on your next possession.

One scary thing...Newbill hasn't scored.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking before the game, "Why does Penn St. have such a hard time turning their program around?" But then I saw the arena tonight. Is the bottom deck even half full? How can you put 100K+ and not get at least 10K to your basketball games?

Pathetic performance in the first half. There seemed to be a lot of standing around on both sides of the court and just wasn't a lot of energy. Let's get it going in the 2nd half!

It was my fault. Gophers were winning 12-4 when i turned it on. =(

I'm confused. Have we turned the ball over on the press at all this year?

I love my Gophers...glad I'm not watching tonight. Wow!

They got lulled to sleep with the early lead. They have to learn to adapt to the officials. Limit turn overs in the second half and it's still winnable. This team really lacks a team leader. Honestly, who is it?

+1

I was thinking before the game, "Why does Penn St. have such a hard time turning their program around?" But then I saw the arena tonight. Is the bottom deck even half full? How can you put 100K+ and not get at least 10K to your basketball games?

Penn State is still on break and unlike the U, they are in a town that consists of just the school. Plus the weather is a problem. Again, unlike the U, to get to PSU from Philly or Pitt you have to cross lots of small mountains, long bridges and a couple of tunnels...that's why I didn't go. The drive in winter is just the pits.

Live and die by Hollinsanity. Come on fellas lead them to victory in the second half!

Pretty sure Ross Travis was in the paint for like 5 seconds on that last penn st basket.

EDIT possession, not a basket, got fouled.

God bless Austin, but he is killing us. A consistent performance by him and we're 3-0.

Gotta stay true to our game on O. Don't try to force plays, be patient and good looks will come.

While I believe the rule changes were implemented to benefit the offense, based on what I have seen this year they haven't. All of the ticky tack fouls disrupt the flow of the game making it difficult for players to get into a rhythm. The games seem to be much more affected by officiating than they have been in the past. It creates the appearance of sloppy play and is frustrating for fans to watch. They really need to reevaluate the interpretation changes after the season. IMO

We've just been sloppy on both sides of the court.

I would consider moving Dre to the point at crunch time. This is a very winnable road game.

While I believe the rule changes were implemented to benefit the offense, based on what I have seen this year they haven't. All of the ticky tack fouls disrupt the flow of the game making it difficult for players to get into a rhythm. The games seem to be much more affected by officiating than they have been in the past. It creates the appearance of sloppy play and is frustrating for fans to watch. They really need to reevaluate the interpretation changes after the season. IMO

Yep. Ive been watching big 10 ball. Is it like this all across the country?

These refs are ALWAYS in horrible position to make these calls. Even the ones that have gone in our favor. Just horrible.

Right now Eliason is our second leading scorer. As important as he is, it's going to be hard to win games when this is the case.

Such a boring game. Hate these fouls more than anything

Top Bottom